Search results

1. tentoze

tentoze 2018 Favorite Releases

Well...ahem...haven't posted one of these here in 7 or 8 (or some other number of) years. 2018 music release favorites- here's a handful, in a generally appropriate order of value: John Prine, The Tree Of Forgiveness Alejandro Escovedo, The Crossing Eliza Gilkyson, Secularia Nathaniel...
  2. tentoze

Big Ups to embrown057!

A few months ago, I recovered a Denon POA 2400A power amp from an ex-wife that she had managed to render inoperable a few years ago. I brought it back to Jax, hoping it would be something simple, obvious, and inexpensive to cure. Well, that didn't happen. Fortunately, I was put in contact with...
  3. tentoze

Sad

What a long way, and different sense that this forum could not mention the birthday of an American Master. Keep your innumerable Pink Floyd threads and Acid Polka playlist threads. Today is Guy Clark's 70th birthday and shame the **** on nobody even mentioning it here. Go look for some no...
  4. tentoze

A friend of AK, and of mine, is gone

I logged on here to comment on what I was sure would be an already existing thread about this. finding none, I'll do it myself. I've been away from a computer for a couple days, but Rich sent me a message on Facebook this morning, and Alan sent me an email a while ago. One of the old-time...
  5. tentoze

A Thank You

The UPS guy surprised me with an unexpected package delivery this afternoon, and said package turned out to be a fine bottle of single malt, accompanied by a fine bottle of my favorite bourbon. I want to say thank you, sincerely, to those responsible for this unanticipated act of kindness. The...
  6. tentoze

Rod & The Faces

Watching some sort of random old live footage of various bands on Palladium (I think that's the name of the channel). Stewart & the Faces from probably '71 or so doing Stay With Me, I'm Losing You, and encore medley of early rock n' roll songs that basically served as a vehicle to let the band...
  7. tentoze

My Experience With A Wireless iPod Transmitter

One of the very few things that disappointed me with the Ford Sport Trac I bought last week was the realization that there was no aux input for hooking my iPod into the radio/cd changer. I've gotten really accustomed to the convenience of the iPod on the go, and really didn't want to give it...
  8. tentoze

New Wheels

Or, at least new to me...just drove it back, and I LOVE it.
  9. tentoze

DEAD: Henry Gibson

You bet your bippy. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i5aff5594745c85c6e26fabf943019677
  10. tentoze

Lucas Electrical Systems

A guy was at a classic car show when he approached an old man with an MGB, and strangely enough, a vacuum cleaner sitting next to it. The guy approached the old man and asked "What's up with that?" The old man replied "This? Not many people know this, but Lucas didn't only make electrical parts...
  11. tentoze

Woo Hoo!

New music in the mail today I've been waiting on- Subdudes~ Flower Petals!
  12. tentoze

Thank you

O, Jameson's, thank you for being here tonight, my friend.
  13. tentoze

I want one.

Now. http://www.foodgeekery.com/reviews/double-down-with-kfc/
  14. tentoze

Got to love new music from the Monday mailman

Got my copy of Joe Henry's brilliant new album Blood From Stars, complete with an initialed back cover of the cd insert (see pic). Been really enjoying a d/l copy, can't wait to light up the real cd on the main system. This has #1 release for 2009 all over it. Also got the new Bottle...
  15. tentoze

New albums this month

Can't Wait- new albums coming from 2 of my favorite groups, Bottle Rockets and Subdudes. Cool.
  16. tentoze

Dead: Willy DeVille

Damn shame. From Villagevoice.com: Punk rock soul man Willy DeVille has died of pancreatic cancer in New York at the age of 59. Though his band Mink DevIlle was more bluesy, swinging and sometimes Springsteenesque than most of the groups that congregated at CBGB back in the glory days, he...
  17. tentoze

For the (maybe) 1 or 2 other Tom Rapp fans here...

Finally, Rapp's last 2 albums before his 25 year hiatus have been released on ceedee- 1972's Stardancer and 1973's Sunforest. I have both these on vinyl, but my twins like them so much, I haven't seen either in several years. Color me very, very happy.
  18. tentoze

Best neighbors ever.

My neighbor, the retired Baptist minister, apparently went fishing again yesterday, because his wife brought me a mess of fresh catfish and croaker last night. I know what I'm eating for supper.
  19. tentoze

Heads up, Twangers!!!

Just found out about this elsewhere: Loudon Wainwright III Revisits The Life, Times, and Recorded Legacy Of Legendary Singer and Banjo Picker Charlie Poole (1892-1931) Release date: August 18, 2009 See here for more info and samples: http://www.thecharliepooleproject.com/home.html
  20. tentoze

Breakfast burrito

with egg, ham, green onion, and salsa. Yum.
  21. tentoze

DEAD: Gordon Waller (Peter & Gordon)

We are deeply saddened to report that some time after 8:00 p.m. last night east coast time, Gordon Waller went into cardiac arrest and was taken to the emergency room. Despite intensive efforts on his behalf by hospital personnel, Gordon passed away early this morning. Please keep him in your...
  22. tentoze

"The Nimitz" in its new berth (longish)

Quick back-story here: Back in the Stone Age when I was still married, from '89- '97 or so, we had an elderly neighbor that we tried to help out as much as possible. Wilba and her husband had built their house, and after retiring from the police force in '74, her husband promptly died of a...
  23. tentoze

Here's a nice little runabout....

http://jalopnik.com/5302246/awesome-defined-the-10%20liter-radial%20engined-goggomobil
  24. tentoze

Bubbacue

Doing a q for about 30 people tomorrow. I've got 3 boston butt pork roasts (destined to become pulled pork) and a beef brisket on my smoker right now, and about 28 lbs of ribs prepped to cook off tomorrow at the gathering. Just the smell walking out the back door right now is enough to make you...
  25. tentoze

Damn Damn Damn- R.I.P., Sunlight

The world is minus one more wild-eyed, crazy human today. This saddens me greatly. R.I.P. Sky Saxon By Joe Gross | Thursday, June 25, 2009, 10:18 AM Sky Saxon, founder of the brilliant ’60s garage band the Seeds, died Thursday morning at St. David’s Hospital. The newly minted...
Back
Top Bottom