Search results

1. chapps

Yamaha C-4 post-fix -- 2 dB lower right channel

SO I had the intermittent phono problem on the Yamaha C-4 -- one channel dropping out. After reading the threads I narrowed it down to a single wafer on the phono section. After reflowing the solder on all those small wafer PCB connections, I got phono to remain solid. Then I reflowed all the...
  2. chapps

Anybody besides me think this price is ridiculous??

This is on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/285501315202?hash=item4279345882%3Ag%3AL98AAOSwAaVlHBzw&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336650889&customid=fastsidebar&toolid=10049 But sorry, I don't get it. :confused::dunno: EDIT: One upmanship!!!! :D see...
  3. chapps

Where have all the p-mounts gone? (cartridges)

EDIT: I forgot to clarify I trying to outfit a Technics SL-L3 " everything " preset linear arm turntable. Where have all the p-mount cartridges gone!!:confused: 1. So Audio Technica has just 2 cheap p-mounts. I cannot replace my AT311EP !! :confused: What is the next best to the AT311EP? (<...
  4. chapps

Reliable power conditioner with constant voltage transformer under $200??

I think the last thread on this was in 2017....so hopefully this will not be flamed with "use the search"!!! Even better if under $100 6-8 outlets DC filtering?? Voltage stabilization...?? I'm pretty clueless in CT.....need to protect 4K TV, AVR, turntable, and the like. Comments please
  5. chapps

COMPLETED: Help! Turntable motor whining -- video with drive dissassembly

This link below is the shows the drive of my turntable. You can see how the record drive sits in the motor. The white stuff is lithium grease after I cleaned the shaft and the receptacle. I did this because there was a whining sound from the whole assembly -- it just audible to the naked ear...
  6. chapps

Yamaha R-2000 -- volume pot problem --rebuild?? service request

I have a Yamaha R-2000 that works fine on all inputs etc. The volume knob was very , very scratchy so have given it 2 rounds of Deoxit. After the second round the pot is still scratchy with one other problem -- it is hyper sensitive to moving the volume knob and the volume can become blaringly...
  7. chapps

Help: Pony Pickup speakers from Philly, PA to Greenwich, CT or nearby (Stamford, CT)

I am looking for help getting a pair of speakers from Philly, PA to Greenwich/Stamford, CT or nearby. I have not bought the speakers, which is contingent upon getting a PE settled. If anyone can help am happy to compensate. Please PM or reply to thread.
  8. chapps

Recapping service for German Braun Regie 550 receiver

Is anyone willing to take on recapping a fully working German Braun Regie 550 receiver? The receiver is described here; Braun Regie 550 HiFi Stereo Receiver Manual | HiFi Engine Regie 550 CEV550 Radio Braun; Frankfurt, build 1976– (radiomuseum.org) The second link has schematics....... The...
  9. chapps

AK member @Donkey Karma saga update....please beware

I previously posted on a long going situation about AK member @Donkey Karma . The original thread is here for reference Donkey Karma -- Transaction Gone Bad | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums 1. I sued @Donkey Karma in Michigan Small Claims Court. I collated all the evidence...
  10. chapps

Need service help on Braun receiever

Don't know where to post this.... Is someone willing to service my Braun Regie 550? Please PM me.
  11. chapps

Help--turntable button size

I'm trying to find replacements for the ffw and cue buttons on my Sony PS-X800. I need only the chrome caps, not the whole plastic button. After contacting a well known source, I was quoted a ridiculous price. So.... I noticed that some Sony PS-X series have similar buttons, but I cannot tell...
  12. chapps

Isolation feet - Sony PS-X800?

Another difficult to get part for this turntable...like everything else for it. Anybody know if any other Sony TT feet will work with the PSX800? The TT I have came with feet missing or jerry-rigged stuff. So I do not know what the original specs are. Thanks!
  13. chapps

Can you sit on these ADS L710s?

Grills or chair seats? :biggrin::biggrin:
  14. chapps

220V Step up question -- cassette player runs little fast?

OK. So I got a Braun 220V cassette player. After fixing it up I got a cheap 220V step up transformer rated 100W. The Braun service manual says 220-250V & 50Hz and 21W. However, the tapes are running at a faster speed. Ladies are quite high pitched and men are sounding like girls! :) Ok, Ok...
  15. chapps

Sony PS-X800 -- small push buttons needed, or are they hen's teeth?

I need to find replacement buttons for the Fwd and Back buttons on the Sony PS-800 turntable. These are small slim buttons that control fwd and rev movements of the tonearm. Also, the power button (power on/off button). I have searched the web, but they are tough to find as original parts...
  16. chapps

BIG Thanks to @Audiofreak71 and @Mister Pig

A huge thanks to @Audiofreak71 and @Mister Pig for their kind help in getting a turntable to me from Tacoma, WA to Cos Cob, CT. It was a pleasure to deal with @Audiofreak71 right throughout our communications. And with super packaging help from @Mister Pig the TT made it here safe and sound...
  17. chapps

Tacoma, WA: Turntable pick up and ship -- will be very well compensated

I am looking for someone in Tacoma, WA or nearby to pick a turntable from a store and ship it to me on East Coast. I am happy to substantially compensate you. If you can, please PM me. Thanks!
  18. chapps

Refurbishing Marantz HD770 speakers

I have had a Marantz HD770 that is in excellent working order, but is really showing its age cosmetically. The drivers look good but I was wondering if a refoam is needed or would it help preservation. The cabinets are quite a bit beaten up, but still solid - - - cleaning them would really...
  19. chapps

ADS L810 vs PIONEER HPM 150 vs PIONEER HPM 100?

Can someone enlighten me on the pros and cons? I have the ADS L810 and, my oh my, are they good!! But one searches for greater budget sound Is it to be found in the Pioneers??? Comment away... EDIT: Just saw the glowing review by @donberry of the 150 couple threads below...
  20. chapps

Tacoma, WA--pick up and ship turntable; very generous compensation

I am looking for someone in Tacoma, WA or nearby to pick a turntable from a store and ship it to me on East Coast. I am happy to substantially compensate you. If you can, please PM me. Thanks!
  21. chapps

COMPLETED: Tacoma, WA--pick up and ship turntable; significant compensation

I am looking for someone to pick up a turntable in Tacoma, WA and ship it to me on East Coast. I am happy to substantially compensate you. If you can, please PM me. Thanks!
  22. chapps

"All Channel Stereo" -- What does it mean?

My receiver -- maybe others too -- has an all channel stereo setting. It sounds like audio is coming from all speakers equally but also from no place in particular. I have 5.1 speakers. Does that mean both left and surr left are one channel stereo, and so with right/surr right?. And sub gets...
  23. chapps

Dust Cover dimensions for Sony PS-X800 - To fabricate

For linear tracking Sony PS-X800 Can some kindly soul please post the exact dimensions of the dust cover for the Sony PS-X600 turntable? I know it has a angular front. I want to see if I can get one fabricated. Any ideas on this business is also appreciated. Thanks !
  24. chapps

Hummm + Popping ???.....from Braun Regie 550 SS Amp/Receiver: Service needed?

OK. I have 2 Braun Regie 550's. Both are beasts in the audio department, and with ADS L810 speakers it's a real nice sound. I just love these amps too much. Problem one: 1. One unit has a easily audible 'hum' from the speakers that can be drowned out when I play music. 2. The other unit is...
  25. chapps

Donkey Karma -- Transaction Gone Bad

EDIT: At this point I must issue a caveat about dealing with @Donkey Karma. I am trying to contact member @Donkey Karma . I have tried email, texting, several phone calls (goes to voicemail) and AK private messages. Unfinished business. I paid for speakers in January 2019. Yes. That long...
Back
Top Bottom