Search results

1. fershure

What's the weirdest record you own?

Here's a couple from my collection to add to the weirdness Songs for Swinging Larvae Renaldo & The Loaf Ralph Records RL-8108 1981 Weird stuff. Dr Demento weird. There's a line on the back cover that says "All Transformations Realized without the Use of Synthesizers or Juvenile...
  2. fershure

How many Vargus covers are out there?

There's this one in post # 26 in this thread I'll make it easy. Here it is: I'm sure that's her. I forgot that Cars' cover was Vargas' also. Thomas
  3. fershure

Creepiest actor or actress?

Did I not notice if anyone else thinks Gary Oldman is creepy? Thomas
  4. fershure

MFSL Original Master Recordings

I never heard of these till today. I just found Goodbye Yellow Brick Road a couple hours ago at the local GW. The last song is playing now as I type this. I came online to research these MFSL Ultradisc CDs. It sounds incredible. I must have heard "Bennie and the Jets" and "Saturday Night" a...
  5. fershure

LP covers with abstract/modern art

Joan Miro from Edgar Varese's private collection "Tete d'une Femme" Jean Dubuffet 1948 Not exactly abstract or modern but from the airbrush pin-up king - Alberto Vargas Thomas
  6. fershure

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

EPI 100V speakers. Spotted a pair of EPI 100V yesterday 4/21 at the Meeker Street emporium (Gospel Mission thrift). Meeker street downtown Kent. $15.00pr Look decent but need new surrounds. Sorry if I shouldn't post about non CL stuff. Thomas
  7. fershure

Stylus for M91-ED

VN-35E is for the V15 type III cartridge. I don't think it will work correctly with the M91 ED. From LPgear with no affiliation: http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=SHSV15IIISER Thomas
  8. fershure

3300 Preamp recap

Thanks EchoWars. Just what I wanted to know. This is my first recapping of SS gear with PC boards after practicing on a $3.00 Realistic phono amp which had a total of 10 electrolytics. Lesson learned: check boards before ordering. Now back to my project. For posterity here's a link that...
  9. fershure

3300 Preamp recap

Hello Sorry first post in a long time and all I got is questions. I studied the service manual and ordered replacements for all of the electrolytic caps. Then when I looked inside my preamp I noticed there were some changes. Some of the 1uf caps were changed to mylar and 4 of the power...
  10. fershure

40 Years Ago...

"Living across the country from my home town (N. Babylon, NY)" I was three and living in North Babylon NY. Small world eh? I remember sitting in my front yard playing with a beach pail that had flowers on it. One of the teenage neighbors came by and said my bucket had "flower power"...
  11. fershure

Win NEW vinyl - Soundstagedirect.com contest

Soundstagedirect.com
  12. fershure

Audiokarma’s 6th Anniversary Contest

I'm in
  13. fershure

Anybody recognize these Jensens?

They could be very nice. Is there a pair? I have some Jensen drivers that I pulled from a 1958 console. I wish I could find cabinets like that. They are very efficient and they sound great. If you haven't already check this site out http://www.hifilit.com/hifilit/Jensen/Jensen.htm Thomas
  14. fershure

Kenwood KA-8006, KT-8007, and B+O 4703

Thanks for the diagnosis and link Echowars. BrassTeacher: Thomas
  15. fershure

Kenwood KA-8006, KT-8007, and B+O 4703

Greetings These components followed me home yesterday. $69.99 +tax. I found them in an antique mall of all places. The mall owner said someone was in the day before but couldn't get them to power up but I was welcome to try. He also had had these tagged as a "mid-century" stereo system. When...
  16. fershure

Marantz 2338B help

I have a 2238B that had weird intermittent problems with a buzzing noise. This noise would come and go on its own and sometimes go away as I manipulated the buttons. There was never a problem with the mono switch on. I cleaned all the switches and potentiometers to no avail. Eventually...
  17. fershure

2238B-Bad Tape 1 Selector Button

Schematic Hello Send me a PM if you want a .pdf of the service manual I've got one of these. I've never replaced that switch though. Those buttons can be quirky though. My 2238b used to have this horrible buzz that would go away when I pressed the mono button. Then it would eventually let...
  18. fershure

Sx1000tw

Depends on line voltage My service manual says 3A 110v/117v/130v 1.5A 220v/240v Thomas
  19. fershure

V-M 1465-2 tuner

Greetings I just found this yesterday in an antique mall. A place that I never find anything usually. Not much good stuff and when there is the prices are always very high. This was only $14.99. It looked pretty clean so I picked it up. Alas the matching amp was nowhere to be found. I powered...
  20. fershure

VM mono block question

Thanks for the replies. I tried everything. Adding the plastic washers was actually the last thing I did. The only thing I didn't do was disconnect the 5-way posts and completely reverse that mod. And indeed they must have been shorting to the chassis because now works fine!:banana: I'm back in...
  21. fershure

VM mono block question

Greetings First post in a long while and it's a newbie question, sorry. I'm a bit discouraged and I don't know where else to look. I've had these mono blocks for awhile now. They are from a 1958 Voice Of Music Model 1000 console. I replaced the caps and set them up like this: Since...
  22. fershure

1980 Fiat Spyder...yeay or nay,,reasons?

Buy it Sure buy it. I had a '78 Spyder in the '80s. Someone that I let drive it totaled it. I wish I still had it though. It was a great pleasure to drive. I'd drive it to the wine country in CA and then down the coast with the top down the whole way. I remember the top was easy enough to...
  23. fershure

New to me Sony STR-V7 Monster Receiver

Hey Rex Nice pictures. I thought I'd never see her again :tears: it certainly looks like it survived the trip. Kudos to FedEx :thmbsp: I'm glad you're pleased with the transaction especially since this was my first deal with an AKer. You were a pleasure to deal with. Superfast payment and...
  24. fershure

Pacific Northwest's AK'er's...Sign-in Please!!

Greetings Kent/Federal Way here Thomas
  25. fershure

Today's Rock and Roll Playlist

Steely Dan-Aja Steely Dan-Aja
Back
Top Bottom