Search results

1. wrbear

Hurricane Harvey

We survived the storm and high waters but just barely by the grace of god.......but I wonder....
  2. wrbear

Are people at thrift stores that stupid?

Most of the people that work at the local GW's are handicapped. I think that's great. It gives them an opportunity to make a living. Maybe your mixing up a "handicapped" person with what you think is a "stupid" person? or are they one in the same???? hmmmm...... I see them doing something wrong...
  3. wrbear

If not Armor All then........ what ?

It leaches out the oils of the plastics/vinyl via the heat/baking effect. I'm from South Texas and it destroyed certain parts of my cars due to this issue but to each their own. I think it's a heat/sun issue. It would be interesting to know what those that don't have problems do as in if your...
  4. wrbear

Hub cap puzzler

Olds.... http://hubcapsonwheels.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=49&products_id=1110 Edit: Woops missed the post above...never mind....
  5. wrbear

Reston, Virginia - Any members from Reston?

Thanks for the great input! Commuting is going to be minimal but the rent will be higher to achieve this so the input drives that home literally. Everything I've read tells me its a good place to live temporarily. Looking forward to the experience.
  6. wrbear

Well all things considered this is going to be a history adventure among other things. Texas is so spread out you take a day to get there and back with just a couple of hours between. Looking forward to the year!
  7. wrbear

I understand. I was once in a hotel room and I could hear the couple two doors down.
  8. wrbear

I understand Chris. I hate Houston at times myself. It's daunting. I don't see much that is affordable there unless you live really far from work.
  9. wrbear

We found a two sardine apartment for $$$ vs $$$$. We are testing the waters so to speak before we go all in. We plan on moving enough for an apartment for around a year then we can figure if we want to go all in. I did read that the center was a nice place with lots of activities. I think it's...
  10. wrbear

Yes I'm looking at a condo in the Town Center area. I will be minus an arm and a leg when all is said and done.....snort. Cost of living is 50% more in those parts. I am looking forward to a new beginning near the career end. As far as traffic, I tend to drive in slow moving parking lots here in...
  11. wrbear

Hi Chris. I have not. We plan to get there and stay at a furnished apartment for a month and look around for an apartment. We were thinking of just staying on the job for around two years and then retiring there and returning to this area (it's a permanent transfer). So I've read a bit about...
  12. wrbear

Hi! Moving to the area next Saturday. Looking forward to it! Any ins-outs in living in certain areas? We are currently looking at a condo in the "Town Center" area. This would put us around 1.6 miles from the orfice. Those that know traffic and the general area please chime in or just represent...
  13. wrbear

Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

I went to the restroom and emptied the bladder. I knocked it on the side of the urinal a few times and zipped up....walked a few paces out the restroom and peed a little bit more......sigh....
  14. wrbear

What TT's do you folks have

In the garage.......the rest in the house.... Intervention time. :(
  15. wrbear

So, you're out with that special person...what mood music?

Dunno.....when I was movin and shakin I had a BIG water bed with the mirror ceiling, back in the day. The bottom right corner said "Objects in mirror appear small than they really are".
  16. wrbear

Windows 10: Where Do You Use It?

Mine locked up this weekend on a scheduled of Windows 10. I couldn't get it it to start in many ways. I was lucky enough to go back a couple of updates and that took. Beware!
  17. wrbear

Has anyone tried Romex as speaker wire?

Not trying to be ornery here but these are minute details. Has anyone had their hearing checked lately? That might just negate the differences in the copper used.
  18. wrbear

Mcintosh owners snobs

Just go read "Animal Farm". That might clear it up a bit.
  19. wrbear

Are online download sites for manuals reliable?

I'm not sure how many SAMS Photofacts has. Does anyone know if they have an extensive library? Is it a broad range? I usually download the RCA Victor 45 player manuals for restoration. They have those. I get them for free. I live in Houston, TX and joined the library via the internet and got a...
  20. wrbear

Are online download sites for manuals reliable?

SAMS Photofacts is also a good source from many manuals. I'll need to try Electrotanya.
  21. wrbear

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

This is funny....especially "Groundhog Day" funny....
  22. wrbear

Are you serious? I've seen some of the pics I posted on here, again, and didn't even blink an eye. Some of US have a life and can't police ALL of the sites let alone a place that's supposed to make you laugh. It's ironic people post things they just cut and paste from other sites and get...
  23. wrbear

and a #1 hit was born.......hmmmm.....
  24. wrbear

Well....I finally pulled the "trigger"....don't hear much of a difference though.....maybe I have it facing the wrong way.....hmmm......
Back
Top Bottom