Search results

1. Jeff M

Yaesu G450 rotors?

I have been considering a Yaesu rotor in the G450 class. If you have any experience with Yaesu rotators, please chime in. I was really considering a HAM rotor, but they are getting pretty long in the tooth. I used to use them back in my CB days. My rohn tower is long gone, so I will have to use...
  2. Jeff M

Awesome - Canton 830.2 Ventos

I have had these Cantons for about a month now and I am really impressed! I have them running with a set of Rythmik F12se subs, hooked up in in stereo. Right now, I have the subs set at 80hz. I am in awe of these little 2-way stand mounts. I wish I could audition the other offerings, ie...
  3. Jeff M

Canton standmount/bookshelf suggestions?

I am on the hunt for some of Canton standmounts. I am currently using Paradigm Model 3se's and they do sound pretty good. I have them on nice and solid stands. I do use a pair of Rythmik f12 subs, which are just great. Anyways, I have always wanted to try a set of Canton 2-way bookshelves. There...
  4. Jeff M

Paradigm 3se upgrade?

I recently hooked up an older set of the 3se Paradigms along with a pair of wonderful Rythmik F12se subs. I am really liking the sound, but, of course I am on the hunt for a bit more. Perhaps another set of standmounts/bookshelves that do really well with the mids and highs. Not looking for ones...
  5. Jeff M

Sub help?

I recently got a pair of Rythmik F12 subs and they will still play annoying, low level bass, when I turn the preamp all the way down. I have the subs connected to an Audio Reaearch SP3-A1 preamp via rca's/splitters. Any suggestions?
  6. Jeff M

Rythmik Subs with electrostats?

I have been looking at the F12 subs and was hoping to get any input on how they blend with "fast" speakers? I have the Model 3 Acoustats with a HSU tube with HSU sub/500 watt. It works good, but I guess I am looking for more slam, such as a front firing sub. Any input would be appeciated.
  7. Jeff M

Uploading picture host?

I always used picture trail(they are now all gone), doing it the old way with a canon rebel. It was quite the PITA to take pics, upload and copy urls, paste, etc.. I guess I need to get with the modern times! Anyways, I want to list all kinds of items and would appreciate some input on the...
  8. Jeff M

AR SP3-A1

My SP3-a1 has a small issue. I had a tone bulb burn out, but the tone control works just fine. I luckily picked up a few of the tiny 387 lamps at Grainger. The lamp stays lit up all the time now, even when the push button/tone is off? Is that likely a dirty switch or a faulty one?
  9. Jeff M

Class D amp for bass(rs1b's}

Any thoughts on class D amps for the woofer towers on my RS1B's? I have a TNT-200 on them now, which is ok, but I would like a bit more "punch". I tried the Audire Otez on the bass and the Acoustat 200 on the panels, and worked better, but the Audire amp sounds better on the ribbons IMO. I am...
  10. Jeff M

RS1B x-over help

I have a nice set of RS1B's, that I have recently acquired a few months ago. They sound very nice, but the bass is not as tight as I remember from a previous set that I owned. The controls on the faceplate are barely responsive. The volume control seems rather weak. It is not the factory volume...
  11. Jeff M

AT25LC vs. the Sumiko Moonstone

I am currently using an AT25lc, which I have 2 of them. They are very low hours. Would I see a substantial improvement with a MM Sumiko? The AT's are great, with a lot of detail. but I am looking for a bit more "warmth" in the uppers. I used to have a Blackbird, which was great, on a previous...
  12. Jeff M

RS1b crossover potentiomer value?

Anyone know what the correct value is on the volume pot for my servo/crossover? The one that is currently installed is surely not factory, from Mouser taiwan stamped B5Kx2. Isn't 5K pretty a low impedance?
  13. Jeff M

RS1B soon!

I am in the process of getting a set of RS1B's and have a few questions. I have an Audire Otez amp(250w into 8ohms and up to 800w into 2ohms). and I also have a Acousstat TNT-200 and a pair of TNT-120. 1000 damping factor! The servo has never been messed with. Is it a big undertaking to have my...
  14. Jeff M

AR SP3a phono opinions?

That is what I am using and it sounds pretty darn good, but I have nothing to compare with. Is there a big leap, going to a separate phono over the SP3a...…..without going nuts with the costs? I am using all MM carts.
  15. Jeff M

L65/Jubals....keep and upgrade or part out?

I recently got a set of Jubal's and a set of L-65's. They both sound great except that both sets had Pyle's for the woofers. I did get a set of 122a's and 126a's, which all need surrounds and one of the 122a's and one of the 126a's need new cones :( . The good is that the 077's in all 4 are...
  16. Jeff M

Can my area handle them?

I used to have RS1B's and Gammas. They worked out very good, maybe because of the 2 openings to the dining room/kitchen at on the side wall and a hallway at the end. Do you think that Betas should work okay?
  17. Jeff M

Which SUT?

I have a very nice AR SP3-a1 preamp and the phono is wonderful with the stable of MM carts that I have. The preamp phono gain is, I think, is about 55db? I want to be able to use LOMC carts like the .33mv AT33PTGII. What ratio SUT would be ideal? If I recall, 65db would be a correct gain? 1:10...
  18. Jeff M

Rate my MM carts vs............

Current lineup: AT 130E AT125LC Signet 3ea Grado black F1 AKG X10s How would you rate these? All are in very good condition and I was thinling of trying something else. I have a Gold Note PH-10 phono stage and electrostats, which are pretty revealing (in a good way). I was looking at the...
  19. Jeff M

Gold Note PH-10

I ordered one a few days ago and should have it in less than 2 weeks :) . I think there are a few owners here and would like your opinions? I run a pair of Technic SP15 tables. One is for all MM carts (3.5-5mv) and the other has an moving coil, AT33PTGII(.3mv). I use a set of Acoustat Model 3...
  20. Jeff M

Allnic, Herron or Tavish choice?

I have a dilemma on which would suit me best. All of them are not cheap dates :O, but all are about the same ballpark pricewise -/+. I run 2 tables, Technics SP-15's side-by-side. The rest of my system is a Krell PAM3 preamp, Krell KSA 10 and Acoustat model 3 electrostats. One table has a .3mv...
  21. Jeff M

Good PC for my Krell Amp?

Looking for a nice PC for my class A Krell KSA100. I am using a CPCC Model 11. It really does improve over the run-of-the-mill standard cords, but I am considering a further upgrade.
  22. Jeff M

Acoustats- Will this amp work?

Not sure if this belongs in the other forum? Anyways, I have a set of Model 3 Acoustats and wondered if an Onkyo M-504 or M-506RS would be sufficient? I do tend to play fairly loud on some occasions, but only when noone is here :). I bet the big Grand Integras would be fine, but WAY out of my...
  23. Jeff M

Need to find a good rotor............

My cheapie rotor that I bought in a pinch is history. I got it at the local hardware several years ago. I am quite familiar with the older CDE rotors and have had several back in my CB days with big moonrakers. Those were pretty good rotors(Ham 2,3,4 and CD44). Now I need a medium duty rotor for...
  24. Jeff M

Bozak Symphonies

I just got a nice set of Symphonies and really like them :). I had a set of the giant Lowboy CG's several years ago, but they were much too large for my listening area. Anyways, the drivers in these Symphonies are the B200Y tweets, B800A Mids and the 16 ohm B199A woofers. I want/need to bring...
  25. Jeff M

Pro-Ject RS opinions?

I am looking at the Pro-Ject RS, but seems like alot of $$? Hoffman seems to like it, but would like to hear from common folk. Anybody that is familiar with this phono stage/pre, please chime in :) Any better alternatives within reason that have the same type of easy change settings.
Back
Top Bottom