Search results

1. scubaguy10

New console Stereo

After running out of rooms for a new system in my home, I decided to put in a system in my downtown law office. I found this small 1960's RCA console locally, bought it and took it to the office. The radio works pretty well, but the turntable is a lost cause. The plan is to remove the...
  2. scubaguy10

Possible purchase

I have 2 decks in my area for sale on Craigslist. One is a TEAC X300, looks to be in good condition, for $75.00. The other is a TEAC A4010S, probably needs work, for $25.00. Any thoughts on which, properly maintained, is the better machine? This would be in addition to my TEAC 2300S.
  3. scubaguy10

Possible purchase

My local Craigslist has a listing for 2 RTR machines, One is some kind of Sony, can't tell the model, but its a 7" 3 motor, 3 head deck that looks pretty good in the picture (black face). The other is a TEAC 3300. Comes with about 80 tapes, all look to be 7". What is this stuff worth? I...
  4. scubaguy10

Cartridge Review: Red Ed vs. Ortofon 2M Red

OK, I have mentioned looking for a cheap, low noise cartridge for crappy records, both to save my recently purchased Ortofon 2M Red (I know, it's only $100 but it's the most expensive cartridge I've ever bought), and to lower the surface noise. The Red Ed arrived today and I mounted it up...
  5. scubaguy10

Budget cartridge for low surface noise

I just mounted up an Ortofon 2M Red, and like it a lot. It does seem, however, to pick up a fair amount of the pops, clicks and other surface noise inherent in records that aren't in great shape, especially thrift store and other used finds. So what would be a good, inexpensive cartridge...
  6. scubaguy10

Free pair of Boston Acoustic T-830s

My daughter and her boyfriend both just graduated college, and when moving them out of their apartments, I spied a pair of BA T-830 minitower speakers. The woofer foam was totally rotten, and he was going to throw them out! Well, the short version was that I rescued them, went to Parts...
  7. scubaguy10

Dual 1254 with ULM arm- What am I getting into?

I'm currently bidding on a Dual 1254 on eBay, and for better or worse, looks like I'll get it (for very little money, like $20.00 or so). Apparently, these Duals have their ULM tonearm, and do not fit 1/2" mounts without an adapter. I also note that the adapter would cost me about 3 times as...
Back
Top Bottom