Search results

1. scottdavis08

Magnavox CDB-650 vs. Oppo BDP-83

I bought a Magnavox CDB650 at a thrift store for $100. Beautiful sounding unit. I like the sound better than my Rega Apollo. An amazing cd player!!
  2. scottdavis08

Rotel RA-840(late 70s?) - sound issue

Built in 1968.
  3. scottdavis08

Kef reference 101 would beatifully match with which amplifiers and sub woofers?

I'm confused? He just said 90 dB. That's quite high. It would not need a high powered amp. It would need the opposite a nice low powered tube amp maybe. The reason I'm bitchin, is I've read 90/pink noise???, and 81 db. Which is it?
  4. scottdavis08

The best performing tube tuner

I own the Fisher 400, and wasn't interested in radio until I tuned this baby on to jazz channels! I know it's not the best, but if it's this good, I want to hear what's better!
  5. scottdavis08

Anyone Like Dynaudio Speakers?

I got a pair of entry Dynaudio emit 10 speakers the other day. Very different from the British speakers I've been listening to. They definitely need at least 2 to 3 days break in time. But they sound much more smoother than before. I was cussing and punching the walls, the very 1st time I heard...
  6. scottdavis08

Value of Sansui 5000a Receiver?

I just found one of these at the recycling box in my hometown. Beautiful and functions the way it is supposed to. I'm one of those guys that never find anything for free. Especially audio. But there you go. Plays very nice. I'm loving the sound from it!!
  7. scottdavis08

FISHER 400 vs. today's NEW Tube Amps & seeking Speaker suggestions

I found a fisher 400 on CL, about 4 years ago. At the time, I had a HK 730, and a Rogue Audio integrated. To make it short and simple, the Fisher 400 is my go to receiver. It has a certain elegance to its performance. The sound is amazing, and it works very well with many speakers. If I move...
  8. scottdavis08

Mission 707s, info anyone??

Hey Gordon, I took your advice with seas tweeter upgrade. These 707s sound delicious
  9. scottdavis08

Rogers LS2 need tweeter help?

Seas has their version td19. I think they sound a bit less harsh.
  10. scottdavis08

Mission Owners’ Thread

Here are my newly refoamed Mission 761. I also have the Mission 707. I had to refoam all of them and took someone's advice about replacing vifa tweeters with seas tweeter td19. They sound really good to me!!. To me, Mission have great speaker sound designers that are trying to bring their...
  11. scottdavis08

Mission 707 Speakers thoughts and opinions

With the new Mission 770, and 700 speakers being redone from this line, that should say something. I picked up a pair of these at a thrift store for nothing, and expected nothing. Got the woofers refoamed, and tweeters replaced (vifa d19 for the Seas d19). BLEW MY DAMN WORLD AWAY! These sound...
  12. scottdavis08

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

I will never sell my Epos Epic 2 speakers. I'm really digging the Dali Spektor 2s, and the Theil CS 1.2 speakers.
  13. scottdavis08

Thiel CS 1.2 repair

I have done pretty much the same thing. The newer scanspeak in sound are well built. The surrounds are of a softer material/not hard plastic. I am soldering the 2nd woofer on today. Also, tweeters seem bright, but man with the right amp, these sound great with jazz, and make me want to listen to...
  14. scottdavis08

Fisher 400 FM drops out at 3 minutes

I have a question about the on/off switch. Mine sometimes would not power up. So i sprayed some deoxit on switch under the panel. I then plugged it in, and it turned on, with the switch still off. Some slight smoke. I quickly unplugged it. Came back and everything is the way it should be...
  15. scottdavis08

Fisher 400 stereo troubleshoot

I know nothing about restorations to audio. Anyway, my receiver was not cutting on. I removed the off/on knob, and untighted the flat nut on the switch, and then sprayed deoxit, working this off and on switch back and forth. Eureka!!! These units are very old and have to be hit with...
  16. scottdavis08

Fisher Tube Receiver Advice

I have my Fisher 400 going into a Schiit Mani! I'm going to have to spend alot more to get a better sound! Not a tube phono preamp, but great nonetheless!
  17. scottdavis08

Triangle Borea BRO3

Thank You for the reply on this forum. I just ordered a pair of Triangle bro3 the other day. I think it has been now about a year 1/2 since i bought the Epos speakers, so I'm very excited to see what the BRO3 are like. They will be mated with a recapped Fisher 400 receiver.
  18. scottdavis08

Triangle Borea BRO3

Thats cool to hear. I'm also getting closer to throwing some money down on a pair of the Triangle BRO3 speakers. My dream speaker would be a pair of Harbeth, Spendor, but we are talking thousands of dollars. I have become a huge fan of the Epos Epic 2 speaker. I am really astonished at how good...
  19. scottdavis08

Triangle Borea BRO3

I have been reading the reviews on Triangle BRO3, and Titus EZ. Anyway, i found a pair of Epos Epic 2 speakers about a year ago. They are by far, 1 of the best sounding loudspeakers I've ever heard, for the money. So, i came to this forum/page out of curiosity. The BRO3 is going to have to be...
  20. scottdavis08

Where would you rank vintage integrated tube amps?

About a 1/2 a year ago, I found a Fisher 400 receiver off of CL. Recapped, replaced tubes. I brought this home and began playing records through it, and was totally blown away! This amp replaced my Rogue audio Sphinx V2, which I thought sounded pretty good until I hooked up the Fisher. Its true...
  21. scottdavis08

Mid-Fi DAC choices?

Just bought a SMSL SU-8 dac to play my Onkyo c7030 through. I do not like it. The Onkyo cd player's default chip is much much better on its own. I guess next i'll try the Schiit Modi multibit. I own the Schiit Mani phono pre, and it smokes at least 4 or 5 preamps that i owned or had owned. Not...
  22. scottdavis08

Epos Epic 2

2019, and it has been almost a year since i found a pair of Epos epic 2 speakers on CL. I have owned quite a few speakers, and these are some of the best i have heard. They never fail to amaze. I play them hooked up to my Fisher 400 receiver, and play vinyl via Mofi studiodeck/Nagoaka mp-200...
  23. scottdavis08

Best DAC chip

Looks like im playing the same game i did with sub $500 phono preamps. That was until i bought the Schiit mani with Swagman labs psu. At any rate, i can't find anything that sounds close to the audio spectrum that Schiit Audio put out, so either multibit modi, or bifrost, i will try. I truly...
  24. 20190831_111905

20190831_111905

Your right everything is better with cats. My cat Zoe!
  25. scottdavis08

Any impressions on the Parks Audio Puffin ?

I own the Puffin, and Lounge Audio LCR MK III. I am not crazy about either one. When i bought a Schiit Mani combined with a Swagman labs psu, then i began to get excited. I own a Fisher 400 with Epos Epic 2 speakers. It may be my combo, but the Schiit mani for very little money is an...
Back
Top Bottom