Search results

1. jose7740

Found Sansui D-990r dbx cassette deck

The only places that I know for manuals are Hifi engine and EBay, or go to Google and type Sansui D990Rdbx and see what info you can find:music:
  2. jose7740

Found Sansui D-990r dbx cassette deck

I have the same deck bought in Germany and is a dual voltage model, in the back of it there should be the label with the voltage listed in addition to the Orange label with the voltage set at the factory, mine has an orange label showing 220 only but the other label it shows 120-220 volts. My...
  3. jose7740

Kung Fu movies

Right now I am watching a movie called "Kung Fu Arts" on DVD and is something else, the plot is about an emperors daughter becoming sick and the emperor proclaiming that anybody that saves his daughter can marry her, so a monkey saves her and they marry. It is outrageous but funny at the same time:D
  4. jose7740

What is the worst food you ever tasted?

All these foods mentioned here are no match for Andrew Zimmern of the Travel channel "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" That guy eats anything in front of him, myself if I see food that looks strange I will not touch it. I am happy with rice and beans and Korean ramyon.
  5. jose7740

Kung Fu movies

I have to go to a friends house for thanksgiving but will record them to watch during the week, I do the same every Thursday, record and watch later.:thmbsp:
  6. jose7740

Kung Fu movies

Thanksgiving day there is a Kung Fu marathon on El Rey network, don't miss it or just record it to watch later:yes:
  7. jose7740

Kung Fu movies

I like the non stop action but mostly I have fun with the translation from Chinese to English, also when the fighters die they have instant death:D
  8. jose7740

Kung Fu movies

Has anybody been watching Kung Fu movies on El Rey network? They show them on Thursday's and I watch them all, do you?:smoke:
  9. jose7740

Forgetten Female Vocalists

Just listen to satellite radio and you can hear all those artists over and over:music:
  10. jose7740

Happy Birthday to the CD player.

I bought the first Technics CD player (SL-P10) when it came out and still have it even thou is not working, I will never sell it, going to find somebody that can fix it.:tears:
  11. jose7740

Sign of the decline of CDs

I have been buying cd's since they came out now " thank's heaven for satellite radio" do not have to buy, download anything( must admit, never done that) just pay $11 monthly and listen at home, garage and the cars and have a good variety of music, cd's are a pain when traveling trying to open...
  12. jose7740

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

That looks like paradise to me:yes:
  13. jose7740

Another Goodwill find

Just found this Nakamichi deck for $9.00 and it looks very good, did a little cleaning, painted the case, it plays nice. I don't know anything about the brand and values but I like the way it sounds. Pardon the kitchen rag, it is dirty and the photography sucks, I need a better camera:music:
  14. jose7740

Now that's the build quality I'm talking about

Now that Yamaha in silver finish just needs a wood cabinet:scratch2:
  15. jose7740

Wheeler Dealers

I love that show, is the only one I watch of all of that kind, the other shows are like a soap opera, there is too much profanity and most of the time is spent arguing and bitching but Wheeler Dealers is like a family program and I have never heard profanity, also I like the cars they restore:yes:
  16. jose7740

what if you system was destroyed in a fire or was stolen

I would have no reason for living, I"ll just die( more seriously I would not buy anything since I am kind of old and need to start selling what I have before I am gone:tears:
  17. jose7740

Best T.V. Shows of all time

The one I never get tired of watching is " The Flintstones "
  18. jose7740

Favorite Joni Mitchell song...

I have to say that I have only heard one song from her " Help Me " and that is the one I like, I am going to listen to some other one's to see if they as good as my prefered one:scratch2:
  19. jose7740

I know that this is only an ad and it does not have real people, it may seem trivial but to me the lady could be Nancy Reagan because according to their biographies, Jane Wyman divorced Ronald Reagan in 1948 and married Nancy in 1952 and this ad is from 1954. I don't want this to be a...
  20. jose7740

In that ad, the man resembles President Reagan and wife Nancy Reagan.
  21. jose7740

Favorite Joni Mitchell song...

That's the one I give the nod, the one that take me back to that era:music:
  22. jose7740

Are cassettes like a drug?

I started buying cassettes from Columbia House in the early seventies and have always liked them, still have some of those in my cassette case, when it comes to blank tapes, I like the Teac cassettes that look like a reel to reel and they look very cool when played on a smooth running player:D
  23. jose7740

Old western reruns on tv

That's what I wanted to know, thank's:yes:
  24. jose7740

Old western reruns on tv

I knew the Cisco Kid was a weekly tv program because I used to watch it but I wanted to know if Hopalong Cassidy was, maybe not because he was on movies in the thirties and forties so I think he was not on a tv weekly:boring:
  25. jose7740

Old western reruns on tv

I don't know if Hopalong Cassidy was ever on a tv series but I remember my father bringing home 8mm movies in the early fifties and most were Hopalong Cassidy movies and I think he was the first cowboy I ever saw, soon after that I was watching The Cisco Kid, Roy Rogers and The Lone Ranger on...
Back
Top Bottom