Search results

1. Paul Loflin

the "better in mono" playlist

Would like to pose this question, is the American Graffiti soundtrack released in mono? Listened to mine the other night and swore it was mono, can't find details on the jacket regarding the same, checked discogs and wikipedia, neither had any specific information. Thanks a bunch!
  2. Paul Loflin

UFO fans/ UFO (5) ‎– Official Bootleg Box Set 1975-1982

Didn't realize that had gone out of print, it's good but not worth over $400. The full box may be on You Tube, I concur with the 73-79 anthology is essential and has some tracks from this box, also you can download the Record Plant set from Wolfgang's Vault. There is a truncated version of this...
  3. Paul Loflin

Led Zeppelin Remasters

Favorite comment so far, "Squeeze my wallet...till the bills run down my leg" Doesn't matter, sign me up for the super deluxe of each!
  4. Paul Loflin

Deadwax RL Question

Nice choice! Love the Loodvig!
  5. Paul Loflin

Deadwax RL Question

Listening to "2112" as I type this... Mercury 1st pressing LP... Really-good-sounding record in typical Ludwig fashion ("Ludvig"... Hee-hee. :D Or better yet, "LOODvig"). Right now I'm using it to help me dial in exactly the right amount of antiskate for this cartridge. Nice choice, I have...
  6. Paul Loflin

Deadwax RL Question

Led Zeppelin II Billy Joel - The Stranger Pat Metheny - As Wichita Falls... Dokken - Under Lock And Key
  7. Paul Loflin

Yes - Fragile - Bad Pressing?

Found some Yes albums, Yessongs mastered by GP, an "H" version, took it out of the shrink wrap, found a nice copy of Fragile, an original pressing, a later original if that makes sense, the Atlantic records inner sleeve advertises Physical Graffiti and the first Bad Company, also the booklet is...
  8. Paul Loflin

Thanks a bunch, heading out to a couple of record stores this morning over in the LBC, maybe I will find some Yes albums!
  9. Paul Loflin

Does anyone know if George Piros mastered Yessongs too? Thanks, Paul
  10. Paul Loflin

Soot is a bad thing

Sorry to hear of your loss, I hope you and your family were not hurt, the trauma of a fire is something that will stay with you forever. I experienced it when I was in college, a guy named Mike Shelton burned the building I lived in to collect insurance money on a clothing store he owned. I...
  11. Paul Loflin

Songs referencing vinyl

John Hartford - Don't Leave Your Records In The Sun
  12. Paul Loflin

Offical Frank Zappa Thread

Glad this thread got started, got my YCDTOSA box set out the other night and listened to Volume 2, The Helsinki Concert. Intro to Zappa was Hot Rats when I was way too young, then Over-nite Sensation in high school. Didn't really appreciate what he did until my thirties, been a fan since...
  13. Paul Loflin

Your Favorite Sound Test Songs

Here's a list that has been developed from listening and other threads here at AK. The artist is listed where it is not obvious or might be a cover version. On Green Dolphin Street 4:03 Barney Kessel, et al. - Jazz My Baby Just Cares For Me 2:21 Tony Bennett - Jazz Passionelle...
  14. Paul Loflin

LP Cuts or CD Tracks You Wish Were Longer

"Birmingham Blues" by The Charlie Daniels Band from the Nightrider LP.
  15. Paul Loflin

Unexpected Masterdisk RL (Robert Ludwig) Dire Straits find!

Recently found both Dire Straits BIA and Led Zeppelin HOTH with RL in the deadwax. However on the Zeppelin record the RL only appears on side one, can someone please jump in and let me know if this is the common way to find RL mastering on this record and if his initials are only on one side...
  16. Paul Loflin

Alan Parsons Project

I recommend, "I Robot", seek out an, original vinyl copy I believe you will be pleased with the sound. It's a common record and it should be easy to find one in excellent condition.
  17. Paul Loflin

I want to buy around four CDs

Check out the Lightnin' Hopkins box set.
  18. Paul Loflin

Dylan fans

I wrote my 11th grade term paper on him. Have always been a fan of "Blood On The Tracks". I also like is pre-fame "folkie" period as documented on the "Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3". I'm still a major fan today though I don't share any of those liberal ideals. The "Basement Tapes" is great...
  19. Paul Loflin

Your Last Concert (or two)

Agreed, every time I go to an store performance i thank Mark for bringing some culture to us punk rock heathens. Factory Dave has a great store going too, he is an interesting guy, love his Boba Phat alter ego. I mostly hang out at Vinyl Solution, the guy that works there on Saturday...
  20. Paul Loflin

Lou Reed & John Cale - Songs for Drella

That is very cool, didn't know there was video, I believe they performed it a few times at the NY Academy of Music. I bought limited edition that came encased in black velvet , the cd has a screen printed day-glo picture of Warhol. Also the LP version is superb, a stock WB pressing, it sounds...
  21. Paul Loflin

Cruising Around Maui Listening to the Radio

The best place to snorkel with the sea turtles is Honokeana Cove just before Napili on the lower road. The property is closed for renovation but you may be able to get in to the cove.
  22. Paul Loflin

June 14, 2012 pizza party at TKO Records in Fountain Valley, CA: The Skabbs
  23. Paul Loflin

June 1, 2012 at the Observatory (former Galaxy): GBH - (Headliner) Far From Finished Monster X No More Saints
  24. Paul Loflin

MY Time Out!

Sacrilege
  25. Paul Loflin

Help ID a "Supertramp" LP.

I have that very same "Now Playing" holder
Back
Top Bottom