Search results

1. Nashou66

Yamaha newbie A-700 resto thread

Nice PCB holder James, thats a different one than most use I think, the one I have and others most like have , uses Square/Rectangular tubing. But Im sure I can find the same size somewhere.
  2. Nashou66

Sick Yamaha B-1 Just came in, what road to recovery should I take?

Cool dummy load! Old heater elements? Nashou
  3. Nashou66

Yamaha CA-2000 With Sticky Meter

4. Nashou66

Which soldering station would you buy?

I have had this one for over 8 years and it works great ...
  5. Nashou66

Put the 470 Ω resistor only on the outputs as those are the ones that are hardest to find and replace and most expensive . For the driver transistors you need all those in place for testing of bias and DC offset adjustments .
  6. Nashou66

I use this from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KY4D1MP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  7. Nashou66

A-1020 on the hobbyist bench

This is my Hakko tool...
  8. Nashou66

Another MX-1000 refurbished

Don't forget this part of the mod.
  9. Nashou66

I should pop mine open. I haven't looked at since i bought it many months ago, maybe year or two? :dunno:
  10. Nashou66

Heat dissipation bends, and to hold the cap at certain hight above the board. I have a Hakko tool to make those bends.
  11. Nashou66

Yamaha CA-2000 With Sticky Meter

12. Nashou66

We say its Beer:30 here in Buffalo NY
  13. Nashou66

Test Equipment Sub-Forum

Fluke 87V and a good ole fashion Oscilloscope , the CRT type I prefer to the newer digital stuff. A Tektronix 2235 is a work horse and can be found cheap sometimes. Athanasios
  14. Nashou66

Yamaha B-2X with AC noise? in one left channel

Try here as well, they have a request form you can fill out. https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/chemi-con/ESMH6R3VSN104MA45S/4002932?s=N4IgTCBcDaIKIGUCyAJAbAJQMwDUEDkBGABgBYkBBUgVgRAF0BfIA Nashou
  15. Nashou66

Vintage Yamaha Repair

Where are you located? Nashou
  16. Nashou66

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/what-stock-of-solid-state-transistors-should-i-have-around.863676/ the link in my signature. James, Add to my thread some of the parts you think would be good to have and I'll add them. Thanks
  17. Nashou66

I just checked Digikey , they were out of stock on the one I posted.
  18. Nashou66

You could use old credit cards stacked and glued together . :D I save mine for such situations Nashou
  19. Nashou66

If the 1962 is not in stock the 1943 is a good replacement, and a higher heat dissipation https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/info/2SA1943N_datasheet_en_20150512.pdf?did=13908&prodName=2SA1943N
  20. Nashou66

I hope the ones you need to replace aren't the type where if you press one the other pops out, ie, the toggling type. I don't think anyone makes them anymore. Athanasios
  21. Nashou66

Incoming B-6...Might be a basket case...will need Avionics help for sure !!! FIXED,sorta !!!

You might be right, if you look back a couple post from before the mishap I was unable to fully adjust Bias in a fashion according to the manual. So that may be part of the issue . So this time I had some 1k trim pots and started there. I'l also check all resistors around that part of the...
  22. Nashou66

Incoming B-6...Might be a basket case...will need Avionics help for sure !!! FIXED,sorta !!!

Some more casualties . Resistors and blown small tranny's have been changed except for the dual .47 ohm emitter resistors. Once those come in I'll mimic the outputs with 470 Ohm R's from Emitter to Base pads and see if it will fire up out of protection and then see if I can adjust bias ...
  23. Nashou66

This is what it like like for about 45 minutes before the Chernobyl under the bonnet. And it sounded great I might say. These are the Tranny's Im taking a chance on. The casualties of the fall out.
  24. Nashou66

Yep, the thing is I know the speaker ends I use are not the optimal for this situation on a bench . The ends can screw off to be interchangeable, Spade, Banana , pin etc. so I though it be good for all the different types of units I repair. I was meaning to addd heat shrink tubing over the...
  25. Nashou66

Sounded great till that happened, shit load of static then silence . :( Nashou
Back
Top Bottom