Search results

1. SimplySound

SACD vs. XRCD

Bill Evans 'Everybody Digs' was released in 1997. Not sure it was the earliest, but I'll update this as I go through my XRCD's.
  2. SimplySound

Jazz Reissues: Keeping up with the Labels

Did a quick look on Discogs and there are some really interesting releases out of Proper Records! https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=Properbox&type=all&genre_exact=Jazz
  3. SimplySound

Stumbled on to UK based Proper Records with a 'Properbox' release of Kenny Clarke. Not sure of what other releases there are, but gonna put them in the mix! http://www.proper-records.co.uk/about/
  4. SimplySound

SACD vs. XRCD

Uhmmm, I just stumbled on a JVC XRCD of Colman Hawkins 'Good Old Broadway' that appears to have been issued in 1974 on Fantasy Records? It appears to have been re-issued in 2000 on XRCD. So, does anyone know what some of the earliest XRCD releases were? A quick search says 'XRCD was first...
  5. SimplySound

Savoy Jazz is part of Concord/Craft Records. What caught my eye is the technology used for a 1998 reissue of Cannonball Adderly's 'Presenting Cannonball'. I hadn't heard of the MasterSonic transfer process from Denon, but maybe that has been a thing for a while...
  6. SimplySound

Where do you obtain/procure your Digital Content? And why?

As a bit of a sidejack, anyone do any 'selling' on Discogs? What's your experience and what advise would you have?
  7. SimplySound

Bump... a lot of people streaming, but still many that pursue new/used physical content... Interesting! And only 41 people that utilize digital content? :idea:
  8. SimplySound

Jazz News & Reviews - Read all about it!

This is the place for any and all articles about JAZZ! Let's get it started with Mosaic Records Jazz Gazette for March 2024! https://www.mosaicrecords.com/jazz-gazette-news/
  9. SimplySound

KEF 104.2 will recapping solve my issue

Might want to edit your title from 'KEK' to KEF. As old as the KEF 104.2 is, a recap might be in order after checking the resistence of the drivers to make sure they are in spec.
  10. SimplySound

:rflmao:

:rflmao:
  11. SimplySound

LOL... yeah, but I can't fit one more character so 'Fondry' it is! :thumbsup:

LOL... yeah, but I can't fit one more character so 'Fondry' it is! :thumbsup:
  12. SimplySound

Yeah, I was expecting a bigger contingent associated with streaming. Shows that folks still like to have the actual file/physical media. I'm definitely in that camp! :thumbsup: I'm surprised that there aren't more people interested in digital media (37 people voted?) or maybe they haven't...
  13. SimplySound

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Way to go James, sounds like you have taken a great step forward with your rig, and that is always an exciting thing! Congrats! :thumbsup:
  14. SimplySound

Which “inexpensive” speakers were you blown away by?

Gotta love KEF's and the R103.2 is an awesome speaker that gets over shadowed by the R101. Any love for the KLH Model 32?
  15. SimplySound

Pirate Radio perhaps? Or the underground!
  16. SimplySound

And if there are any admins floating around here, it says you can edit a poll, but you can't change any of the text in it. Man it's tough around here! :(
  17. SimplySound

You guys are a pain in the ass! :confused: OK, you get to select 3 options, but no more than that! :p
  18. SimplySound

Dunlavy Audio Labs Archive - From the mind of a "Legend"!

Yeah, those are beautiful and I'm sure sound just as nice! Great setup there! Look like they have just the right amount of separation and rear wall clearence! :thumbsup: I wish I had the room to get a little more separation for my SC-IV's, but we have what we have! And that goes back to...
  19. SimplySound

JVC (Victor) K2 Interface Technology - A blast from the past?

Wow, thanks again Bodhi! I had never heard of Audia, but I've got it on the radar now! :thumbsup:
  20. SimplySound

Yep, I do pay one way or another (hosting fees included), but in general I don't send all my money to BMG. And no, I don't do Torrents because I don't feel comfortable with the provenance of the content. Bugs abound! And like I said, sometimes I like to give it direct to the Label or Artist...
  21. SimplySound

You think? I don't want this to get too deep with the poll. That's why I phrased it as 'your primary' means of getting content. Feel free to elaborate as I did in my case.
  22. SimplySound

I guess I'll start this off with; yes I do favor the 'underground'! I belong to a 'Club' whos membership fee helps support their file hosting. Since I don't want to endanger the reputable aspect of Audiokarma by promoting any type of illicit activity (and please take the hint folks), the club...
  23. SimplySound

So, here we are in 2024, and the times may or may not be a changing! Some make a point that streaming is replacing physical digital content (CD's, SACD's, HDCD's, DxD's), but they are still being produced! As we noted in the thread 'CD Manufacturing Technology - Current State of the Art or...
  24. SimplySound

JVC (Victor) K2 Interface Technology - A blast from the past?

Oh, I'm sure it is @Bodhi1 , that looks like a beautiful player. A bit out of my financial realm, but I'm sure it sounds delightful! :thumbsup:
Back
Top Bottom