Search results

1. antman07442

Dog woke up paralyzed.

Our 13 year old chocolate lab, who we lost about 3 years ago was diagnosed with "old dog disease" by our vet. I went to take him out one morning and he could not walk. His back legs were not functioning. The vet indicated it was "old dog disease" or Vestibular disease in geriatric dogs is...
  2. antman07442

New Led Zeppelin? Greta Van Fleet May be the Ones

I heard this band several weeks ago and thought "is this some lost zep track ".... did the search and really liked what I heard ... will be grabbing the new release later this month! I checked their tour dates ... coming to NYC in December .... two shows already sold out .... would love to see...
  3. antman07442

Did you ever have a dream so vivid, you could not be sure if it was real?

I have found lately that eating a great deal of green veggies will enhance the vividness of your dreams
  4. antman07442

Recommend me a set of inexpensive bookself speakers, less than $200 used

Andrew Jones designed a bookshelf speaker for pioneer that sell for under $100. I have a set as my rear channels and they perform nicely.
  5. antman07442

Foo Fighters new album.

I saw the Foo fighters about two years ago at citifield .... one of the best shows I have ever seen! A great deal of good solid rock! And this was the tour where Dave Grohl was confined to a chair due to a broken leg.
  6. antman07442

Holy Shit! NJ honeypot-tubes, tables, Quads

It appears that the sale is posted again for tomorrow .... "Many items are gone, but many more to sell. SATURDAY 9/16 @ 10:00 AM-4:00"
  7. antman07442

Estate sale find

Thanks John - I cleaned it up a bit - but no testing ... do I need to run something like a tester on the variac before actually plugging it into an outlet?
  8. antman07442

Estate sale find

Tried that ... I could see the photos I dragged into the post ... but no one else could
  9. antman07442

Estate sale find

I used a cut and paste ... but will try to upload
  10. antman07442

Estate sale find

I shared this within another thread ... and want to share my cool find with the general discussion ... paid $25 for this bundle. Not sure if the tube tester works yet - but I intend to test it ... and I bought it really just for a shelf piece in the media room because it has a cool look ...
  11. antman07442

Estate Sale 300 Stylus Find

Holy mackerel there was so much stuff still to be picked through yesterday when I stopped by .... I picked up a few fun things for $25 ....a B and K model 700 tube tester ... unsure if it works ... but thinking it will look cool as a decoration if it doesn't ... audited strobes cope disc...
  12. antman07442

Estate Sale 300 Stylus Find

Was that the sale in Towaco? I thought about heading to that sale and still may go Sunday ... but frankly it seemed a little overwhelming ... and I did not recognize anything that I might be able to use? What did you think of the sale? how were the prices? I saw some albums in the photos -...
  13. antman07442

Chrome Cast Audio on sale

I agree - mine sounds fine connected to my Aux port ... but for another $25 I would not mind the experiment to see if the sound improves ... The sound improves just by tinkering with the settings for the Chromecast (which I learned thanks to a fellow AK'er) and I am thinking about a 2nd...
  14. antman07442

Cart recommendations ...

Thank you - from what I can tell the stylus is the N95ED ...
  15. antman07442

Cart recommendations ...

Does anyone have any recommendations as to replacement/upgrades for my turntable carts ... My first table is an ARXA it has a Pickering - V15 Phase IV cart on it. The next table is a Marantz 6100 has a Sumiko Oyster on it. The other table is a Pionerr PL 15D II has a Shure M95ED on it. To...
  16. antman07442

Phono preamp recommendations

Thank you all for the responses! To clear up the confusion, my goal is to primarily obtain the best sound with the equipment I have and secondarily if possible have a second turntable in my main listening room. To that end I have moved the Marantz to the main room, and currently have my ARXA...
  17. antman07442

Thanks
  18. antman07442

First, I want to be able to hook up a second turntable to my recently acquired Marantz 2240 ... my budget would be between $50-100 ... Second, I saw a few tube preamp on Amazon within this price range ... any one using something along this line? Finally, here are my choices as to turntable...
  19. antman07442

New to me Marantz 2240!

Bob - Thank you ... What should I look for in a preamp and will it impact the sound of the turntable or the receiver?
  20. antman07442

New to me Marantz 2240!

I recently saved a Marantz 2240 from being sent to a recycling center by my spouse's cousin ... saw the marantz sitting amongst a pile of misc. audio ... and asked what was up with the pile of stuff? "yeah we are going to take it to the recycling center ... but they only take one piece at a...
  21. antman07442

Any one else on a diet? Share tips and encouragement.

Tyeeslayer, You and I are right in the same wheel house ... I am 50 about 5'10" and now weigh in at 194 ... down from 208 about a year ago ... I do a significant amount of weight training 4 days a week ... about 1.5 hours in duration ... I do not restrict calories but I do restrict the time in...
  22. antman07442

Pioneer SX 50 Series. Finally got all 8!

wow - very nice - curious also as to if you have to hook them up separately or do you have the receiver going into a switch to drive the speakers?
Back
Top Bottom