Search results

1. Nashou66

Yamaha UD-500 , is it really this rare? Restoration Begins.

Ok this one I have seen only once before on the bay and I remember it was crazy expensive for what it is. I think it went for over 1k IIRC. This was just listed last week and for an offer of 40 bucks I took a chance and it was accepted. I really dont need another project to add to my pile but I...
  2. Nashou66

Hesitated to long for a possible Working B-2 :(

Saw this about 30 minutes ago, 9:22 PM EST , it was a B-2 with a description that it hasn't been run for years and would most likely needing a rebuild. So I asked the seller what they meant by "Hasn't been run" . well I should have jumped on it anyway. for under 5 smackers shipped . Some one...
  3. Nashou66

Hp 3440A With 3441A module Nixie Tube Digital Multimeter from the 1960's

I got this unit the other day and began taking it apart to clean it. I haven't tested it yet but it turns on and goes through what i think is a self test mode. I wish I had the 3444A unit with this one , so I will search for the unit if I can find it as a separate unit. Here are some pics of...
  4. Nashou66

Happy New year Yamama fanatics !!!

Happy new year to all the crazy Yammy fans out there !!! Athanasios
  5. Nashou66

Is this a fair deal for Phase Linear amps?

These were listed for 300 each, I offered 500 for both, as my friend wanted one, which is great cause I only wanted one as well. Well he accepted. Here they are .
  6. Nashou66

KA-7002 Weak channel , read all the threads....need advice on how to proceed.

I have this nice unit in for repair. They said no right channel but it's there but weak. Sprayed and worked all the controls for hours and still its low. Amp section works fine on its own, I changed the caps and some tranny's . Re built the pre amp board as well all new caps and tranny's...
  7. Nashou66

Vertical Fet's article including Yamaha B-1

Found this article from 1976. Posting it here for all to read. I haven't read it yet but will later. enjoy
  8. Nashou66

Just ordered my Van Halen MOFI One Step , anyone else going to?

Just woke to the e-mail that pre-order's are beginning for the 12k numbered copies of VH #1 or are you all still sour on the "scandal" ;) lol I must say the One Step versions of the albums I have , 4 total, are the best sounding versions I have. The number one reason is they have the...
  9. Nashou66

What model Weathers Turntable is this? Answer: Syncromatic with Fairchild SA-12 arm

It also has a Fairchild arm on it, which model for that as well. Athanasios
  10. Nashou66

Tube testing question for Emerson Model 535 and repair thread

I got this old tube radio to look at for a friend. Now I'm not a tube guy but have the Type 575 Curve tracer that has tubes so I got a EMC model 211 tube tester for testing its tubes if I need to. Well Im testing the tubs in the 535 radio and the olde ones the previous tech took out, There are...
  11. Nashou66

2330 Center tuning meter issue, and now phono hum...Dropped amp may be the cause... :(

I am working on a 2330 and I believe the center tuning meter was working. I had the amp vertical on one side, I walked away for a minute and came back to it on the floor !!! Some broken plastic back light housing parts and a dislodged tuning wheel but other wise its all ok and I got the left amp...
  12. Nashou66

Marantz 2330 repair advice....

I got this 2330 that has a distorted left channel , right works fine. Also I can't adjust bias on that channel. Trimpots work fine. But this unit was worked on before and has a lot of NTE replacement parts, including the outputs . I have read that most are crappy of not as good as other...
  13. Nashou66

Another emitter resister change question....

I have a Sansui 5700 that has an open .33 ohm dual emitter resistor . I am waiting for some to be delivered but it seems the eBay seller is slow to ship. :whip: So I have parts amp that has .22 ohm dual emitter resisters and want to know If i could use those till the correct value come in. I...
  14. Nashou66

New to me Yamaha NS-30T , not bad at all.....

for $125 I figured why not, I can use these some where or pass them along at some point after I enjoy them for a while. So I hooked them up to my B-2 driven by my DIY Wyn Palmer Preamp and man these sound great for an 8" woofer !! Tight bass and deeper than I thought they would go. Nice mid...
  15. Nashou66

I Don't need these but I couldn't resist :D

Oh well more stuff I dont need but said ehh why the hell not!! Purchased by the seller in Japan while serving in the Marines. Super nice guy and a great price for all. I would have paid it just for the A-1020!!! The DA-600 is a Hitachi CD player, and of course the ADC EQ but the rest is Yammy...
  16. Nashou66

Post play Record cleaning platter riser/elevator....

No matter how much I try to keep the platter matts clean I always have dust on the side that the record touches and when I'm ready to place the record back in the sleeve i have a hard time finding a way to clean the dusty side with out touching that damn dusty platter. So I came up with this...
  17. Nashou66

EMC ( Electronic Measurement Corporation ) Model 300 VTVM Restoration !

Just got a delivery of a EMC 300 VTVM . Not much Info out there on this except from RadioMuseum.com. I haven't found any threads on forums of anyone doing a restoration on one of these. So I'll give it a shot in-between doing other projects , so this might take a long time. Also not sure how...
  18. Nashou66

Sony V-fet amp in Florida Alert!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/904208026352351/permalink/5685779971528442/?sale_post_id=5685779971528442&mibextid=DcJ9fc great buy for someone local if they hurry , put up a few hours ago !
  19. Nashou66

Type 575 Curve Tracer in the shop !!! Now to figure it out if it works!!

I got this off the bay for a great price I thought, also not knowing if it worked . Compared to units that were known as working this was 3-400 less :D So I jumped on it, especially with free delivery charges can't go wrong since it weighs 70 pounds !! I removed the two knobs, I do have them...
  20. Nashou66

Accidentally reversed biased a Cap using a Sencore LC75, will it be ok?

Sencore LC "Z meter" users , I have a question about its use. I accidentally connected a dual element capacitor of 15kX15k where the three screw connectors are shown on the side of the cap as + E - as in this picture however I biased one side correctly but then just moved the positive to the -...
  21. Nashou66

Pray For Damar Hamlin and his family

Watched my beloved Buffalo Bills last night and was heart broken for what happened to one of their team mates and friend . I can't imagine how they felt at that time. God bless his recovery. Athanasios
  22. Nashou66

It ain't pretty but it works (A-1 door hinge)

On the Yamaha A-1's it's usually the inner door hinge that breaks not the one attached to the door. Well a stack of my gear toppled to the concrete floor and the one door hinge broke. Others have made the inner door hinge which are 3D printed. But so far I have yet to find any of the other side...
  23. Nashou66

B-2 has distortion in right channel, time to re visit my restoration.

Well the B-2 I restored in 2020 has now got distortion on the right channel, its like its a muddied sound. @rottalpha 's new thread and my question in my other B-2 thread about changing driver transistors may have been a premonition to the problem, as I did not change those tranny's on that...
  24. Nashou66

DIY Equipment repair turntable

Flipping heavy amps around on the bench can be a pain in the arse , and you can scratch the paint, drop it, or just hurt yourself . So I decided to make a rotate-able platter to hold the gear I'm working on. Also it's light and portable . I used old things I had laying around except for the...
  25. Nashou66

Carver MXR-2000 preamp section/power supply issue( Solved)

I have the unit in for repair. At first power on there was no lights or display but I could hear two relay clicks. It had no pre amp jumpers so I used buy iPhone as the pre and had sound at head phones and later at speakers. So amp section is working. I pulled and reseated all connects on the...
Back
Top Bottom