Search results

1. D

McIntosh C47, turned it on AND all hell broke loose!

http://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42668 The part about loosening the screws on the back and retightening them as indicated in post 4. I had the issue as well and it hasn't happened since.
  2. D

New C47, Love it so far, but some issues...help tweaking?

You don't upsample to make up missing information in low res, sheesh. You upsample because your software subjectively has a better sounding oversampling filter and you want to use it and bypass the oversampling filtering in the DAC.
  3. D

Is Tidal in trouble?

I pay extra for Qobuz mostly to not support MQA in any way but ended up gettiing the bonus of a better Jazz catalog. Win win!
  4. D

One thing you sold that you regret

My Klon guitar pedal. No stereo equipment.
  5. D

New McIntosh MC611

@joeinid no more posting about new products until McIntosh announces the new single box,analog,solid state, truly balanced dual mono preamp. Put your foot down!
  6. D

New DAC vs using current CD Player

I have not expertise in that price range nor have I heard your existing unit. Sorry. The cheapest DAC on my recommended list is the Ayre Codex, but I don't think you can get it used for your budget unfortunately. Maybe $1000.
  7. D

I'd take your word for it if I could find 1 review or one more person other than yourself that thought it was awesome. I now see it's something made in your home country and probably easily accessible to you. Good on you for promoting it.
  8. D

What's wrong with me - new digital vs vintage analog

I can see it happening. With the labels audibly watermarking digital downloads and streaming content along with pushing MQA, CDs will become the holy grail.
  9. D

@Galaxie500xl what is your budget? If you can push it up there, I'd try the new Schiit Yggdrasil with it's new Analog 2 board. $2399.00. Qobuz is coming to the US sometime in the middle of this year if you want hi-res streaming. Not other services offer true high res at this point.
  10. D

Trying DACs with the Creek as a transport is the right move IMO.
  11. D

Bass Response

What is your budget?
  12. D

What kind of tweeter do you prefer ??

My favourites are != some form of metal.
  13. D

Do you have something other than the SHM-SACD? http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-9513 Sorry to the OP for going off topic on this one.
  14. D

FWIW: The DVD-A is 2002 I believe. The SHM-SACDs are sourced from the Orb remasters from 2011, so I don't think they are the same master.
  15. D

MC1.25KW - no ordinary amps, thank you McIntosh!

I think there is room between the C52 and the C1100 for a single box true dual mono solid state analog preamp.
  16. D

Is MQA in your Future?

No. An MQA file that started as 24/192 PCM source gets unfolded on the other end as 17/96. Bob Stuart has confirmed 15.85-17bits. 17 is generous. Just dither the original file down and send a zero padded 17/96 pcm file in a flac container if you want to save bandwidth. No need for oragami...
  17. D

Is MQA in your Future?

Where did he say the original Dxd file was 624MB? Yes to the quobuz question, and discounts when purchasing those high res versions if on on the Sublime plan.
  18. D

Is MQA in your Future?

From what I’ve read, once you turn MQA on with Mytek it uses MQA filters for everthing. You’ll have to toggle MQA manually with that DAC to have it handle everything with the best filters possible. Or maybe you won’t care, time will tell.
  19. D

Is MQA in your Future?

No interest in Tidal, but would love if Qobuz came to Canada.
  20. D

Is MQA in your Future?

1) Yes. 2) Normal FLAC compression. Erm.. OK: the guy is a smart dude he knows the math. :) Yes with regards to Qobuz.
  21. D

Is MQA in your Future?

The whole point of that link was about MQA size for streaming distribution and how it isn't a plus for MQA as they claim. No MQA DAC was required to do that analysis, it's purely on a data level.
  22. D

Is MQA in your Future?

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/blogs/entry/466-some-analysis-and-comparison-of-mqa-encoded-flac-vs-normal-optimized-hires-flac/ QOBUZ is coming to the US and will stream actual hi-res lossless when it does. No MQA.
  23. D

Is MQA in your Future?

It's already been proven the equivalent PCM in a FLAC container will compress more than the MQA version in a FLAC container. MQA solves no bandwidth issues.
  24. D

For those considering an MC275-VI, did you purchase a pair of MC75s instead?

What do you have up your sleeve now? :)
  25. D

Is MQA in your Future?

If you want some more fun experimenting: Take the 352k file and downsample it to 88.2K and convert it down to 17bit with dither. This is the roughly what you get from a MQA file unfolded. Compress it back into a FLAC container and compare the size to the 24/44.1 MQA FLAC file.
Back
Top Bottom