Search results

1. AZDean

Another thing to think about when you recap.

Hey all, I recapped my RSIIs a year ago. Had an issue pop up that I could have prevented much easier while recapping than doing now. I noticed my tweeters not working on one of my speakers. When I checked the fuse it was fine, and if I pulled on the fuse while it was playing, I could hear the...
  2. AZDean

Another RSII Recap

I've been doing some work on recapping my crossovers. I bought a digital multimeter and an inexpensive LCR meter so I have measurements on the old caps, something that might be of interest to others considering this. The bottom two are the resistors. So it was interesting that the big 1600uf...
  3. AZDean

Schiit Loki - Possible EQ replacement for RS-IIb?

I don't have the RS-IIb, and I probably won't ever have them, but I was reading about one of Schiit Audio's latest products, Loki, a four band EQ. It's pretty different than any other EQ I've seen, and it may be a good match to the RS-IIb for those that are missing the bass EQ. That is if I...
  4. AZDean

Attn: Vintage Infinity Hunters

So, there's quite a few desirables on CL in the southwest right now. Phoenix, Las Vegas and LA and surrounding areas reveal, RS2000A, two sets of RSII, an RS1 system (with another pair of RSII, and seller says he won't separate, strange.), several RSIII, IIIA and IIIBs, some RS6bs and an RS4.5...
  5. AZDean

Finished RSII Rebuild - RSII Impressions and How I got Hooked

So here are a couple pics of my finished rebuild. See my other post for details on what I did. A couple other notes on this (Sorry for the length, maybe you'll find it interesting. I'd be interested in your stories of how you got hooked on big Infinities): 1. The sound. I'm a bit surprised...
  6. AZDean

Another RSII Acquisition

So, I won't call this a score, because at $250, I think I overpaid, but I didn't want to wait anymore. I live in Phoenix, and these don't pop up very often at all, so I found this pair in LA and picked them up on the way back from spring break with my wife and kids. It was a tight squeeze! So...
Back
Top Bottom