Search results

1. S

Denon DRM10HX painfull sounding motor noise when power on

I'll probably get frowned upon for saying this ( :nono: ) lol but I had this idea for a bodge job, basically, try and level the drum out by attaching something like a wire from the rod that holds the drum (this part doesn't move) to somewhere on the end. good idea?
  2. S

I'm glad I only paid 20 odd quid for it then, there's still a chance (be it small) of me finding the mech alone for sale.
  3. S

daaaamn! well, I guess you're right as it is lop sided! is this a write off then? :thumbsdn::tears:
  4. S

hi guys opened it up. this is some pics now :scratch2: the one where I added arrows on in ms paint, that's the direction of where the belt went when I last powered it on :no: not good? yeah, under that drum, - it didn't quite go under but got very near, after that it all stopped spinning. The...
  5. S

Yes, I did say 'when power on' so you turn it on and you can hear a motor wirring when no 'play' sign is lit up. :no: Only just got this deck. When that's happening you can open the door, and I put my fingers on the spools to see if they were rotating but they're not. Haven't tried connecting...
  6. S

best sounding and best features Denon deck?

I want a Denon deck, which ones are the best? I've heard some are poop. I feel with the twin deck ones they'll be a compromise with the sound, but maybe that's just my weird feeling. :scratch2:
  7. S

What's anyone heres opinion of the Tascam da30 mkII?

Right got one now, and got it working too. the notorious "error 1" but was fixed easily with a youtube video and some belts I had ordered. I have 1 question though, about that tray design where you put the tape in. what would happen if one was to put it in the wrong way or upside down? there's...
  8. S

Top 10 holy grail cassette decks?

1 AKAI GX-912 2 technics RS-B465 don't know any other decks
  9. S

DAT tapes aging vs analog tapes ?

interesting you say that fortycoats cause that's why I started getting DAT decks in the first place, I have a desire to re-create 90s music, and I work with a 1990s style studio, for electronic music, so roland synths and akai samplers etc etc which will deffo give off a 90's sound, but that's...
  10. S

DAT tapes aging vs analog tapes ?

We need to start a petition for Sony to revive DAT tape production! I wonder if they'll do it haha
  11. S

cheers for the quick reply! yeah the MK 1 also looks good!! I'll probably pick up which ever comes up available first for a good price. Heard nothing but praise on Tascam DAT recorders!
  12. S

Wouldn't mind getting one, I mean, it's got to be WAY more reliable than a SONY DTC range!!! Specs look mouthwatering, plus they look sexy with its sleek black and orange display, not that that matters, but it sort of does if you consider studio equipment p**n! Would love to hear anyone from...
  13. S

bad DAT tapes or bad DAT machine?? (sony DTC)

@ jbl64 you are one lucky guy! haha, I've not heard of that model but it looks around the same era, early 1990s
  14. S

ok I've cleaned the drum head with isopropyl. but still got problems recording to this batch of Quategy tapes, maybe it's true that, if you're using a sony DAT deck, the best tapes to use it their own brand!
  15. S

Ok I'll do that. I thought these dat tapes would be an ideal way to archive some music that is off cassette. hehheh
  16. S

Now I know what you're thinking:- of course it's the machine squatski - you just mentioned it's a SONY DTC (Designed To Cock-up) but some tapes work properly, all the way through (without digital hic ups and drop outs) these are mainly sony's own brand of tape. but the ones that suffer the...
  17. S

unwanted filter'y sound opening up on Technics RS-B465

Thanks! all sounding crispy now! there was alot of crusty dust on the playback head. and yeah, as usual I guess with this place - isopropyl came to the rescue! there was also some hard dust on the actual capstan that I scrapped off. and alot of dust all over the place which I blasted with some a...
  18. S

thanks for the reply, haven't had time to check it yet but tomorrow I have time. It's quite subtle sometimes, and other times very noticable, it's more noticable when the tape is near its start position and end position. so it might be mechanical and something to do with the pinch roller like...
  19. S

No matter what tape I put in, I can fastforward (whilst playing) let go, and you'll get a loss of treble for about 1 second then it will slowly fade in no matter where you are on the tapes. something wrong with the deck? or are my tapes stretched and/or worn out? :(
  20. S

slow rewind / fast forward on an Akai GX-912

Thanks, emailed him, looking at the kit, it doesn't look like an idler wheel tire is included but there's no harm is asking.
  21. S

by the way, when I touch that larger belt, it does seem quite weak. I dont think it has anything to do with the bad ffw/rw though. If you look at pic 5, the motor that (to me) does all that work is top/middle of pic 5. That tiny pin from the motor onto the small wheel, which swings from left to...
  22. S

Right! well, I bought a belt for the machine. I've done that now (it's actually just the one to do the trapdoor business!) but to my horror I saw there was a 2nd much larger belt on two massive wheels? I don't even know what the wheels at the back are for. I've uploaded pics. It's damn hard to...
  23. S

I have just bought one of these, I'm sure some one here knows of them, anyway. Everything is fine except for the fast forward and rewind are slow. What could this be? the 2 little black bits that actually spin the spools of the cassette, is it possible they've worn away? (the little fish-fins...
  24. S

Left speaker on sony MDR-v6's not working

these are official sony MDR-v6 just incase you're reading (there are fakes about apparently) anyway, Left side is dead, opened it up, looks like it's not a wiring problem because the way it works, it has to go to the left first - then out of that can - around - into the working right side. I...
  25. S

Servicing a SONY DAT machine (Pictorial)

ok, it MIGHT be working again now. so far no stoppage of the takeup reel. what it comes down to I reckon is 3 things. Motor: deffiently not the motor (in my case) Belt: belt seems fine, not too tight not too loose Brakes: well here you got 2 problems the pad brakes and the ring brakes.
Back
Top Bottom