Search results

1. calrec

Found a Sony TC-129

Where to buy Sony TC129 belts? Sorry to jump into this thread, got a Sony TC-129 that needs belts. Where to find service manual and/or just the belts?
  2. calrec

Lepai Tripath LP-2020A+ mini Amp dissected

THANKS!:banana:
  3. calrec

Lepai power switch issues? My unit came from Ebay, in nice shape! Seller said it had not been opened. If so, factory must have swapped the older 2200uf cap for a 3300uf? Looked 'reworked'. The power switch wiring looked crude so I tried to clean it up. Found short pieces of stranded wire in the...
  4. calrec

Adden-dum! (Speaker wire spring terminals :( Checked someone's multi channel amplifier that supposedly had dropout issues. Solid as a rock on the bench! Problem was one of his $ speakers had a plugged spring terminal that wasn't contacting the wire! NOT the amp.
  5. calrec

Hi Cogitech Where did you get the toroids - part no's please?
  6. calrec

PS...Just installed a compact Panasonic 5600uf 16v (105c) electrolytic cap in the DC input circuit. Mouser 667-EEU-FR1C562. $1.28. 12v 5A power supply due Thursday!
  7. calrec

Never cared for those wire clamp type output connectors. If the wires aren't tinned, the strands can break off inside the clamp. The mod used good quality RCA jacks conncted to the Lepai board with heavy guage wire. Main purpose was being able to easily change speakers. I must confess, after...
  8. calrec

Lepai with RCA outputs To be able to quickly switch speakers, my amp was converted to RCA output jacks from the factory 'push in' wire terminals. Note, the jacks are mounted on a fiberglass (not metal) panel!
  9. calrec

My Lepai arrived from Ebay yesterday with a 3300uf 16v cap instead of the typical 2200uf in a schematic I saw. (Seller said it must be factory, he didn't open it.) Nice stubby cap! Still want to upgrade to 4700uf if I find one 33mm high. No luck at local GW so far on a 12V 5A supply. I'll keep...
  10. calrec

What's a good source for those improved inductors? (Part #'s etc.?) Thanx Cal
  11. calrec

How much higher than 4700uf can the filter capacitor be? Is it necessary to up the voltage to 25v also?
  12. calrec

LED Drop in fuse lamp replacements

Surprised you use thru-hole (leaded) LED's? I worked for an instrument panel supplier to the trucking, bus, and RV markets. Our panels used single and multi-colored SM LEDs.
  13. calrec

LED Drop in fuse lamp replacements

Wish I'd seen this earlier! I retro'd LED's in the SA-9100 amp I recently 'rescued'. Did them the hard way with discrete diodes and limiting resistors. Could your devices replace the Vu meter lamps in Vintage gear like Tascam 22-2 cassette decks.?
  14. calrec

Pioneer SA-9100 Speaker Selector Switch?

Desperate SA-9100 speaker switch replacement My Desperate Fix: Couldn't find one so substituted a 4 pole (section) 6 position rotary switch To select A,B,C, A+B, A+C functions of S10-2. (back section of switch) S10-1, (front section), set to a position that gave 6.47k at Power Amp input...
  15. calrec

Pioneer SA-9100 Speaker Selector Switch?

Desperate SA-9100 speaker switch replacement Desperate fix: Couldn't find one so substituted a 4 pole (section) 6 position rotary switch To select A,B,C, A+B, A+C functions of S10-2. (back section of switch) S10-1, (front section), set to a position that gave 6.47k at Power Amp input...
  16. calrec

Sa-9100 Speaker selector switch wiring?

SA-9100 S10-2 (patched photos) Photos of the attempted repair of S10-2 switch section. S10-2 Front......S10-2 Rear
  17. calrec

SA=9100 S10-1 Rear photos SA-9100 S10-1 Rear photos. Off/A/B/C/A+B/A+C
  18. calrec

SA-9100 S10-1 etc Mark Thanks for your patience! I temporarily mounted S10-1 on the (old) index mechanism and shot photos of it in all the positions. You are right on the resistance values. Checked my Fluke 8050A with a resistance decade box and power amp Input to Ground = 6.47K...now in...
  19. calrec

Sa-9100 s10-1f & 1r Thanks Mark. Amp runs fine both channels. I carefully rotated S10-1 trying to track where the impedance compensation kicks in. There seem to be 2 positions where that happens, but it drops the output level so low as to be barely usable? Except for those 2 positions of the...
  20. calrec

Mark, Measuring from power amp (AWH-023) INPUT (pin 3) to ground; S10-1 switches between 7 ohms & 25 ohms. I'd guess the lower resistance to ground reduces the signal to the power amp input when in A+B or A+C position?
  21. calrec

SA-9100 S10-1 details Mark, Thanks for that great info! Should S10-1 be set permantly to the A+B/A+C (dual speaker) mode to keep the amp from going into overload? Since both sections of S10 (1 & 2) had been broken and crudely 'fixed', the speaker select functions of S10-2 were replaced by a...
  22. calrec

Sa-9100 S10-1 Tucked the front section of the switch away under the amp...sandwiched between two small pieces of thin fiberglas circuit board material. Switch installed, carefully 'ohm'd the new switch functions.So far, so good. Ready for speaker test= Tested 100%! But Power 'grain of wheat'...
  23. calrec

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

My best, obsolete gear tossed by an organization: Sharp cassette deck rescued from dumpster-not too bad, mainly needed capstan belt. Temporarily using rubber band. Best value: 3 Tascam 122 professional 2 speed cassette recorders, refurbished 2 and bought new belts! Great machines for xfering...
  24. calrec

The "New" SA-9100...

Explanation with photos - welcomed! I for one would appreciate the input
  25. calrec

SA-9100 Speaker switch functions? Thanks, Mark, done that. Rear section selects speaker outputs A-B-C or A+B etc. Front section seems to only add some kind of filtering but looks non essential since it's hooked to a circuit mechanically locked out on the back of the amp? Plan is to replace...
Back
Top Bottom