Search results

1. M

Sony CDP-608ESD Not Tracking

I finally found the problem. The ribbon cable is brittle and cracked, which caused open connections....Macon
  2. M

I have checked and double checked that section. The laser moves freely and it will play for a few seconds, when I home it.
  3. M

I replaced the belt on this Sony cd player 608ESD and the timing seems correct, since it loads and displays the disc information, but does not track. I found out that the laser assembly remains stationary, when in play mode. I can slide it back and forth on the magnetic rail, but it remains...
  4. M

Sony CDP-608ESD CD Player Mechanism

I would appreciate some help in aligning the drawer in this sony CDP608ESD. I replaced the belt, but I am having difficulty in aligning the drawer. I had to remove the top of the drawer and two two gears to replace the belt and stupidly did not pay enough attention, when removing screws/parts...
  5. M

Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Still not Upgraded I paid $25.00 using paypal several weeks ago and I do not believe my membership has been upgraded yet.
  6. M

Luxman L-110 Adjustments

Thanks Baron
  7. M

Luxman L-110 Adjustments

Hello Group, I have a Luxman L-110 with 178 mv on the left channel and 58 mv on the right. I would appreciate the instructions for adjusting the idle current and DC offset if anyone has it. Thank you, Macon
  8. M

8080DB Faceplate Plastic

My thanks to Avionic and Ibcgav who sent me on the hunt for plastic polish. Used Meguiar's Plastx, which did a perfect job...Macon
  9. M

8080DB Faceplate Plastic

I just completed the relamping etc. of a Sansui 8080DB and now notice that a small area of the faceplate glass (plastic) has a smoky film, which I cannot remove using any type of glass cleaner. Has anyone seen this before and know how to remove it? Thank you....Macon.
  10. M

Pioneer SX-727 No AM

Hello Gents, I have a Pioneer SX-727 which will not pull in AM stations. The signal strength meter does not move at all. I inspected the ferrite antenna and wires, which seems intact. Attaching an external AM antenna makes no difference at all. All other functions work perfectly. I'm hoping...
  11. M

G-9700 Measuring Bias

Pete, Thanks for the assistance. The receiver is fine now.
  12. M

G-9700 Measuring Bias

I will let you know in a couple of days. Thanks
  13. M

G-9700 Measuring Bias

Gents…I would like to know exactly where to connect my meter to measure the bias current on the Sansui G-9700. Page 2 of the service manual states between the emitter terminals of TR02 and TR03. On the schematic it shows from the emitter of TR03 and TR04. The pots were replaced with multi turn...
  14. M

Kenwood 500 Integrated Amp Spkr Relay

Echo...Yes, it is the little brother to the Model 600 and thanks for the information. I will be ordering it tomorrow.
  15. M

The number on the relay case is DEC 092 24VDC Type MS4U.
  16. M

I am trying to locate a source for the speaker relay for the Kenwood 500. The Part number is S51-4030-15. Thanks....Macon
  17. M

Sony Cassette Deck TC-K8 Transport

Hello All, I have a Sony cassette deck model TC-K8, which will FF and RW, but has no play function. I am prepared to replace the belts, But I think I have other problems. I would appreciate the procedure for properly removing the transport mechanism, if anyone knows how. Thank you..Macon
  18. M

Sherwood Receiver S-7450 CP adjusting DC Offset and Bias

I have a Sherwood S7450 with 17 mv Dc at both speaker terminals. Does anyone have the procedure for adjusting the Bias and DC offset on this receiver? Thanks, Macon.
  19. M

Sherwood Receiver S-7450 CP adjusting DC Offset and Bias

Hello Folks, I have a Sherwood S7450 with 17 mv Dc at both speaker terminals. Does anyone have the procedure for adjusting the Bias and DC offset on this receiver? Thanks, Macon.
  20. M

Sansui G-9700 3.9K 15W resistor open

Hello All, I have a Sui 9700 which had a blown main fuse. I replaced the fuse but then found R612 on board F-3072 open. I cannot find it at any of my regular retailers. Could someone give me a source for it. It is a 3.9K 15W wirewound ceramic type. Thanks. Macon
  21. M

What happened to the old threads? Archived?

I am also trying to find information on a G-9700, which is dead. I previously read posts on this model, which i can no longer access. Macon
  22. M

Pioneer TX-6200 Stereo Lamp Spec.

I need to replace the stereo lamp for the TX-6200 tuner. Would anyone be able to tell me the voltage/current rating for this lamp. Thanks M.
  23. M

Using SX-550 volume pot on SX-850

Mark you are the Fixer. I did the mod., replaced the pot and it performs flawlessly. Thanks, Macon.
  24. M

Using SX-550 volume pot on SX-850

I would like to replace the volume pot on an SX-850 (ACV-164,50KX2) with one from an SX-550 (ACV-161,100KX2). Would anyone know what modifications need to be made? I am familiar with component replacement. Thanks, Macon
  25. M

Marantz 140 Lamp

Tinyelvis...I received it with the leds installed and they are only illuminating part of the meters? Macon
Back
Top Bottom