Search results

1. A

Identify these speakers?

Yeah..they almost look like car audio woofers don't they?
  2. A

Identify these speakers?

Anyone know which model these are / any good?
  3. A

Oppo bdp-93 or 95?

Now to buy 500 dollar interconnects! Just kidding.
  4. A

Oppo bdp-93 or 95?

It's done. I've ordered the bdp-93. It satisfies the utility I was after, and I'm not sure I could have survived the purchase of the bdp-95 with my manhood intact (wife would be pissed!)
  5. A

Oppo bdp-93 or 95?

I'll be using the analog output only at this point, since my HK3490 does not have hdmi inputs. I asked the same question over @ avsforums in their oppo 95 thread. They seemed to believe that I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on my monitor 70's. But, If I had an eye toward more...
  6. A

House to MYSELF!!!

I'm in the same boat. Wife and baby gone till next Tuesday. Time to rock out with my ____ out!
  7. A

Oppo bdp-93 or 95?

That's exactly why. SACD, DVD-A and discs full of FLAC files. Nobody else has that combination that I'm aware of.
  8. A

Oppo bdp-93 or 95?

Why oh why am I considering a $1000 dollar disc player? AK is fueling my downward spiral into audio madness. I appreciate the feedback Frank.
  9. A

Oppo bdp-93 or 95?

I'm sure I would be...I just wonder if I'd be in that weird psychosomatic state where I'd be questioning the quality because I didn't spend twice as much for crazy good sabre DACs.
  10. A

Oppo bdp-93 or 95?

Hello all, I'm trying to decide between these two players for stereo only audio playback. I understand the differences between the two in terms of DAC quality. The 93 did really well in the audioholics bench test, but not quite as good as the 95 (which was exemplary). I guess I'm wondering if...
  11. A

Sansui G-7700

Hello, I have a long standing interest in acquiring a Sansui receiver to see what all the fuss is about. A local fellow is selling his G-7700, and I'd like to know what you fine people think is a fair asking price?
  12. A

Universal player recommendations

Hello all, Aside from the Oppo 93 & 95, does anyone know of a reasonably (sub $500) DVD or blu-ray player than can play SACD, DVD-A and FLAC? I'd be willing to settle for SACD and FLAC if that was my only option as I'm not married to the idea of DVD-A compatibility.
  13. A

KEF Reference 104/2

Hmm..So what is that stuff in the middle surrounding the rod? Just KEF's interpretation of insulation? Excuse me if that's a dumb question.
  14. A

KEF Reference 104/2

I wonder of there is an AK'r out there that has a set that would be willing to give me some measurements? Bit of a long shot.......In addition, the pdf from KEF seems to show something way different than I'm seeing on feebay. ebay:
  15. A

KEF Reference 104/2

Well, I picked them up today. Problem is they are missing the doughnuts and pole in both speakers. Did I goof? They still sound quite good, at least they did when he demo'd them. Thoughts? I see the doughnuts on feebay..but not the pole.
  16. A

KEF Reference 104/2

Too funny. Unfortunately he's not selling the secret to Christian Bale's abs. I go to the gym 4x a week and do abs every morning..I look nothing like that :(. I'm guessing it's the beer.
  17. A

KEF Reference 104/2

Sorry...run away, or run to get them?
  18. A

KEF Reference 104/2

Update: He's asking $150.00.
  19. A

KEF Reference 104/2

Lesson learned. Thanks for the feedback. A question related to this though: In this particular listing, there is no price (which is really annoying). Am I not able to link to it if that's the case?
  20. A

KEF Reference 104/2

"Auction links: Any post that contains a link to any eBay, CraigsList, or Audiogon auction must go in D&S. Any time you post a link to an auction you must state: "Not mine.", or “I have no affiliation with this auction.” If it turns out that the auction is for an item that you/your...
  21. A

KEF Reference 104/2

That's some impressive knowledge. Highly appreciated.
  22. A

KEF Reference 104/2

I guess you can't tell from the pics if there is any rot. this guy posts on CL all the time, and usually over prices things by 30%. I wish he'd take some pictures that didn't look like they we're taken by a 0.3 megapixel camera in low light.
  23. A

KEF Reference 104/2

Local CL reseller (buys them off of others and flips them) has these listed. What's a fair price? *Not my listing, no affiliation, etcetera.... http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/eld/3033163957.html
  24. A

On Craigslist - Zombie Survival Vehicle !

That was entertaining!
  25. A

mitsubishi power amps

Any comments on the DA-A10's sound quality? Thanks to everyone for the input so far.
Back
Top Bottom