Search results

1. 49ers

Rek-O-Kut Turntables - ROK

L-34 Project Just got my Rek O Kut L-34, S-160, DL-103 project up and running. Thought I'd share a few pictures. (Current plinth is temporary) It sounds incredible. Couldn't have done it without the wisdom within this thread. Many thanks!
  2. 49ers

La Scala Problem, Advice?

I'll look into checking the voice coil. That screw won't budge unfortunately. Question: is it worth it now to spend a little more to get crites replacement woofers or just go after a replacement k33?
  3. 49ers

Here's some pictures of the other side. I just noticed one of the screws on the back of the magnet is barely fastened compared to the other one. Will try tightening it and testing.
  4. 49ers

So I popped out the problematic woofer and it doesn't look good. Take a look at these pics. Is it repairable or is a new k-33 the answer? Thanks
  5. 49ers

You're a good guy and you're NOT responsible, but I appreciate it, man. I'll look around, too.
  6. 49ers

I swapped crossovers and the woofer problem remains with the same speaker so I guess that isolates the problem. The guy on DIY said he's already sold the crites woofers. I guess I should look around for a replacement.
  7. 49ers

Thanks guys. Will pop these open this afternoon and swap woofers and see if the problem follows.
  8. 49ers

Yep, I picked them up in norcal via BT from an AKer up there. It's strange because one cabinet sounds perfect, but the other not so much. Wonder what's different structurally between the two... Thanks for the link.
  9. 49ers

Okay, will do. The woofer sounds real strange, like it's vibrating and not firmly seated. Could it be blown? Is there any downside to cracking open the bottom and taking a look? I believe it's sealed with some substance. Thanks.
  10. 49ers

I compared the sound of each respective horn vs the one in the other speaker and it seems like across the board one speaker is sounding worse. I checked the connections and it seemed to improve the midrange a bit, but not enough. The woofer in the speaker with the problems sounds pretty bad...
  11. 49ers

Thanks, guys. Yeah, it sounds like the drivers are all working, but not well. I'll double check the wiring/soldering. How complicated is a recap of these for a relative novice?
  12. 49ers

So I just picked up a pair of '78 La Scalas yesterday and upon setting them up noticed that one speaker sounds muffled and lifeless while the other one sounds rich and full. Anyone have any advice on troubleshooting this problem? Many thanks.
Back
Top Bottom