Search results

1. Broesel02

KA-801 having a slow relay kick-in time.

The 4 Caps for the protection are inthe middle of the big Caps. See the attached file
  2. Broesel02

Best Kenwood integrated amplifier KA- series ?

My Favorite is the KA 907 followed by the KA 601. However, in Germany the KA 907 is a little bit overhyped. You have to pay mostly more than 1000€ and you always have to make a big revision to get all of the benefits from the KA 907 The KA 601 is much cheaper and the revision is easier...
  3. Broesel02

Kenwood L-07C restoration

The L-07C could have a problem with the PCB and the soldering as shown in the service bulletin: if you have some of these bad solderings on the board you have a lot of work to resolder them. For me these faults are unpredictable and the reason not to do any work on the Kenwood L-07 C. I have...
  4. Broesel02

Kenwood L-07M II Issues

as you see i need only 4 glimmer capacitors for the driver board. The Murata caps are not the solution for the best sound
  5. Broesel02

Kenwood KA-801 30V reading Preamp Offset - Offset is unadjustable

The Phono PCB has three ground connections. One came with the unregulatet Voltage line up to the PCB to PIN 5. On the other side is is on the main PCB connectet to PIN 10. The second ground connection is the comes out with the ground point at PIN 13 at the Phono PCB. The other side of this cable...
  6. Broesel02

Kenwood L-07M Listening Impressions...

The Transistors for the last stage are the same, but there are many differences between thes amps. The Rotel is a stereo Amp, Kenwood are Mono Amps The Rotel has 120W/8Ohm. The Kenwoo 150W/8Ohm ore more The Rotel has a frequence response from 4 to 100khz. The Kenwood has DC up to 600kHz and many...
  7. Broesel02

Kenwood KA-801 30V reading Preamp Offset - Offset is unadjustable

A Lot of questions. Both actuators in down position Offset: rjsalvi had given some hints. Check the Power Regulator for the phone stage. Does it deliver +/- 30V to the right position?
  8. Broesel02

Kenwood L-07M mk2 restoration

Do never use ceramics in these amps. Use Mice silver glimmer up to 33pf, from 33pf upt to one uF use wima PP RM5 caps or similar. and so much mores . . . Richard
  9. Broesel02

Kenwood KA-801 owners, need assistance on finding solder point of chassis cap.

Your conclusion is right. At My Pictures of this Board from the KA 801 the little Cap is on the same position soldered Richard
  10. Broesel02

Kenwood C1 M1 Kits Sold by DRM Audio

Everything I've bought from DRM Dan Mattis has been great quality and has worked flawlessly. Absolutely to recommend Richard
  11. Broesel02

Thoughts on these mods made to KA-801 circuit?

Of course. I worote it down in this Thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-ka-405-restoration.837946/ Richard
  12. Broesel02

What is the benefit of a great mod like the one i have done here with the KA-801? A little bit history: I have rebuilded a lot of Kenwood High Speed Amps, KA 501, 601, 701, 801, 907. And the KA 801 has a lot of power but the sound is rough. Not much fine Dynamics, the stage is not very deep...
  13. Broesel02

I still have only this corrected schematic: But this is only the half way. The amplifier has no current source! That not the best way for a good amplifier! We have to give current sources to all stages for best sound. The first stage can be made wit a LM334 and a R-Set of 33Ohm (U = 5,11V, R...
  14. Broesel02

KA-801 Ka-701...... etc power switch

The switch at EBay is not realy the same switch as used in the Kenwood KA 501 up to 801. But you can use it. you have to bend it a little bit and make a new whole for the screw. After doing so it works fine. I often use this Power switch in the Kenwood High- speed amplifiers
  15. Broesel02

Needing a volume pot for a Kenwood Ka-907

I think the best way will be to remove the poti from the amp. Than you can make a serious inspection. When you have done so we can see what you need and where i can help you. Richard
  16. Broesel02

Needing a volume pot for a Kenwood Ka-907

it is a logarithmic as we in germany call "Leitplastik" potentiometer. The green Alps one. 2 X 3kOhm and 2 X 56kOhm. i have one here, also with a crash . If you can build an new one from the parts of the two brocken one´s i will send the potentiometer to you. But i dont know what the the...
  17. Broesel02

Kenwood L-07M Restoration (1)

Very fine Work. Gratulation! I use other Caps for the rectifier Board - and other Diodes for the trimmers for offset and bias i use spindetrimmer, it is easier to adjust them I wish great sound for you with your new Amps! Richard
  18. Broesel02

Kenwood M1 vs M1A

The Kenwood M1A has the the same power amplifier with the Kenwood 880SD. Hybrid Current amplification. It is just not sounding as good as the Basic M1. BTW, the M1 has same Power amplifier as the Kewood KA X7
  19. Broesel02

Kenwood M1 vs M1A

The Kenwood Basic M1 is a discrete build Power amp with the Kenwood DLD Technology and Sigma Drive. In my Opinion it is the best sounding Amp of the whole Basic Series. You can push it up with some pimps inside, like current source Mods and other stuff.
  20. Broesel02

Hello Rick, If you do nothing the input resitance L-07 C & C II is 620 Ohm. For example the...

Hello Rick, If you do nothing the input resitance L-07 C & C II is 620 Ohm. For example the Denon 110 or 301 needs in my opinion about 330 Ohm. So you could use an Y Adapter and a shunt Resistor with 320 Ohm or change the resistor Rd3 to 330 Ohm
  21. Broesel02

Kenwood L-07cii preamp capacitor substitute question

I always take one wima 10uF/50V on the upper side of the pcb and an wima 4,7uF750V on the opposite side of the pcb. Souds well, work fine. The Cd26 is very important for good sound. At that postion you should use an audiophile cap like Nichcon Muse or special Elna types or similar. At the...
  22. Broesel02

Considering a New Project with Kenwood KA-907. Need advice.

If you remove the back feet, any audiophile Power connection would fit. Without this foot there is enough space for any Plugs. If necessary, you could mount it back every time. Just two screws. Many parts inside the KA 907 are much more important for good Sound than the Power connection. So...
  23. Broesel02

Considering a New Project with Kenwood KA-907. Need advice.

When I make a revision of a Kenwood KA 907, i always bring an IEC socket in. The Problem is: There is not much free space behind the back. The place to put the IEC Socket in is very very small. If you use the position, i have found for the IEC socket you cannot use big IEC Plugs. There will be...
  24. Broesel02

L7Mii worth restoring?

With the original "Black- flags", some special Polyester Caps, the Voltage amplification is very often oscillating. Than the amp gets very warm and the unobtainable Current Transistors- 2SC2337A & 2SA1007A will die. So replace all of these caps up to 33pF with Silver Mica , from 33pF up to 1 uF...
  25. Broesel02

The KA-9100 restoration.

When i made my KA 9100 i did not spend new colour neither Kenwood signets. But i spend a current source for the voltage amplifying of the power amp. http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-185-18074.html the amp is not the very easy in servicing. Never the less it is worth to bring it up to daten...
Back
Top Bottom