Search results

1. southportjac

Dish Network alternative

We use Youtube TV as well. I think the sports options beat cable by a mile. My wife is mostly housebound so we have some other subscription services (HBO Max, Disney TV, Netflix). I can't see ever gong back to cable willingly.
  2. southportjac

Please help me name my boat…

Like someone mentioned make sure you do a proper renaming ceremony complete with a libation to Neptune . On the name front an old friend of mine always wanted to buy a little sailboat and name in Cortez the Killer.
  3. southportjac

Crown DC-300a Series II Questions

I am running a d150a amp and ic150 preamp to my altec 14s. My preamp came with a manual that shows inline fuses on the speaker wire. I am using 3amp fuses and have had no problems .clarification that the fuses are between the power amp and the speakers
  4. southportjac

MIATA!

I have a '94 M Edition right now. I just like the smallness and simplicity of the first generation. I also smile every time I turn on the headlights and they pop up. Prices seem to be up this year but I paid $5400 for mine last year with 75K miles and needing nothing. Parts are cheap and there...
  5. southportjac

Good cheap phone options

I have a nuu g3 phone that was $139 on Amazon and am using mint mobile. $35 a month for 8 gig of data and unlimited talk and text. At the time I bought the phone it came with 3 free months mint service. Less than half the cost of my old at&t plan.
  6. southportjac

Show us your boats!

Here is my latest boat. Nimble Nomad mini trawler. I am looking for a realistic system 7 mobile receiver to use.
  7. southportjac

My Wharfedale W25’s beautiful condition.

I have a beat up pair with mismatched tweeters as my garage speakers and I am very fond of them. Your pair looks great
  8. southportjac

New to HiFi, what amp for Wharfedale W60?

I have a pair of W60s as my secondary system. I am currently running them with a Musical Paradise MP301 tube amp, but have used them with a Sansui Au5500. We have lived in three houses since I bought these and they have sounded good and bad in different rooms. Currently I have them on the floor...
  9. southportjac

Hey North Carolina AKers!

We have been in New Bern for two years now and still love it. We are in Fairfield Harbour and the neighborhood took a pretty good hit. Our street was fine. Now is a good time to look at lots because you can sure tell what floods and what doesn’t!
  10. southportjac

Best CONCERT ever seen.

My top 3 are probably 1. Joe Jackson Night and Day tour 1983 I thinkl 2. Emilou Harris and Rodney Crowell with Richard Thompson opening 3. The Kruger Brothers with a string quartet and Branford Marsalis
  11. southportjac

Rhythm Guitar Grooves

Tom Tom Club- Genius of Love
  12. southportjac

Model 14s first day

I would love to see a tutorial. I want to recap my 14s and have never done a recap.
  13. southportjac

Model 14s first day

A vote here for no grilles at all. I smile every time I look at mine with the covers off.
  14. southportjac

Show us an album you purchased when you were 16 or younger!

One of the all time great albums. My first non parent concert was heatwave, mother’s finest and the brothers Johnson
  15. southportjac

New from North Carolina

Welcome from New Bern!
  16. southportjac

Altec Lansing Model 14

That is outstanding!!
  17. southportjac

Altec Lansing Model 14

I just demoed my new pair to my musician brother and he said wow those are nice speakers. Mine are in so so cosmetic shape and there is something wrong with one woofer. I paid $200 and $90 for a replacement woofer from an advent 15. Mine came with covers too but they just look so cool with the...
  18. southportjac

*silent screams of help*

I know very little on the subject but I have read a lot on the forum about the econowaves. As a horn speaker fan they are interesting to me. Have you given that design a thought?
  19. southportjac

Altec Model 14 Restoration.

I don’t know how great my ears are but even mismatched they sound good to me. Maybe slightly off but not bad at all. Have you thought about finding another woofer from a model 15 and using two of those so they would match. I just paid $90 shopped for the one I bought.
  20. southportjac

Oh I forgot to mention that careful use of a putty knife got my woofers out safely.
  21. southportjac

I just bought a pair of Model 14s myself. The previous owner had refoamed the woofers at some point but one of the 34633s wasnt working. I found a 785 on ebay and installed it with the thought of sending the bad original woofer out to be worked on. I wanted instant gratification and I could...
  22. southportjac

Interested in the following entry level, affordable Tube Amps

I also have the mp301 and really like it. I am currently using it in my home office with klipsch kg2.5s. It has been reliable and gets plenty loud for my tastes.
  23. southportjac

Tips And Tricks For A Safe, Successful And Happy Life

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
  24. southportjac

Best "Under $100" Integrated Amp or Receiver

What about a 70s realistic receiver? I have an STA19 on my desk with a set of KLH 32s that sounds way better than it should. I paid 20 bucks on ebay for the receiver.
  25. southportjac

KLH Model Thirty Two.

I was given a set by a friend and have them on my desk as my computer speakers. I am driving them with a $20 Realistic STA19 mini receiver and the sound blows me away.
Back
Top Bottom