Search results

1. J

Sx980 no relay click

Hey all. I have a new to me sx980 that is not coming out of protection. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. AWM 124 protection board voltages: Spec Reading Pin:10 +65 +68.7 Pin:9. +13. +13.4 Pin:2. -50. -53 Pin:5. 0mv. -73.7mv Pin:8. 0mv. -88mv Pin:1. 21vac...
  2. J

Sx828 weak left channel

Hi audio brethren, I need some help with a sx828 that has low output and some hum on the left channel. These are the things I have tried so far. All the controls and switches were deoxed. I switched the pre out/ ins on the back to trace it to being in the preamp. I replaced all of the...
  3. J

Sx880 phono input problem

Disregard
  4. J

Teac X-1000R recording problem and question

I am having a problem with recording in forward and also have a question. First off I have tuned up my new to me teac with a new teac belt, lubed the linkage, cleaned the heads and pinch rollers etc. Now everything works as it should except for recording in forward. It will play in forward...
  5. J

SX-1980 Slow to get out of protection

As the title says: I have a sx-1980 that takes about 3 to 4 minutes to come out of protection and engage the 2nd relay. I figure the PS board needs rebuilt, but would like to have an idea what is wrong before I just jump in there. Any help would be appreciated. I ran some voltage checks on...
  6. J

realistic sta-2100 popping help please?

Good morning Akers, I cleaned,deoxed and set idle current,bias, dc offset etc on a sta-2100 yesterday and put it in rotation to test. Well it failed. At about 30wpc the bass notes make a popping sound and it sounds like it is bottoming out the drivers on both channels. As soon as it did this...
  7. J

Pioneer sx-1250 repair estimate needed

Short story: I bought an sx-1250 off of cl. The seller described it as "mint". I receive it and not only does it have a few bulbs blown, knobs that had been bent and bent back incorrectly,some scratches and corrosion, the right channel is distorted badly. I checked the three adjustments and...
  8. J

"My name is James and I am an Audio Addict"

I have visions of walking into a room full of chairs to a group of people I that I dont know who all have the same affliction as me in some way or another. "Hi, my name is James and I am an vintage audio addict"..."HI JAMES!" I have a love and addiction of older audio gear (late...
Back
Top Bottom