Search results

1. BBRN

CA 810 diode sub help

Chazix, Thanks for the opinion and help. Nothing disastrous happened yet:D I picked this 810 up, and its having some protection circuit issues. Unfortunately someone did some less than stellar work on it previously, and the left amp board has new parts such as this diode that I can't verify, so...
  2. BBRN

CA 810 diode sub help

I am having troubles locating a replacement for some 1S2092 diodes in a ca 810. Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? I found a cross-reference of a BAV21 or BAV19 which mouser has in stock, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if either would work, or which would be...
  3. BBRN

Help with Sony str 7065

The smoke was definitely that big resistor cooking...you could literally see the smoke rolling off of it in a constant manner. And yes, those are the rectifier diodes in the PS...The "shavings" are just a protective sleeve placed over the legs of the diodes since they are raised pretty high...
  4. BBRN

Help with Sony str 7065

Hey Tinkerer, The best advice I can give in this situation is to check the voltages coming from the power supply as was advised to me earlier in the thread. I didn't necessarily find an exact culprit, but admittedly I kind of shotgunned mine as far as replacing parts. What is the serial # for...
  5. BBRN

Using Latex Cement for KLH Cloth Surround Doping

Well said! Any thoughts on the butylene product I posted previously? I also posted a MSD sheet on the product as well.
  6. BBRN

Interesting Yamaha organ amps on the bay.

I'm sure someone here could do something really cool with these. No Affiliation. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Amplifiers-120w-X-4-and-Relay-Control-Preamplifiers-R-60B-/111469372833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f417a5a1
  7. BBRN

Pink Floyd~The Endless River....

Honestly at this point in time I think a new album from 3 of 4 Pink Floyd members could look like a middle schoolers notebook designed by Lisa Frank, and it really wouldn't hinder sales. I mean its Pink friggin Floyd man come on! ;)
  8. BBRN

New JICO Video!

Much respect...I'd love to visit that place.
  9. BBRN

US buyers, stay away from needlestore@eBay

From my past experience, do not except the terms of having to pay return postage. Keep your item not as described claim open, eventually Ebay will send you out a return label, and they will bill the seller. You shouldn't have to have any responsibility for someone else's misleading listing. It...
  10. BBRN

ROTFLMAO -- FREE SPEAKERS!!!!! MUST GO NOW!!!!!! (colorado springs)

Damn, she even delivers:thmbsp Someone in CO should have her deliver some gear: Could be more than an audio score for the right fella...just make sure your single;)
  11. BBRN

CR-1020 power supply recap

sorry bad post I initially thought it was backwards, but I was looking at the wrong side of my 2020's board. In comparison (Same Boards)it looks to be correct....kinda strange.
  12. BBRN

One of the best speaker repair jobs I have ever seen.

My thoughts exactly...hell they even make it in brown nowadays....woudn't even notice from 20yds away.:D
  13. BBRN

KA-9100 Facelift

Nope you should be good. I don't know if you have a Menards around but I picked up a bunch of 100w incandescents there recently.
  14. BBRN

Let there be LIGHT!

Lookin good my friend:thmbsp:
  15. BBRN

I should add that I highly respect the work of RoyC, and I know that he has done a lot of research and work which have helped all of us keep our prized speakers going properly. I've thanked him in the past, and have no problems doing that again.
  16. BBRN

Disturbing? Geez. I find it funny how so many feathers get ruffled around here sometimes. Relax folks! Yes, I made my own sealant before I knew vintage AR existed. I did some proper research and found the service bulletin from KLH. Its butyl rubber thinned and used as a coating. I shared said...
  17. BBRN

^ while I've only got a couple basic organic chemistry classes under my belt, I wouldn't think so. They most likely add to its durability, flexibility, UV, and weather resistance. Keep in mind this stuff is going on really thin, just enough to soak in and coat the fibers of the surround.
  18. BBRN

http://webcache.crlaurence.com/datasheets/msds/PDF/525.PDF
  19. BBRN

For those interested this is what I use. http://www.amazon.com/Black-PTI-Butyl-Rubber-Sealant/dp/B001G0XT38/ref=pd_cp_hi_0 Read through the description, and you'll see it is very durable, and highly flexible. Like I said toluene is readily available, but in my opinion most thinners will work...
  20. BBRN

Your FIVE Favorites?

OK I'll Play although picking favorites of anything is never my strong suit so I'll have to keep it general. 1.My kids 2.Anything music related 3.Good hearted people 4.Women 5.Giving new life to old stuff
  21. BBRN

Your FIVE Favorites?

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Oh my thats beautiful!
  22. BBRN

Your FIVE Favorites?

Ha I knew I liked you for some reason:yes:
  23. BBRN

OK I found it. KLH recommended this be done to all woofers brought in for service as well as any remaining stock. Like I said, its not a complicated thing, just a matter of having the right materials. For some reason I always seem to get beat up by particular individuals in the forums when I...
  24. BBRN

I agree with the above poster that stated someone please make a sticky. This topic comes up way too often, and I also hate to think of all the drivers that have gone by the wayside due to random materials being used. The original KLH service update is available I believe at...
Back
Top Bottom