Search results

1. GD70

AR2ax Woofer Buzzing?

Check the Masonite ring the surround is glued to to make sure the ring hasn’t started lifting fro the basket, and check the spider to make sure it’s also not lifting.
  2. GD70

Magnepan LRS and LRS+ Tips, Tricks and Mods

Thanks for posting these! I just finished watching both videos, very informative & interesting.
  3. GD70

Spring Peekskill, NY, Blue Mtn. Lodge Meet 2024. Saturday June 15th!

Here's the Lodge location map. Here's the address. 435 Welcher Ave, Peekskill, NY 10566 Please feel free to grab the flier image and print it out to post locally. Cheers, Glenn
  4. GD70

Anyone familiar with JVC Zero 9 speaker?

Wow! Those are super clean! As mentioned, Rick Cobb, maybe Simply Speakers may have the correct fitting woofer surrounds. The surround compliance may not be a match to the originals, but better than nothing. When taking measurements, basket, cone, and roll, also note they are glued to the...
  5. GD70

I’ll start the stuff for sale thread shortly. Link to sale thread. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/2024-stuff-for-sale-spring-peekskill-ny-blue-mtn-lodge-meet.1057633/
  6. GD70

April 13th 2024 FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA - & T-shirts

Have fun! See you at the next gathering!
  7. GD70

Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

I’ve owned mine since new, 1980. Great receiver! Still sounding great today!
  8. GD70

ONKYO M-508 Shipping damage

Started making the new side panels. I used Poplar as it will make a good base for the Rosewood Veneer. I went to my friends shop and we cut them to size. Pics show a test fit and the Veneer. The butt joint will be invisible. Beautiful veneer.
  9. GD70

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Gorgeous amp! Amazing condition! Hope you have many years of listening enjoyment with it!
  10. GD70

I think JVC saturated the market in the 90s with a lot of cheaper consumer grade rack systems, which sounded fine when new, but because it was profit driven, the quality was not what it use to be, and it didn’t last very long. Most of the major audio companies did the same, lots of plastic...
  11. GD70

Small light bulbs needed for my JVC SEA 80 EQ

Hi Jorge! No offending smells from my SEA-80. Have you had it powered on with the case removed? You may be able to find what’s causing it. Cheers, Glenn
  12. GD70

KLH Model Six Recap+missing tweeter

DO NOT use any concoction except the correct sealer Roy makes. Roy tested it extensively. Go to the classicspeakers site and contact him there. He rarely logs into AK these days.
  13. GD70

AR3a Tweeters

They can be rebuilt. Roy C. does this work. He’s a member, though is primarily on the classic speakers site.
  14. GD70

Good evening, I didn’t see a PP notification. Just want to make sure you didn’t send it to someone else by mistake. Cheers!
  15. GD70

Great history, very similar to my experiences time line wise, though less gear than you through those years. I still have my R-S77 purchased in 1980 and it’s sounding great! Now, let’s discuss speakers. I strongly suggest you look at ADS, especially the bigger boys. Their entire line sound...
  16. GD70

Thank you! I’ll add you to the list!
  17. GD70

KLH Model 7/Sealed KLH Crossover Repair

Figured better to tell you before the admins moved or deleted your post. Cheers!
  18. GD70

KLH Model 7/Sealed KLH Crossover Repair

Value questions go in the dollars and cents section.
  19. GD70

Looking into JVC SK-1000 vs JVC SK-1000 series II

Hard to say. Could be an improved woofer, crossovers, many variables.
  20. GD70

JVC AX-40 Amplifier Speaker Connection

You can connect two sets of speakers as long as both are rated 8ohm. If one set is 8, the other is 4, you can only listen to one set at a time.
  21. GD70

Looking into JVC SK-1000 vs JVC SK-1000 series II

Based on the specs, series two will have slightly deeper bass. I’d go for the series two. Which ever set you decide on, have the seller send you videos to insure all the drivers are working, and showing overall condition.
Back
Top Bottom