Search results

1. KingBubba

TimeFrame T400 Need a New Replacement Woofer; I Think

My daily system, which has a pair of TimeFrame 400s, is exhibiting some issues. The left woofer is starting to get a serious buzz/rasp with certain frequencies. The frequencies are in the human vocal range. Sometimes I play my TV shows through the bedroom system and at certain vocal frequencies...
  2. KingBubba

"That's Not a Knife, This is a Knife."

That line from "Crocodile Dundee" always made me laugh and, in a way, I have always wanted a knife like that. So, now I have one that cost me $5.99 plus some shipping. Randall knives have made a knife in the same design, that every astronaut carried on their missions, Mine if about twice the...
  3. KingBubba

Radio Station Disappears

Almost not believable: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alabama-station-disbelief-200-foot-radio-tower-stolen-rcna137877
  4. KingBubba

Spring Might Be Here

Yesterday, when I came home from running errands. I could hear multiple chirps as I exited the car. I went to the bedroom that has a good view of the front, where the bird bath is. To my astonishment there were hundreds of robins all over the front property. They were battling each other for the...
  5. KingBubba

USB Created Hum

I have a hummmm issue. Let me describe my connections first. I am using one USB out from my older Thinkpad. There are no optical options. The single USB goes to a 4-port USB splitter. I have three devices entering the splitter; my DAC and 2 double hard drives dock with 2 drives in each. If my...
  6. KingBubba

Yaaaaa!! It's Fat Bear Week

This thing is a hoot. Check it out. https://www.nps.gov/katm/learn/fat-bear-week-2023.htm
  7. KingBubba

LEDs in Series

Is it possible to put LEDs in series? The voltage I am dealing with is 8v. Three LEDs in series would require 9v; so 8 volt should be okay. I can't see that three LEDs in series should not exceed the amperage of an incandescent lamp. I am weak on this stuff, but I have a basic understanding. I...
  8. KingBubba

England's Vinyl Comeback

Found this on Forbes, the finance magazine. It becomes apparent that industry is recognizing that vinyl is very popular now. This unit looks like just the right item at this time and place. I like its look and also the flexibility it is offering with the pre-out on the back. It is a nice piece...
  9. KingBubba

Hurricane Idalia

We are preparing, but my wife had to have a quick nap; so I thought I'd make a thread. We are leaving our house to a motel further inland. Our share of the storm will be in the outer bands, which they show will give us 40-50mph wind. This makes us lucky, but we are leaving as a just in case. My...
  10. KingBubba

A New Mississippi Record

What a Monster!!
  11. KingBubba

eBay Seller OK by Me

Nevermind
  12. KingBubba

Mahindra Tractor Finally Fixed

For the last month my tractor, a 18hp Mahindra with a front end loader and Bush Hog, has been on again off again. Mostly off again. My 2.5 acres is knee deep in Bahia grass. I have been trying this and trying that, but never could figure out what was keeping it from turning over via the key...
  13. KingBubba

Bin Stores

I read a short article today on a local online magazine called Newsbreak, which I believe is available around the country. The story spoke of stores that get leftovers from online sellers and other places. They just throw all these boxes in bins in the store and you visit and dig right in...
  14. KingBubba

Ground 60 Cycle Hum

I use my Thinkpad for playing music. I come out to a DAC via USB. I have a USB splitter device so I can access my stereo system and also my 4 backup drives using HDD docking stations. Unfortunately I am getting a hum issue with the backup drives connected. Just connecting to the audio causes no...
  15. KingBubba

Pharmaceutical Shortage

I have, for 30 years or more, had severe back pain and also knee pain, even after having my knee replaced. I take hydrocodone 3 times a day at a dose of 10mg. It is a help, but not an end all. I live on 2.5 acres and I have numerous chores that require bending and kneeling. At this time, there...
  16. KingBubba

TV Show Storage Wars

One of the first episodes of the new season opened with a nice audio surprise. Kenny finds a MC 240 with all the tubes all nice and rolled up tight in a box. The expert audio guy said it was valued at $2700.00. It was the first audio I have seen in years on that show.
  17. KingBubba

The Weather 6/14/23

I make a habit of watching the Wundermap Weather Map on Weather Underground. All day today there have been tornados in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and now Florida. I hope that people are okay. https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap...
  18. KingBubba

Window A/C Unit Struggle

I have no one to beef to about this stupid thing; so you guys are it. I live in a 10 year old doublewide that sits on my 2 1/2 acre lot. It has decent insulation and central A/C. During the hot months here, March to October, I leave the A/C on 24/7. I tried using my bedroom window unit at night...
  19. KingBubba

G-8000 Repair Needed in Florida

Are there any AK repair people anywhere on the Tampa side of Florida. I live in Brooksville which is North of Tampa. I have used my G-8000 daily for many years after having it sent to CDFixer before he passed away. He lived out West and back then shipping was not like it is now. I think for both...
  20. KingBubba

Grofe

I have been listening to Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite. What a truly marvelous creation this is. I have been to the Grand Canyon, though not down in it. This music sounds like I felt. The third movement, with the donkey trip into the canyon is a complete picture made out of music. This is the...
  21. KingBubba

The Ending of Thrift Stores As We Know Them?

An article today about the current status of thrift store is quite to the point. In the back of my mind, I have been thinking the same thing as the article discusses. Is this really happening, or am I becoming paranoid. A local thrift had a 30 watt Lafayette receiver for sale and he wanted $80...
  22. KingBubba

Non-native Species Catch

Today as I was rolling through a local news site called "Newsbreak" I came across a short article of local interest which featured a picture of a great blue heron. It was just a general interest short. Upon looking at the picture of the heron with a catfish in its bill, I realized that there was...
  23. KingBubba

Late 60s Oldsmobile Valve Singing

Does anyone here remember the distinctive sound made by Oldsmobile's V-8 engines in the late 60s? To me it was almost a ringing sort of sound and came from the Cutlass models with the 350 V-8. Other GM cars had that V-8, but they never had the ringing sound to go with it. There was something...
  24. KingBubba

Remote Outlet Device With Solid State

I have recently purchased a Dewenwills remote control outlet. I am using one to operate a light in the garage for my wife when she comes in late. She can operate it as she approaches the garage and has been something she appreciate. I on the other hand have considered using the second remote...
  25. KingBubba

Newer Toyota Ride

I am an old fuddy duddy; I admit it. However, getting a 2016 Toyota Camry last Saturday proved it. It was a real eye opener. The newest car that I had owned up to Saturday was a 2005 Camry with 239,000 miles on it. I had never owned a car that was as trouble free as that car. It did everything I...
Back
Top Bottom