Search results

1. Vinyl Seance

Replacement bulb for PL-630

Thanks Jeff!
  2. Vinyl Seance

Replacement bulb for PL-630

Hey Team! Anyone Know the proper bulb replacement for the small incandescent lamp underneath the tonearm that activates the photo-transistor in the Pioneer PL-630? Pretty specific question i know, but i have narrowed down the problem to a burnt out bulb! Thanks all -kellan
  3. Vinyl Seance

pioneer PL-630 not spinning!

Jeff! Thanks so much this was extremely helpful. Through that thread I was able to diagnose the problem of the lamp being burnt out that triggers the optical eye. So yes i had the exact opposite problem you did where i could get no movement out of my platter because i had no light triggering...
  4. Vinyl Seance

pioneer PL-630 not spinning!

Hey Team, Bit stumped by this one because i havnt seen any other posts identifying this problem. The PL-630 turntable direct drive platter does not spin at all when the tone arm is engaged. The tone arm should switch on the platter but seems like either that switch has failed or my direct drive...
  5. Vinyl Seance

pioneer ct-f1250 take up reel hauling ass

I searched the internet up and down for this and haven't found anyone else with the same problem. When in normal play mode the the take up reel sputters really fast . the teeth of the tape cannot keep up with the tension off the take up reel so the tape teeth slip out of the take up reel and...
  6. Vinyl Seance

What's Pioneer in your rig?

ct-f1250, sx 1280, rt-909, PL- 630, sg 9500, hpm- 100 100 watt, hpm-100 200 watt
  7. Vinyl Seance

Pioneer ct-f1250 weird voodoo stuff happening

Ok about four tapes deep and this thing really sounds like a dream. No sputter problems yet so keeping my fingers crossed. I forgot to mention i bought this "as is for parts" about a month ago and never heard this unit now, I only heard its brother the CT-f1000. I gotta say it sounds just as...
  8. Vinyl Seance

Thanks DN for the help, all the idlers and belts where from Vintage audio online which was mentioned alot on this site as being trustworthy. I guess i read the manual wrong....i stink at reading tech stuff. anyhow i tried the obvious and played another couple tapes and they play much better with...
  9. Vinyl Seance

Pioneer ct-f1250 stop function

Ok, did a little more work and fixed the stop button not functioning problem. It was a split wire. I measured the torque on the take up real and it was about 30 grams over what it should be on playback and FF. The service manual does not suggests any fixes for this other than getting a new...
  10. Vinyl Seance

Ok, did a little more work and fixed the stop button not functioning problem. It was a split wire. I measured the torque on the take up real and it was about 30 grams over what it should be on playback and FF. The service manual does not suggests any fixes for this other than getting a new...
  11. Vinyl Seance

Hey team, I just got finished servicing my ctf1250 and have come out of the whole thing with a new problem that I dont see posted anywhere. The stop function does not work when pushed! now that i see that it is not a common problem i hope that maybe i just severed a wire while doing my belt...
  12. Vinyl Seance

Pioneer ct-f1250 stop function

Hey team, I just got finished servicing my ctf1250 and have come out of the whole thing with a new problem that I dont see posted anywhere. The stop function does not work when pushed! now that i see that it is not a common problem i hope that maybe i just severed a wire while doing my belt...
  13. Vinyl Seance

Pioneer rt 909 muffled sound on reverse play

Hey there team, My Rt 909 has been a bit of a chore getting back up to working condition but thanks to that 909 restoration thread on the Karma i have been able to fix and restore most of the machine. The last problem i think has to do with the heads and im sure i dont want to touch those...
  14. Vinyl Seance

Pioneer RT 909 speed issue

Greetings fellow pioneer fans, I have been restoring a pioneer RT 909 for the past 4 months or so thanks to a great restore post here on AK. I hit all the major issues adjusting tension arms and replacing the micro switches, deoxiting the unit, lubing and cleaning capstan, adjusting reel...
  15. Vinyl Seance

Tweeters for HPM 100

Thanks for the help guys!! This is some good info
  16. Vinyl Seance

Tweeters for HPM 100

Hello FolksI rebuilt and reveneered a set of hpm100's , 200 watt versions and am stuck on the last parts. All i need to settle up are a new pair of tweeters to replace the old ones. Now i know all i really need to do is troll out ebay for another month or so but I am also very curious.... A lot...
  17. Vinyl Seance

adding veneer to pioneer hpm 100

done! looking sharp
  18. Vinyl Seance

with poly.
  19. Vinyl Seance

I always liked pioneer for its looks and good sound. I thought that the hpm's sounded great but always defaulted to the cs series because they had looks and alright sound ( but not as great as hpm's). I eventually folded in and got some hpm's and i love them to death and since i just recently...
  20. Vinyl Seance

pioneer HPM 100's score

it appears that the old wires are not there. they must of came out with the old woofers. is the wire leading to the mids and tweeters just speaker wire? or copper electric wire? i guess i can just take the wire thats there and bring it to radio shack or home depot for a match? Thanks for the...
  21. Vinyl Seance

pioneer HPM 100's score

Oh Yeah! I was also wondering what kind of wire i should use to connect the new woofers to the unit? Thanks!!
  22. Vinyl Seance

pioneer HPM 100's score

So I scored a set of HPM 100's (200w versions) off craigslist for 90 bucks in great cosmetic condition. All the speakers work except The only catch was that both the woofers were missing. So needless to say i will be watching the ebay for the replacement parts. What I was curious about is if i...
  23. Vinyl Seance

another stacked HPM 100 thread

I have enjoyed a pair of hpm 100's stacked with a pair of cs 99a's. they complement each other very well. the hpm supplies the lows and the highs while the 99a's handle everything in the mids.
  24. Vinyl Seance

Pioneer rt 707 Capsan stopped spinning

Thanks Thanks for the thoughts guys, This is starting to sound like it may be getting a little over my head. But to be sure i am going to go ahead and give the speed controls a good cleaning. I really went up and down the unit and could not locate any other fuse source that i can recognize...
  25. Vinyl Seance

Pioneer rt 707 Capsan stopped spinning

closeup photo Thanks for the reply Glen, Attached is a close photo of the board. You can read the numbers from the photo thanks!
Back
Top Bottom