Search results

1. T

Cleaning old vinyl

Ok but why glue, they can be cleaned so well with proper solutions, imagine an very old, precious, unique record with wood glue on it over the night. :no:
  2. T

the perfect test record list

On my test record i have a pink noise track, that is perfect for testing the room acoustical, pink noise is constant and it's easy to hear the differences in positioning the speakers:yes:
  3. T

My first cassette tape deck - and there's a hum!

Maybe the head tape have bad solder joints, you can check that, or the conexion from head to electronic board is not very good, :scratch2:.
  4. T

Cleaning old vinyl

Wood glue:scratch2:, why not some super glue? I really think that glue it's for wood, so clean your records proper ways, for better days.:)
  5. T

Did some interesting cart comparisons last night

Youre right, nothing can be done because the magnetic system is as it is and can't be changed, replacing the stylus would not be enough because the internals[the coils] are the same:D
  6. T

Static on 180g & 200g

Older vinyls material contain some anti static compound, nowdays vinyls are cheap compounds made for economy, i never had that issue with my older ones:)
  7. T

Shaving Cream Usage.

Shaving cream??:scratch2: never heard.:D
  8. T

KENWOOD KX-400 cassette deck, any good?

I saw this deck for sale on auction site, the owner said that is very good condition, great looking and working, i think i want to buy it cause i really like that classic look. Maybe someone have this model and can tell if it's worth. Thanks in advance!!:)
  9. T

For the Old Heads...What's the Best Blank Cassette for recording on?

Memorex CDX-chrome, those are still available, they make good cassettes:)
  10. T

Swimming cat upstages woman in bikini.

A cat swimming??? Really odd, but great video:thmbsp:
  11. T

What's wrong with mp3's?

Those artifacts may come from using the filters, noise filters, effects filters etc. but if the original recording it's encoded directly without changing too much i think the results can be better.:scratch2:
  12. T

Normal or High position cassettes?..

Youre right about FeCr, are great sounding cassettes, i have AGFA-CARAT FeCr, i can tell it's the best sounding i've heard :)
  13. T

Looking for a sci fi movie

Resident evil?
  14. T

Why do we bother with compromised media?

Maybe with a variable speed, increasing to the inner groove the things were different, a system controlled by tonearm which is capable to mantain the same velocity on all the surface of the record:)
  15. T

Why do we bother with compromised media?

I've realised that inner groove sound more dynamic on 45 than 33, IMO:scratch2:
  16. T

Best Long Term tape deck

I just saw an TEAC A-300S, very nice, can be a good choise:scratch2:
  17. T

Look what i found:) http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-RAKS-CABRIO-HEAT-RESISTANT-BLANK-CASSETTE-LOT-5-/110830870438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce08dfa6
  18. T

Best Long Term tape deck

Very good posting, maybe depends by the taste, i like old vintage ones with simple mechanicals, the new released i think are too complicated and too expensive, so i preffer my old Philips and i think i get another one new[old] from auction sites:)
  19. T

OMG, OMG those was really bad, eaten all the time, the oxide falling off, but at that time it was about a single choise:D, i don't have anymore those, i throw away all:smoke:
  20. T

My Philips-6223 have a nice high density rec/play head, till now non of my cassettes eaten it, but who knows, about chrome cassettes i have some, RAKS-SDX and Fuji DR-2 but really i preffer ferro, maybe to my deck doesn't like chrome:scratch2:
  21. T

I remeber AGFA had double coated tape, ferro and chrom, the first layer was ferro and second was chrome, i remember theyre sounding great, anyway the [vest]germans cassettes was great, i really don't want remember [east german]ORWO cassettes,, that was awful:no:
  22. T

I never tried metal tapes, only ferro and chrom-o2, but i preffered ferro, metal ones was hard to find in my location and now i can't find at all, ferro are available but not all are good, I found some EMTEC the ex-BASF, really good tapes, and cheap, about 1'5$ each:)
  23. T

I allways preffered normal position cassettes because it seems the lower frequencies are better reproduced, the hights are smoother and bass tighter, well depend by the tape, my preffered was and still is BASF- ferro extra1, AGFA-super ferro, TDK and Maxell, but high position ones never liked a...
  24. T

What's wrong with mp3's?

These days i've ripped some tracks for my iphone, i love to listen high quality even on my iphone earbuds, mp3 are good for tiny space which takes, i have some Vivaldi here to see how it sound at 320k:) http://www.wikiupload.com/KHT71ELVI1KT9Z5
  25. T

Anyone tried Raks-cassettes, this type is special for car player and sound great:)
Back
Top Bottom