Search results

1. transmaster

The lowest grossing Hollywood movie in history. Zyzzyx Road (2006)

Zyzzyx Road was intended for foreign release but the Screen Actors Guild required it to be released in the USA first. Something about the actors getting US credit. It was debut in one theater for one day Feb 26, 2006, its box office receipt was $20 USD, total world wide take was $30 bucks. The...
  2. transmaster

Computer Clan, The first YouTube channel I have ever binge watched

Computer Clan is a Youtube Channel where the presenter talks about scam devices, Why the Pebble watch failed, The 1st iPhone and it was not from Apple. bogus flash drives reporting more capacity than they actually had. The report about what happened to the Microsoft Zune was very interesting...
  3. transmaster

Sanada Maru, A Japanese Historical TV series

Sanada Maru (Sanadamaru on IMDB) Is one of the many fantastic historical TV dramas produced in Japan we rarely see in the States. Sanada Maru is about the last great Battlefield commander in war torn 16th century Japan. Sanada Masayuki Lord and daimyō head of the Sanada Clan. I happened to...
  4. transmaster

Small Game and Fish Knives c.1900

120+ years ago there were people who lived on a more or less permanent basis in the wilderness. There were 2 such people who also penned magazine articles, for Field and Stream, American Rifleman, Outdoor life, Hunting and Fishing, etc. Horace Kephart 1862 to 1931, and William Dallas "Dall"...
  5. transmaster

Remember Animusic?, They have been remastered and converted to 4K, and they are all here.

This is a real treat seeing all of the Animusic video remastered and in 4K in one place. Everytime I watch one I stop and think when the were made CGI was done with computers with a fraction of the GPU power we have today...
  6. transmaster

Before there was Hoy Fong Rooster Sauce there was New Jersey Pepper Relish

I once used New Jersey Hot chopped Pepper Relish. New Jersey Pepper Relish is a condiment traditionally used on Submarine, Hoagie, and Torpedo sandwiches. It is unique in that is uses the Cherry pepper, both hot and mild as its main ingredient. The Cherry Pepper is not seen in the Western US...
  7. transmaster

Hoy Fong Rooster Sauce no longer tastes like the original

The flavor of a chili pepper is dependent on were they are grown. As you know Hoy Fong's Sriracha sauce no longer gets their red Jalapeňo's from Underwood Ranches, They now. come from New Mexico, Texas, and Mexico. The God tongues are saying Rooster Sauce no longer taste, or looks the same...
  8. transmaster

Old Time Radio at Internet Archives

I have commented on the periodically over the years. The internet Archives has big downloadable collection of old time radio shows which is being added to as new recordings are found. The people working on these archives are constantly working to improve the audio quality of them. My...
  9. transmaster

I am beginning to notice something in social media After Masters of The Air. Soar is becoming the WW2 heavy Bomber theme.

Soar, the main theme to the series is becoming the WW2 bomber theme. The Museum of The Air Force moved their WW2 bombers to the new WW2 display. The move was posted on various places on YouTube. The move has harolded by a visit from many of the flight worthy WW2 bombers from around the...
  10. transmaster

Hauptwerk Virtual Organ; OH MY GOD!!!!!!

St. Cecilia approves. This virtual organ can faithfully emulate any real church organs, or Wurlitzer that has been sampled. https://www.hauptwerk.com/ https://www.youtube.com/live/TEsJnJpzbSk?si=Q5l-clBl9RabwVlb
  11. transmaster

Books that would make great movies or TV mini Series, Dakotan Confederacy series By Glynn Stewart

I have talked about this before Books that would make great movies or TV mini series. Glynn Stewart is one of my favorite self published authors, on Kindle and Audible I have 59 of his books. He writes really good Sci Fi military opera's, magical fantasys, and great sci-fi flavored gothic books...
  12. transmaster

The Channel Z review of the FiiO K7

This test exactly matches my experience with the K7. I started using the K7 before I watched this YouTube and it was nice to see my purchase choice confirmed.
  13. transmaster

Really interesting YouTube Channel: Z Reviews

After the research I did before I purchased the FiiO K7 it tweaked my Youtube algorithms and I started getting channels devoted to DAC/AMPs. Z Reviews came up yesterday. This guy tests DAC/AMPs, earphones and headphones that he uses on the DAC/AMPs he is testing. His reviews are accurate, and...
  14. transmaster

My 6 year old Yamaha is starting to show its age.

One of its HDMI ports is not working. I am going to hit the HDMI jack with some Caig DeOxit and install a new cable and see it the fixes it, but.......... Looking for suggestion on its replacement. I don't care about surround sound anymore. I set this system up for surround Dolby music. The...
  15. transmaster

Holly Dunn's Discography is on Apple Music

I just discovered that Apple Music has added the Holly Dunn discography. Except for "Daddy's Hands" you rarely hear her. Holly Dunn died at the age of 59 on November 14th 2016. I was overjoyed to see the album Cornerstone. It was released in 1987 and only on Vinyl. Even the record has never...
  16. transmaster

"Ue o Muite Arukō ( which has the insulting Title of Sukiyaki outside of Japan) Sung by Kyu Sakamoto, lyrics by Rokusuke Ei

Moving through my music library on Apple Music and I ran across this song which rekindled an outrage I have forgotten about. Ue o Muite Arukō ( Japanese: 上を向いて歩こう, "I Look Up as I Walk") was considered to hard to pronounce so its name was changed to Sukiyaki with its release in the US in...
  17. transmaster

Battle: LA Original Soundtrack

I reported of this wonderful soundtrack back in 2011. Now I am listening to it on Apple Music, lossless using the FiiO K7 DAC/Amp with the wonderful Shure SE-535's on the Mac Studio. It is like I have never heard it before. As I observed at the time the movie is actually pretty good, and the...
  18. transmaster

There are CD's than there are CD's from Japan.

13 years ago here there was a question about this and it needs refreshing. I am again purchasing CD's many of them from Japan, the EU and the UK. These are CD's never released in the States or are completely out of print, not on any streaming service, and no CD available stateside. Japanese...
  19. transmaster

FiiO K7 DAC/Amp, I am gobsmacked by the sound.

I have have had FiiO BT DAC/Amps for years even with Bluetooth they sound great. It was not until directly I plugged the BTR7 into the Mac Studio that I learned just how good these FiiO DAC/Amps are. I finally hooked up the K7, it took longer to unbox it that it did getting it going. I knew...
  20. transmaster

Roku locking Roku TV's unless their new TOS are agreed to.

Just learned of this on Apple News. Roku has published new TOS that unless they are agreed to the Roku TV will be disabled. I have not used a Roku in about 10 years once I added an Apple TV there was no longer a reason to have it. Roku bragged about have many hundreds of channels but most of...
  21. transmaster

Using my AirPod Pro 2's

It is funny before I started to use the Apple AirPod Pro 2. I observed that I would not wear them outside of the house for fear of losing them. With the Comply expandable foam sleeves they stay put in my ears no matter what. Now it is the wired BT earphones that don't leave the house. The way...
  22. transmaster

Sonic Seasoning, 1972 Wendy Carlos

I received the CD of Wendy Carlos's 1972 Sonic Seasonings, which included extra tracks, Aurora Borealis, and Midnight Sun. As has been discussed elsewhere Wendy will not allow any of her work she has control of to be streamed on any music service. When I ripped the CD to Apple Music I found...
  23. transmaster

Using an iPhone as a microscope to examine knife blade edges.

I have high end Japanese kitchen knives from Seki Japan. It is important to maintain their edge, and to know if is time to send them to a professional sharpening service for a regrind. My iPhone 14 Pro Max with its 15X digital zoom, and with post processing can do the job. However I cannot...
  24. transmaster

Shapton Whetstones. You would have to spend a lot of money to get anything better.

I have learned that like everything else you get what you pay for. I have used various Japanese style whetstones for years. The ones I used were those that required soaking in water before use, they are sort of like bricks you use in masonry. On a dedicated kitchen knife forum I learned about...
  25. transmaster

Yes, Denis Villeneuve says he is working on Dune III

No details of course, but Dune fan's who have seen seen Dune II say that at the end there are hints of something more to come. In many ways The Children of Dune is a more interesting book than Dune. In a movie Children of Dune Princess Alia Atreides, St Alia of The Knife could come forward...
Back
Top Bottom