Search results

1. c-atle-79bay

RIP Stuart Chapman Jones

Sad news for the audio world. It’s not very recent but could not find mention on search. Stuart was always very helpful to talk about his older model speakers, all I can afford :), I bugged him a number of times and he still even called me back. His speakers could do so much with a 10”...
  2. c-atle-79bay

HH Scott Owners Thread

Will need to slide out of the wood case to see. Funny but contemplating taking this over main system as I can never likely find this again. And they are knockout tuners.
  3. c-atle-79bay

HH Scott Owners Thread

Hi wondering if a 388b could be converted to 240v? Moving to a 240v country
  4. c-atle-79bay

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

no idea of the value, but they are stuck in the antiques category :) Acoustic Research TSW910 Speakers ($400 For The Pair) *NEEDS REFOAMING. https://bellingham.craigslist.org/atq/d/bellingham-antiques-available-at-1806/7622741470.html
  5. c-atle-79bay

3 minute rule

I always thought it was just bouncing but now not so sure. I feel like it’s left side front to back streaming Spotify will do cd but expect the same results
  6. c-atle-79bay

3 minute rule

This is in reference to the beastie boys song from Paul’s boutique. Should the ping pong ball sound at the beginning be forward or in the background? I’ve always listened for it and kinda expected it to be a foreground sound that exposes details. With my newest speakers, jamo d830/concert 8...
  7. c-atle-79bay

IMF owners thread!

I’ve had both. Still have the super compacts. But the cm3 was strong in detail and imaging the super compact is more musical. The cm3 also had an authority to it, hard to describe but it grabbed my attention. They were trashed speakers so that was a big part of the selling, that and...
  8. c-atle-79bay

Custom Speaker Boxes Harman Kardon Model Forty

The forty’s are a local offer up if your interested I can point you in that direction
  9. c-atle-79bay

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/d/everett-huge-deal-on-pair-of-custom/7615217402.html I really wish these would work with my space but the bass would just not cut it! Ma
  10. c-atle-79bay

Anybody know anything about Sony U60 Monitors?

I love it when I find threads asking questions I’ve completely forgotten about. Now it’s a se of u65’s for cheap. Lol
  11. c-atle-79bay

What's your latest audio purchase?

Grabbed a Spotify car thing. Kinda useless for me, but kinda cool.
  12. c-atle-79bay

Beogram 1600 Cueing

Bump any thought on how the 1600’s speed control worked?
  13. c-atle-79bay

"Grunge is Why Rock 'N' Roll Music is on Life Support, if not Dead."...hmmm

As I listen to a David Bowie cover from 1995 by Zen Guerrilla a thought occurs to me, perhaps gene meant to say performance rock & roll or gram rock. The rock and roll of the 90’s was not that glamorous to be sure. Imagine Steve Albini doing glam!
  14. c-atle-79bay

"Grunge is Why Rock 'N' Roll Music is on Life Support, if not Dead."...hmmm

I’m struggling to think of any kiss song beside, I wanna rock n roll all night. Although did see some kiss graffiti this morning. Go figure.
  15. c-atle-79bay

Transmission Electronics, Pre IMF Transmission Line?

Found these on a popular auction site. They remind me of the imf tea-40.
  16. c-atle-79bay

Opinions on 2way Monitors

I know old thread but these speakers are great and weird. They play the bass from Metallica god they failed with absolute authority but what they don’t do is add bass that’s not there. Hard to explain. One other thing about them is the depth of sound stage. Wake up by mad season the...
  17. c-atle-79bay

Jamo Concert V crossover

Which tweeter is it? I just got concert 8/d830 and wonder if it’s the same.
  18. c-atle-79bay

MR7084 or C15 glass replacement

Does anyone have experience button removal for glass repair please? I have no familiarity with removing them.
  19. c-atle-79bay

ESS Heil Tweeters on Sale

Checking out esslabs today and they now have a special with a mystery box!
  20. c-atle-79bay

Seattle Sound speakers?

I ended up finding my own Das5 speakers, like you said here dead ringers, https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/speakerlab-das-5.1024002/, does your cabinet have a baffle, not sure what else to call it, behind the mid range? And no way this crossover is on a PCB, rather, masonite.
  21. c-atle-79bay

Speakerlab DAS 5

Just got these das5 speakers had some Das 7 but they were too heavy for me to deal with so I was glad to find these. They have a unit finish I’ve seen on a few Das models now. It’s almost like a shrink wrap the Das 7 had them I’ve seen a few other examples of this with speakerlab for sale...
  22. c-atle-79bay

LOL, that was the plan. Sigh.
  23. c-atle-79bay

Wondering what the process is for button removal for a c15 or mr7084 or similar with the little buttons to replace the glass. Side question are c15 end rials a good substitute for the mr7084 end rails??
  24. c-atle-79bay

IMF owners thread!

LOL, it took me forever to even sell them at that price in the first place. Seattle is a weird market, lots of score shoppers.
Back
Top Bottom