Search results

1. JohnInICT

Dummy load question

I'm planning on using this as a dummy load for a tube amp. See anything about it that screams no? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ARCOL-Ohmite/NHS100-8R0-1?qs=osVJq4lsVJcRNnbAFdVahA%3D%3D I've never tested a tube amp. Would I only need this if I was inputting a signal?
  2. JohnInICT

Nichicon PWS or QAP

Anyone use either of these series to replace old bumblebee caps? Thoughts on their performance?
  3. JohnInICT

Anyone use this cleaner?

I went to a RadioShack... One of the few left in existence... And the owner showed me this cleaner and lube... Said it was a cheaper alternative to Deoxit. I searched previous threads, but haven't seen it mentioned. Anyone ever use it or have any thoughts on it...
  4. JohnInICT

Bumblebee cap replacement

I'm going to replace the bumblebee and electrolytic caps in a pair of McIntosh MC-30's. I would like to try and keep as much of the original sound as possible and also not break the bank buying caps. What brands of caps have you used that worked well for bumblebee replacements? John
  5. JohnInICT

Anyone in Houston Area

Anyone in Houston Area that's been to The Studio at Warehouse Live? I'll be that way late July and am planning on attending a concert. I wanted to know the layout so I know which tickets to purchase. Are the VIP standing room really worth the extra cost? Thanks, John
  6. JohnInICT

Mac1900 On/Off volume pot

My Mac1900 has the usual volume pot issue. Is anyone still rebuilding these? There's a seller on that auction site who sells ones he says he designed. Anyone use one of those with any luck? Thanks, John
  7. JohnInICT

Help with Fisher 500c

I'm looking at a Fisher 500c with only one working output tubes . The receiver is in amazing condition cosmetically... looks well cared for. I was told it has been serviced before and has been in use. The tubes were said to have been damaged during transport. I do not have any tubes I can plug...
  8. JohnInICT

Anyone Going To The Wichita, KS Record Convention

Are any local Ak'ers headed to the record convention on the 18th? I was thinking a meet up afterwards may be fun. Get to meet other like-minded locals. Let me know what you think. - John
  9. JohnInICT

Denon Cart re-tipped with Victor Stylus?

There is a seller on that auction site selling a bunch of different Denon carts that have all been re-tipped with a Victor stylus. I have searched for anything relating to re-tipping with a Victor stylus and have found nothing. Does anyone know of these or tried one...
  10. JohnInICT

Moving Coil Switch...Maybe?

I've been thinking a lot about mc carts lately. I've never had any experience with them and the curiosity is getting the best of me. It would go on my Pioneer PL 50 http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-PL-50.html and run through a Carver C-1 into a Dynaco ST-70. I do not know much about he C1...
  11. JohnInICT

Help with Empire Cart

I picked up this cart and can find nothing about it. I find a small amount of information on the Empire MC1 which is said to be a high output MC. Anyone know if this MC1-E is in the same line (Logic would say yes, but I've learned that logic doesn't always apply in this hobby)? Is it MC? Looks...
  12. JohnInICT

Difference in Pioneer pinch rollers

I acquired a Pioneer RT909 that has no pinch rollers. I have never seen a 909 or its rollers, so I have no idea of their size. I would like to test the unit before dropping $100+ on new rollers and hopefully finding the cap, etc. I have an extra RT 707 I could rob temporarily to test with. I was...
  13. JohnInICT

ST 70 Mod Help Needed

I have a Dynaco ST70 that I'm finally getting around to playing with. It has been upgraded by the previous owner and has Purist Audio Design PAD 70 board and a separate PAD OpAmp buffer board. The bias pots have been removed, the inputs have been moved to where the left/right preamp power ports...
  14. JohnInICT

Stromberg Carlson ASR 433 & SR 455

This is my first experience with tube gear. These are recent console pull and are in great shape cosmetically. I am running it through my Klipsch LaScalas and it sounds great. I also have the FM multiplex, but get a hum from it. I have never worked on tube gear, but I know there are some...
  15. JohnInICT

JBL Impedance info please

I picked up a set of Lancer 99s. I treated the lansaloy surrounds on the LE 14a's with Brake fluid and they softened up nicely. The speakers sound really good and the grills are nice, but the cabs are a bit rough. I don't know if they are worth putting the funds into redoing the cabs, so I...
  16. JohnInICT

Need some help with a rarity

I have a Sanyo Plus 130 that had a blown left channel. The pre amp functions all still worked when I plugged the pre outs into another amp. I replaced almost every piece on the board and all 4 outputs. I plug it into the DBT with no outputs connected and everything is fine. Once I plug in the...
  17. JohnInICT

Transistor/Diode sub help

I am working on a Sanyo Plus 130. The left amp board...well, it's been through a lot. Several burn marks, some traces are needing repaired, etc. There are several blown resistors, transistors and diodes. I am compiling a list of replacements just to rebuild both boards completely. The Right...
  18. JohnInICT

La Scalas in the house!

I need to know when to say no! What number of speakers constitutes too many? Anyway, I apologize in advance to La Scala fans, but they are IMHO..the ugliest speakers made...but they sound FANTASTIC! Cabinets need a little work, but that's not a huge problem and I got a great deal on them...
  19. JohnInICT

Warpage..not good

There are several ways to work on warped records, but has anyone ever tried taking a warp out of a dust cover? I originally thought it was a hinge adjustment, but when I took the cover off and placed it on a flat surface...it's warped causing the right/front corner to sit high and off the table...
  20. JohnInICT

Speaker ID help please

A buddy of mine text me these pics and asked if I could research and find out what it was. He went by an estate sale on his way out of town. He is curious what it is and wondering if he should call them and have them hold it for him until he's back. I have looked all over the web and haven't...
  21. JohnInICT

Sansui QRX 6500

Picked up a very clean QRX 6500. Everything works great except for the 4 on the 2/4 lights. 2 works..4 is blank. Any ideas on what to look for to correct this? Thanks, John
  22. JohnInICT

JBL C38 crossover cap help

I have a newly acquired set of C38's. I want to recap the N2600 crossovers. They have the D123 12" woofers and 075 bullet tweets. I will want to upgrade to the D130's at some point..maybe. Any one have some suggestions on really good caps for crossovers? Any tips, tricks, etc.? Also, They...
  23. JohnInICT

Speaker cable capacitance?

Is the capacitance of speaker cable/wire as important as say for turntable interconnects?
  24. JohnInICT

Magnetic leveling feet

I'm thinking about using some Maglev feet like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/121188715625?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 on my Pioneer PL 50 turntable (newer one) like this one http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-PL-50.html because it is missing one of the...
  25. JohnInICT

Pioneer PL 50 New version

Have any info on on the new version of the Pioneer PL 50. Is it an exclusive? Any good?
Back
Top Bottom