Search results

1. S

Sherwood S-7900A - Repair and restoration

Damnit! Was worth a shot. Great thread, buddy. Can’t wait to get this beast back.
  2. S

Sherwood S-7900A - Repair and restoration

Those are some crap transistors you used to replace the old ones. This must be amateur hour!
  3. S

Cornwall II Vertical circa 1969

Sold. Looks like they went to someone who was thrilled to have them. Thanks everyone for the input on this thread. Wish I could have restored these. Tom’s getting the Yamaha!
  4. S

The receivers were in fine condition. Just needed a deoxit bath and some bulbs replaced on the Marantz, which I happened to have on hand. I'll easily make up what I paid by just selling the Marantz and Sansui. I'm a little on the fence now about fixing the cornwall tweeter holes. Started...
  5. S

Drivers for woofers look to be the same model number and original. Was one just re-coned? Here are some pics of the inside.
  6. S

Got a response from Bob. Looks like I'll probably have to restore the tweeter hole back to it's normal size / shape. My plan is to first clean up the rough edge on the side that was cut. Next I'll cut a piece of wood (any recommendations on type?) to fill in the space that was cut out. I'll...
  7. S

Ahhh great idea on the adapter. I will look into that.
  8. S

Ugh you are right. I just pulled off one of the tweeters and some idiot cut out about a quarter inch of the opening to fit these tweeters. Whyyyyyyy? Now I feel obligates to fix these. It’s like a work of art ruined and I’d hate for someone to trash these later after realizing the modification...
  9. S

Thanks fellas. It's nice to learn about some of the history of these! The input connectors are further up toward the top of the back of the cabinet. I'm not sure what those two holes are for above the label on the back. Now I'm wondering if the input connectors were modified...The ones on...
  10. S

Yeah those tweeters are strange. Are those easy to replace? I think they sound pretty good but I'm not a big speaker enthusiast so I'm not sure how they sound from somebody that knows what to listen for. Like I said, I'm probably not keeping these because of the size, so should I bother...
  11. S

How rare was this version of the cornwall II? How do they compare to the other styles of cornwall II's? I can't seem to find much info on it. I picked up a set this weekend, plus 3 receivers (Marantz 2220B, Sansui 5050, Yamaha CR-420) for $340. I couldn't believe it myself but that's all the...
  12. S

Sansui 4000 help needed

Just want to thank the person who started this thread. I did the same thing to get the FM dial to stay on in Aux, tape, phono, etf. It works great!
  13. S

Sansui 4000 missing bottom panel, but have wood case. Any subs / workarounds?

What is the aluminum grill material called? I.e. What should I search for? Not sure if it is the same as the 2000a. Thank you for the suggestions!
  14. S

Sansui 4000 missing bottom panel, but have wood case. Any subs / workarounds?

Hi, I recently acquired a Sansui 4000. It's in great condition except it is missing its bottom metal panel (that the feet attach to), its feet, and the wood cabinet is in awful condition (veneer peeling / missing on top). Is there any other Sansui model that I could sub its bottom panel in...
  15. S

2385 Faceplate Removal and Lamp Housing Replacement

I would opt to repair / reinforce the lamp housing, unless you can easily find a replacement. They aren't many reproductions of these housings, and your model is very rare, so you may have a hard time finding a replacement. To reinforce the housing, cut some wire mesh to fit around the housing...
  16. S

6300 TT - Problem with one channel volume

I noticed that the pin that holds my cartridge on is missing. Maybe it has never been there. But I noticed it because it just fell off after messing with the cartridge a little. When I put the cartridge back on, the channels came through clear. I'm going to see if I can find something at Home...
  17. S

6300 TT - Problem with one channel volume

I thought I'd create a new thread, since I couldn't edit the title of my original thread, found here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/1060-phono-input-issues-low-volume-in-left-channel.715038/#post-10134469 Here is some background: I've cleaned the contacts with deoxit on the...
  18. S

1060 Phono Input Issues - Low Volume in Left Channel

I did the tape monitor test and both channels were coming through, but it was hard to tell if one was weaker than the other. The problem is hard to diagnose sometimes because it doesn't always happen and is unpredictable. I switched it back to phono and it was playing fine out of both...
  19. S

Marantz 6300 TT Platter Issues - Needs help spinning sometimes

One year later and the 6300 has been spinning without any issues. Thanks to everyone who helped and provided input!
  20. S

I've been meaning to post an update for forever! I have localized the issue to either be the audio cable from the turntable or the needle itself. I tried switching left and right phono input cables and the weak channel does move. So how can I determine what the issue is? I notice that the...
  21. S

I had just thought of doing that yesterday and forgot to test it when I was home. I'll try to remember to do it tonight. Hopefully it is the cables, as that should be an easy fix, no?
  22. S

I forgot to mention that the volume in both channels on all of the other inputs is fine.
  23. S

I'm not 100% sure this is an issue with my 1060 or my 6300 TT. I've cleaned the contacts with deoxit on the 6300 male inputs and the female end of the 1060 inputs. When I play a record, the volume in the left channel is substantially lower than the right. I can sometimes fix the problem by...
  24. S

Need Help Acquiring Feet for 6300 TT

Does anyone in here have any good sources for getting feet for a 6300 TT? I'd like to get the originals, but they seem to rarely come up on ebay, and when they do, it's usually just 1 foot and it goes for $90. It seems crazy to spend $90 per foot for a turntable, but what do I know. I'm on a...
Back
Top Bottom