Search results

1. Yamaha~Josh

Dual woofers VS a single Woofer...?

can you site what is misinformative? Thanx I'll see if I can download it in pdf
  2. Yamaha~Josh

Are those panel speakers open baffles?
  3. Yamaha~Josh

Honestly they're not that hard to build, just follow the simple wiring schematics of each crossover type and you should be fine. Here's a crossover calculator for you to play with: www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Calculator/SpeakerCrossover/ Linkwitz Riley is said to be the best type of crossover...
  4. Yamaha~Josh

Hmm, yeah I don't think dual 8" woofers can compete well with a single 12". A set of 10"ers maybe but 8"ers are just too small. As for your tweeters, yup, horns are more dynamic so I bet that's where most of the difference is found in their better performance. So I ran some frequency sweeping...
  5. Yamaha~Josh

I don't get how the single Woofer speaker sounds best. What's the XO points of the two separate speakers and size of the woofers. Are the mids and tweets the same between them? if not that would account for the better sound you hear in one over the other. a difference in crossover design will...
  6. Yamaha~Josh

Wiring three drivers in series-parallel gives you all the benefits of running multiple drivers and keeping the impedance the same(8Ohms).I wouldn't want to mix and match the wiring though, as that would be pointless and give a non uniform sound and electrical operation.
  7. Yamaha~Josh

Ah so cool! So you mean Fs gets lowered by half with 2 drivers and fractioned with 4?? I didn't know you could do that! The woofers I'll be using have an Fs of 28.6Hz so if I use 3 I can get a flat non distorted frequency response all the way down to 9.5Hz! No it's 100w for one speaker and 50w...
  8. Yamaha~Josh

Parts express.com and other online stores sell drivers way bigger than 15". And as for finding speakers so big? You simply build them yourself. It is true there is no replacement for displacement. I also don't understand why ppl are so afraid of using bigger speakers, surely you have a dedicated...
  9. Yamaha~Josh

So then 4 woofers would reduce free air resonance by 75%?! is this only with the isobaric configuration or? Seems the more drivers you add the more SPL you get, +3dB with 2 woofers. So two more would be +6dB. But other than volume the bass should have a bigger stronger feel to it with more...
  10. Yamaha~Josh

Oh I think I've read about that dual driver out-of-phase noise cancellation technique. I wonder if a box like that sounds significantly much better than a precision hifi Woofer with low Qts. I'll do some more research on it, thanks
  11. Yamaha~Josh

Gear rack/stands

Shoot, I use a dresser as a stand. Currently my new system is on the floor in another room for testing. I'm in the process of going open baffle with some Betsys.
  12. Yamaha~Josh

I don't mind the extra large cabinet. What are the benefits of that push pull design?
  13. Yamaha~Josh

Yes guys I mean 2 hifi woofers per cabinet not 2 standard subwoofers. Pork', that's exactly what I mean I want sound that will fill a room up and engulf me in deep tight balanced powerful bass that doesn't distort. My XO point will be 45Hz, I don't like high XOs on woofers. I'm guessing 2...
  14. Yamaha~Josh

Hi, has anyone done a side by side comparison of a dual Woofer speaker vs a single Woofer one using the same equipment and size woofers? I'm considering using two 18"ers or would that be overkill? what does dual woofers even sound like compared to one? Does bass ever get overwhelming with two...
  15. Yamaha~Josh

Sealant Question

Honestly, I highly doubt that silicone vapor would have any deteriorating effect on surrounds plus once the silicone is fully dry there should be no more vapor.
  16. Yamaha~Josh

New Amp

Nice amp. What are the input tuned?
  17. Yamaha~Josh

Sealant Question

Just reseal them with silicone caulk.
  18. Yamaha~Josh

Transformer only amplifier w/ high efficiency speakers?

I see. Yea that makes alot of sence then. You have to inject raw power into the chain at some point to embolden and strengthen the signal.
  19. Yamaha~Josh

Thank you Mike. I like the fact that it has High 2ndTHD and low odd. Most ss gear with low 2nd is what makes em sound etchy and cold IME. Hopefully I can build this thing sometime soon.
  20. Yamaha~Josh

Oooh, thank you that would be nice, I'd like to try that. What would the harmonic distortion look like on that and could I also add a signal transformer isolator to the output?
  21. Yamaha~Josh

I think he duplicated this circuit: And yes I figured I had something wrong with that chain. I'm missing a buffer stage.. I think Ill just build the transistor/transformer amp then. Looks easy enough to build.
  22. Yamaha~Josh

Yea... I am using some good headphones that are pretty revealing, ATH-AD700x. But I campaird the sound to his other video where he ran the same circuit without the transformer but with another transister in its place. The signal transformer coupled circuit sounded better to me. Here is the link...
  23. Yamaha~Josh

Hi there, I've been doing a ton of research on simple amp topologies and I saw a guy on Youtube build a transistor circuit that was coupled with a signal transformer on the output... It sounded so beautiful and clean. I was wondering if you could just use a step up transformer in series with a...
  24. Yamaha~Josh

Hi there, I saw your thread on the Fisher speaker repair. I just bought some XP9bs and want to...

Hi there, I saw your thread on the Fisher speaker repair. I just bought some XP9bs and want to do some repairs myself. I was wondering how you went about opening the speakers, they're sealed shut!...?
  25. Yamaha~Josh

How Do I Get The Rear off of These Fisher Speakers!!

I see.. I guess I'll just take 'em to a shop then cause I don't wanna ruin the speakers.
Back
Top Bottom