Search results

1. cablephil212

High pass/Low Pass

Try this link: http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Tables/Crossover/1stOrderButterworth/ Plenty of good info on the site. Just go to the home page.
  2. cablephil212

Wharfedale 0316H tweeter - anyone upgrade this?

I would say that if the tweeter is 6+ ohms, they are probably (nominal) 8 ohm tweeters. The easiest way to figure out a replacement would be to post a pic of the x-over. From there, I or someone could calculate the x-over frequency. That should narrow the search for a replacement.
  3. cablephil212

sticky vinyl wrap cabnets

After picking up my last set of EPI 100's, I couldn't believe how vinyl could become so sticky. I thought it was cig smoke. It wasn't. :scratch2: I cleaned them with an Orange Citrus cleaner (full strength) from HomeDepot. Simple Green (also had some) didn't do such a good job. The next...
  4. cablephil212

Passive radiator tuned vibration

Then I'm at a loss. If the surround is separated from the basket, the glue failed. It needs to re-glued. Some pics would help greatly. I can only suggest a repair from your description.
  5. cablephil212

Passive radiator tuned vibration

You just answered your own question. :scratch2: The surround is coming off the basket, and that part of the surround needs to be glued down. :yes: Go get some Aleen's tacky glue, and fix the surround the right way. Stuffing a block or toy ain't the correct fix. :D
  6. cablephil212

Need Help with EV Interface 3

Try 2 tee-spoons (1 on each side with cardboard under them), pushing equally. If you're really sure there's no set-screw, it will come off with the spoons. Don't forget the cardboard to protect the plate.
  7. cablephil212

Need Help with EV Interface 3

Only 2 ways I know of. Either the knob is a screw type or a press-on. If it's a press-on, you need to pry both sides up at the same time. If it's a set-screw, loosen and the knob will lift off. After the knob is off, you "should" see a nut on the shaft of the pot. Take it off, and remove the...
  8. cablephil212

Oiled Veneer Restoration

Paint remover can drive the finish deeper into the grain. That's why I suggested the steel wool. It can get deeper into the grain without damaging the veneer. Give it one last try. You have nothing to loose. By flooding the top, there is a possibility some of the solution will seep below the...
  9. cablephil212

Oiled Veneer Restoration

Try this: After the veneer is totally dry (again), mix some oxalic acid in a bowl (something small) and use some 0000 steel wool to apply. Go with the grain, and apply ONLY to the stain. Wear gloves. Just pouring it on really does not do the job. If there's any (and there probably is)...
  10. cablephil212

DIY suggestions for dressing up Belden 5000ue?

I think the biggest problem is finding the tech-flex in the correct size and color. The cable has an O.D. of .26" (just over 1/4"), so 3/16" would be the choice. PE doesn't carry that size. They go from 1/8" to 1/4". Might be a little "sloppy" on that cable. As far as banana jacks, use...
  11. cablephil212

Source for PIO caps?

Grainger supply http://www.grainger.com/ Browse the online catalog. Picked up 10uf PIO motor runs for about $10.00 each.
  12. cablephil212

Identify these ribbon tweeters?

Radio Shack peizo tweeters. Page 100. 1997 catalog. http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html I wouldn't be surprised if the bass bins were RS also. They did have a lot of PA stuff back in the day.
  13. cablephil212

Rectilinear Mini III or Biggles Speaker Project #9,653

Any update on the caps?
  14. cablephil212

realistic minimus ( I keep buying them help)

What kind of amp are you powering them with? That could be your problem. Just a guess.
  15. cablephil212

Speaker placement suggestion (includes picture)

No, a shelf isn't going to help. You still have that corner to deal with. Yep. No wall on the right side. Optical illusion (or my eyes ain't worth a shit :D) It's a tough location for a setup. A corner on one side, and nothing on the other. Of course, the corner loaded speaker will...
  16. cablephil212

Speaker placement suggestion (includes picture)

Looking at the pic, is that baseboard heat on the left side or just base molding? If it's just molding, I would center the Ikea, so that it's equal from wall to wall. By doing that, you'll get the right speaker off the side wall.
  17. cablephil212

Quadral Rubin MK II

Don't have those particular speakers, but this is basic troubleshooting for any speaker. Here's a couple of things to try. When you try to push in the mid cone (gently), does it feel stiff? Is there any movement? Do they feel frozen? Some manufacturers use ferrofluid in the VC gap, to...
  18. cablephil212

B&W Mid/Woofer Gaskets - How to Re-glue

A stupid question, but I'll ask anyways. Was the underside of the trim clean, as in no glue on it? I'm not 100% sure on this, so correct me if I'm wrong. Does the ring sorta snap over the basket rim? You might have to take off the ring completely, clean the ring and the basket. After...
  19. cablephil212

Philips woofer pop

They look like sealed boxes, from the pics on the net. First thing to do is, on the one that doesn't "pop", push the woofer in and see if it comes back to neutral slowly. Now try the same thing on the woofer that "pops". Do you feel the same amount of resistance? Does it take time to return to...
  20. cablephil212

How do you feel about buying demo's?

As long as the manufacturers warranty is still in effect, and the speakers don't look beat up, for the right price I would. At least 30% off MSRP would have me interested. The more the better. It would also depend on the return policy. What speakers are you looking at?
  21. cablephil212

Are Sony SS-U231 any good?

Rack system speakers. :eek: CHEAP as can be. If you're looking for garage speakers, them,s are it. :D HiFi for the home, NOPE. NO Idea about the receiver. Pass on it.
  22. cablephil212

I'm sorry. I didn't answer your question. :scratch2: Yes, you'll be able to remove the trim ring if a driver fails. OK, now I'm done. :D
  23. cablephil212

That's the beauty of Aleen's. It's water soluble. The other glue, I have no idea. The nice thing with Aleen's is it never dries rock hard. It stays soft, almost like silicone. The big plus is it's very easy to work with. Put it on wet with clamps, and walk away. Let it tack up a bit, and it...
  24. cablephil212

I would go with the simple solution. Aleen's Tacky glue. Under 2 bucks for a bottle. A couple of clamps to hold it in place while it dries. Done. I"d say $8.00 is kinda expensive with shipping for a small bottle like that. I've been using Aleen's to re-foam for a long time, and I've found it...
  25. cablephil212

New Re-Foaming Tecnology

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Man, I wish I had some of the stuff that guy is smoking.
Back
Top Bottom