Search results

1. F

The AR-XA / Technics tonearm tube swap thing.

Folks, now that Marc has left us, who can do the Tonearm tube conversion work for the universal/Technics headshell? Or is this a DIY and hope and pray you don't screw it up? Thanks, FedoraGent
  2. F

Step Up Transformer with Moving Iron Cartridge????

Hey folks. It's been a loooong minute (1980s) since I've used a Moving Iron cartridge and I have a new in the box Grado Prestige Blue 3. I don't remember, but do I have to use a SUT? Thanks ahead of time. Thanks, FG.
  3. F

Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

Hello Folks, I'm a long time member, first time caller. I'm in Berkeley.
  4. F

Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

Not in San Diego, but I'm in LA County (San Gabriel Valley). I have two tube testers. Tester #1: B & K 707 Tester #2: Heathkit TC-2 FG.
  5. F

American Recording Society Jazz Info?

I thought you folks might find this interesting...
  6. F

6N3C Russian Tubes in VTA-70

L shaped RCA connectors cheehpogi, where did you get your L shaped RCA connectors? Thanks, FG.
  7. F

Folks, what bias are you setting? Strange thing I encountered was I turned the bias pots ALL the way down, let it warm up and I got them to about .30mA and they are fine. I'm afraid to bring them up to .40, less .45. Thanks, FG.
  8. F

Folks, I did some searching around the Internet and have not found whether it is safe/possible to use a 6N3C in a VTA-70. (Without the PT/OT upgraded.) I ran some 6N3Cs and they were fine but one of the tubes started to red plate. I purchased some new ones and whammo, two of the tubes red...
  9. F

Mono Cartridge choices for late 40s/50s/60s Jazz

BTW, in case you folks are wondering the Denon DL-102 opened up beautifully after about 25-30 hours of play. Bass is there and it is a wonderful cartridge. In fact, so good I bought 2. lol.
  10. F

I ended up mounting the cart to the Dual TK-12 headshell and to a Dual 1014 I had. The screws are a bit long so I'm going to have to find some screw that are shorter...but I made it work. It played beautifully. I am still thinking about my choices for another table. I thought about an Empire...
  11. F

I was thinking of going with a Dual 1019 as that can take the weight. It is NOT ULM. Either that or finding another vintage turntable that would be able to take 13g. Any suggestions?
  12. F

BTW, it does fit. Here is proof! Dual 1019 with Denon DL-102.
  13. F

I have a 1014, 1219 and 701. It fits the sled. In fact I'm probably going to try and just have my 1014 as a mono table. In fact, I've even though of using the 1219 I have.
  14. F

Yeah, I was thinking that was the case. The coil needs the chance to adjust to moving and settle and such. They are probably discontinuing it to introduce something 'better'. I am, but dang this thing is HEAVY for my tone arm. I'm thinking of using my Dual 1015 or 1219 for this duty...
  15. F

One other thing is that vocals seem really really realistic as if they are performing in the room that I'm in. Amazing, I've never heard a Moving Coil before. So far I am impressed.
  16. F

Folks, I was able to get the DL-102 installed and am listening to it now. It sounds pretty amazing. The cart itself is REALLY heavy and my Dual 701 arm is coping pretty well. I may mount this on another turntable that has a heavier duty tone arm. It is a really really quiet cartridge. It...
  17. F

I definitely will! I may even post photos of how it looks and such. FG.
  18. F

The 701 is not a ULM model. I bought the Denon DL-102 because the price was right, I wanted TRUE mono and it will work on my TT. :) FG.
  19. F

See, that is the problem. I have a Dual 701 that I want to play them on but the headshells do not have the hole on the top...crap. FG.
  20. F

Made my day! You sir, just made my day. I didn't know that it was a HOMC. FG.
  21. F

Folks, I am thinking of getting a mono cartridge. Specifically the Denon DL-102 Moving Coil. I listen to ALOT of 50s jazz in mono. This moving coil is going to need a step up transformer. Before I go down this road, I would like to see what others are using for MONO cartridges. What are...
  22. F

What to do with Red Plated Tubes?

Thank you folks. I appreciate the feedback. I am just not sure I'm going to use them in my VTA ST-70 for a long period of time. They red plated three times, all in short durations all about 1/2 a minute max a piece. I may still use them. Dunno. But thank you nonetheless! FG.
  23. F

What to do with Red Plated Tubes?

Folks, I recently had a bad situation where I had a quad of Chinese EL34s and a GZ34 Red Plate. The GZ34 wasn't on for a fraction of a minute, perhaps 20 to 30 seconds. It is running fine now. But the four EL34s went red like a sports car. I figure I should remand them to test tubes in a...
  24. F

Dual 701 and 1229 what should I know?

Out of curiosity I am thinking of picking up a 701 from Bill. Does anyone if there is a motor hum or rumble from this unit? Oh and is the gent that bought his still happy with it? Thanks, FG
Back
Top Bottom