Search results

1. scuba

Kickstarter - Wheel by Miniot

Hipsters be all over this. No way to upgrade the cartridge on a $2000 turntable.
  2. scuba

New tube integrateds-why no bass and treble controls?

I may be totally off base here, but I think it comes down to two different ways of tweaking the sound. Those who teak the tone to suit the room and those who tweak the room to suit the sound. In my case, since I can't change the room it's in, I use the tone control and balance to suit both my...
  3. scuba

√˜˜ Last name, First letter for next famous person

Christopher Cross.
  4. scuba

I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

My favorite dive watch of which I have had three. I flooded the first one, lost the second one and spent two months searching daily before finding the current one. Hopefully this one will stick around. I have multiple divers including my grandfather's Omega Seamaster 300 and several Seikos as...
  5. scuba

What TT's do you folks have

The HK T60 isn't seeing much use these days as we are renovating and repainting the inside of the house and my home office has become the unofficial dump site for anything that is currently in the way.
  6. scuba

Turntable Questions

Appolgies for resurrecting a necropost but I just came across it while researching a turntable I recently aquired. Mine is an Aurex SR-Q300 as shown below. Visually, it is identical to the SR-Q770 previously posted. The only difference I can find is the model number and the fact that it does...
  7. scuba

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Scott 222C Scott 350 FM Yaqin MS100B Yaqin SD32A cd player A pair of Bogen MO100As Modded with Dave Gillespie's design Hagerman Bugle 2 phono pre-amp Realistic Carnival. Unknown model number Fender Blues Junior guitar amp A variety of DIY guitar amps and a whole mess of vintage radios in...
  8. scuba

Pics of your listening space

9. scuba

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Oddly enough, I grew-up in Tunisia.
  10. scuba

Any ( TMR ) Third Man Records collectors on AK

I’m looking forward to the Elvis release as i’ve been a skinny Elvis fan since time imemorial.
  11. scuba

Any ( TMR ) Third Man Records collectors on AK

I've been a vault member for many years now and have bought many other records from TMR's list of artists. Lots of cool and unusual finds to be had there.
  12. scuba

Happy Birthday scuba!

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. My apologies for such a late response but apparently, life is what happens while you're busy making plans
  13. scuba

Bicycles - Show Us What You Ride

A Devinci Wookie. Carbon fibre frame with front suspension and a hardtail. It’s the only bike I’ve ever had with disk brakes.
  14. scuba

What are you listening to?

That’s where I thought I was posting. I’ll read more closely next time. Thanks For letting me know though.
  15. scuba

What "Audio Related" item were you GIFTED?

A complete mid 80’s Harmon Kardon stereo set-up from my wife.
  16. scuba

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

A pair of Senheiser HD600s. Even better than my AKG Q701s and worth every penny.
  17. scuba

What are you listening to?

The Road Home by Anne and Nancy Wilson featuring John Paul Jones. A highly underrated live acoustic album and very intriguing.
  18. scuba

Happy Birthday scuba!

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes. Apologies for the late reply. Things like this remind me why I love being a part of this community.
  19. scuba

Wharfedale Owners Thread

What he said + infinity. I will pause now and wipe the drool off my keyboard. One question though. Why the empty ported chamber?
  20. scuba

Interesting little briefcase amp. (With issues)

The speaker is in and sounds even better that the 6X9. Interesting sidebar, the amp sounds much nicer with single coils than with hum-buckers. My 335 has a pair of Gibson P94 single coils which sound bright and sharp whereas my Les Paul has the stock hum buckers and sound a little muddy. Haven’t...
  21. scuba

The “semi” finished product. As soon as the replacement speaker arrives, this little odd-ball will likely become my go-to practice amp. It has such a much sweeter clean tone than my Fender Junior Pro. Oops! The three prong plug won’t let me close the lid. Shoulda thunked of that. Not quite...
  22. scuba

Not fantastic. Quite a bit of distortion at higher volumes. Quite nice otherwise.
Back
Top Bottom