Search results

1. mpowered

Dynaco ST-70

I went with a original ST70 and I am so impressed with it that it has changed my ideas of what an amplifier is supposed to sound like. I did some tube rolling and everything is good for know but I'm going to do some modes to it. Get a good tube preamp to drive it. I personally went with a...
  2. mpowered

My Sansui 2000 SPANKS my Sansui 4000

If anyone needs Sansui service manuals I think I have most of them in digital form. Just let me know. I don't know why I am a new member for the past 5 years?
  3. mpowered

Currently Rebuilding a beautiful, completely original DynaKit Stereo 70 and Dynakit Stereo PAS 2...

Currently Rebuilding a beautiful, completely original DynaKit Stereo 70 and Dynakit Stereo PAS 2 Preamplifier...
  4. mpowered

Sansui b-2101, any thoughts?

B-2101 & B-2102 similiar but not the same... Just for a bit of clarification if anyone reads these old threads. The B-2101 amp and C-2101 preamp are not the same internally as the B-2102 and C-2102. They are similar but not the same.:no::no: The 2101 Series is not as built proof or as hardy as...
  5. mpowered

M-Powered's Totally Sick Sansui Setup

This is my own creation and it has taken me over a decade to assemble it. It is what I like and what I think sounds amazing. This is not a dream this is what I listen to everyday... "except when something goes to shit and hey, it does with 40 year old gear and when it does then you better be...
  6. mpowered

Musicality - What does it mean to you?

Sorry for the typos and the chips i replaced were TI 4580's with Ti LM4562 High Performance, High Fidelity Op Amps. Courtesy of TI. Thanks TI
  7. mpowered

Musicality - What does it mean to you?

I am a music geek and I love it. Today i just changed the DAC OP AMP's in my DAC unit and I agree what is musical. These new chips are more musical as a matter of fact you hit the nail on the head. Musical to me was today after changing the chips I noticed that my horns in my speakers came to...
  8. mpowered

B-2010 Need a little help...arrived DOA

No click, the fuses have been checked by meter at least twice and the relays operate as they should i checked them with a meter and wired them to my bench power supply to check there operation. I was wondering if you know about the bias settings I have the service manual but there are so many...
  9. mpowered

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Music is the Experience of a Lifetime The Avett Brothers using a Xiang Sheng DAC playing on 4 pairs of speakers and 2 subwoofers. A pair of Sansui SP-9, Sansui XL-500, Polk Rti-150 and Polk Studio Monitors and 2-Infinity PS-12 500 watt subs. Powering it all are 2 Sansui-B-2101 and 2 Sansui...
  10. Sansui 1000-A

Sansui 1000-A

My best friend and I are long time Sansui Fans thanks to his late father Paul's passion for great sound. Paul instilled that same quality in both of us. But, I am by far over the top when it comes to my personal system. I was at Randy's house a couple of weeks ago and he said that he had...
  11. mpowered

B-2010 Need a little help...arrived DOA

Hello, I just a purchased a B-2010 and it arrived DOA. We know the story it was working but.... So, I opened it up and low and behold I certainly wasn't the first to do it and who ever was here before me was a hack. So, I cleaned everything up to the best of my ability and replaced burned...
  12. mpowered

A SANSUI forum

My best friend just added to my Sansui Collection today by giving me his late fathers Sansui 1000A. It is just like brand new with all of the stickers that came from the factory...hell, it even still has the blue chrome protector tape on the face plate. I was so excited to get it and surprised...
  13. mpowered

A meteorite went 'bang' last night.

Glad to see that someone heard it because I was outside last night having a smoke and caught it streaking across the sky and then I saw it exploded but never heard anything and I have no idea really how far away it was when it fizzled out... I'm in Salt Lake City.
  14. mpowered

Greetings from Salt Lake City

Greetings to everyone out there in analog audio land. I'm mpowered and I am a analog music devotee. I redo as many Classic Sansui audio devices as I can possibly find. I just wish I knew more about what i am doing but at this point i am a work in progress and just learning and I love to...
  15. mpowered

What's Sansui in your setup?

Monster Sound with a lot of headroom Sansui Components and Speakers Starting from the top down It has taken me 15 years to find and collect this system. C-2101 PreAmp #634105556 C02102 PreAmp #606065120 TU-X519 Tuner #603081979 PC-V750 CD #61201225...
  16. mpowered

B-2101 Died its still dead

My B-2101 died about a month ago so I thought it would be a good time to recap it... replaced anything I could find that was burnt like resistors, diodes and transistors and so. I replaced every cap with ELSA, Muse, WIMA and the likes for the others. I recapped the entire beast including the...
  17. mpowered

Sansui-Glue on Audio Component Boards?

Cleaned, Repaired, Recapped & No Extra Parts Left Over This what I thought to be a small task has taken a couple weeks to complete. First deciding what caps I wanted to use and placing the order and waiting impatiently a week for the mail to arrive. The people at Handmade Electronics did a...
  18. mpowered

Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

I've spent the past many years putting together this little collection but I am running a C-2102 Preamp into 4 amps. 1/B-2102 powering SP-X9's, 1/B-2102 powering XL-500's, B-2101 powering Pyle RT-1150's and a Hafler 500 powering Pyle Pro PADH212's. Everything woke up and took that muddy sound...
  19. mpowered

Thanks a million for the input and you are right about which is which and what is what. I know see the difference and why there is not that much of it on the PCB. It's just on the few larger caps which in my case are 70% of the one that failed. But their are so many that are 20-35/40% off specs...
  20. mpowered

Maybe Sansui changed their manufacturing practice with my Series of Amplifiers? I have removed probably 35-40 caps at this point and I don't have any type of glue a ring or residue around the caps except around and under the caps that have failed? PS. I wouldn't want to taste it... the stuff...
  21. mpowered

Puzzled? I may be mistaken but where will I find this glue? This is the adventure of a lifetime finding out more and more information about what make all this work but for the life of me I must be missing the glue? My boards are all clean except where the electrolytic has "vented" from the...
  22. mpowered

I'm new at this but I thought this subject deserved at least a mention in light of how many threads I have read about this corrosive glue that Sansui used on their component boards to "stick" there caps down and what a mess it creates. The mess it creates is real it will literally dissolve the...
  23. mpowered

Show Me Your Sansui!

Olde school audio... Rules! THIS IS MY BASIC STACK MINUS 2/B-2101'S THAT I AM RECAPPING AT THE MOMENT.:banana::banana::banana: LISTEN TO EVERY MOMENT OF LIFE.
Back
Top Bottom