Search results

1. c-eling

The Wall. Which one?

US 1st, it should have TML in the wax, sounds near identical to the US Fatboy Pre-Emphasis CD, which I actually prefer :) I've heard good reviews for the UK and Japan also especially because of the oil crisis back then, US vinyl was quite noisy during this period
  2. c-eling

dissapointed in SACD ?

Sold off all my PG SACD's for a nice profit a couple years ago, these were sourced from the remasters, I prefer my old 16/44 originals, I guess it comes down to what master you prefer... @ the OP, I've read good reviews on the Marantz units
  3. c-eling

The Lounge MKIII is absolutely amazing!!

Another happy owner, I think Robert said he run's them prior to shipping, so burn in should be short, I ran mine 24hrs, sounds great and looks beautiful :)
  4. c-eling

Having some of my favorite LPs digitized?

It should, no reason it wouldn't, remember this hobby is about having fun, try a few different things, it's all about how you like it to sound, not me or anyone else! :)
  5. c-eling

Yep, it looks like you could use the pre-out, looking at the specs, how's the phono section on this amp? If you like how it sounds your good to go!
  6. c-eling

Nice! Yes, if your receiver has a phono in it already has a built in pre, so what you could do is use the analog out into an ADC, yes there are quite a few to choose from, I've used the Focusrite 2i2 (24/96) problem free for about three years now, mainly depends on your budget as Ben above...
  7. c-eling

My set up includes Player->Phono Pre-->ADC (Analog to Digital Converter)-->PC via USB Time is about "length of album" plus usually 15-20 on cutting, cleaning from pop's and tiks, I like my results, I have cats, it's the only reason I do transfers,lol I lucked out on this transfer, no de-click...
  8. c-eling

Looking for a USB DAC +/- $500 w/ volume knob

Hope you enjoy the DC-1! i replaced a energy hungry Onkyo AVR with one, using it as pre/dac, the sheer amount of inputs/outputs was the clincher :)
  9. c-eling

PC transfer...

I'll add another thumbs up for DB, great converter, I use it for my lp transfers- wav. to Flac :thmbsp: Remember though, using DB to convert 24bit wav to 24bit Flac make sure to use the Preserve bit depth DSP
  10. c-eling

Sampling rate myth: 192kHz is better

Pretty much the same boat, been using a FR 2i2 for my transfers for a couple years now, it's maxed at 96, which may be overkill but I'm happy with the way they sound, I think quality of the lp, the ADC, cart and pre- play a more important role, but who knows, I'm 43 and my hearing is probably...
  11. c-eling

Another Day, Another Technics

Hope it gives you many years of satisfaction, I've had a 1900 for about 4 years now and as posted above it's a tank, I've probably done about a 1000 lp transfers with mine so far with no hints of slowing down, one issue though, no VTA, but it was easily fixed with a thicker cork mat, will keep...
  12. c-eling

Sharing dac in Erc-3 CD player

I agree Mike, If I didn't already have an old Oppo for sacd and a SBTouch for streaming I'd probably grab one! :)
  13. c-eling

Sharing dac in Erc-3 CD player

Marantz makes a nice one :) http://www.musicdirect.com/p-204928-marantz-sa8005-sacdcd-player.aspx Some of the higher up Oppo's also
  14. c-eling

M97XE with new cables and Catmann is correct

He was let go in July, not sure on the reasons, contributed great info, but as on here had issues with anyone that didn't partake in his way of thinking, If that's his FB page I can see he has some severe anger issues... Anyways I hope he finds peace
  15. c-eling

Emotiva Pro Stealth DC-1

I have not tried a BNC adapter and the DC-1 does not upconvert, one of the reasons I bought it, For some odd reason I had to engage and dis-engage the audio out via tos through my tv settings everytime I wanted to use it, so a no go for the tv for me, no big deal. Like you I'm using mine as a...
  16. c-eling

converting vinyl ... help needed

Focusrite 2i2 works great for me, I also recommend an outboard, A sample I did today of the RSD Neworder lp, no-de-click, nice press :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsl88a1ihwvfubf/Pro-Samp.wav?dl=0
  17. c-eling

Let's see and hear about your coolest 12" singles:

I agree, this is one nice sounding 12
  18. c-eling

A cheap DAC for DTS/AC-3 working well???

Not sure if they make a personal DAC with DTS decoding since it is a Trademark technology, your best bet maybe to find a cheap 2/multichannel avr to decode it to PCM, good question though :)
  19. c-eling

Replacement headshells?

I have two Ortofon SH-4 headshells, one for my serato and another for my Denon DL-110, very nice :)
  20. c-eling

Finally Done with Ebay Turntable Purchasing

Lack of korect shpeling would of tipped me off:D Hope everything turns out ok for you, actually I thought it was a descent price, especially coming out of Traverse, I bought a used table about three years ago off ebay with no issues, if I ever buy again I will instruct in how to properly...
  21. c-eling

Vinyl to Digital: Behringer UCA 222

I've had the UFO model for a few years, they are nice effective units, a great plus was having the left/right channels equal output and you can't beat the price, I've since grabbed a FR 2i2 as I wanted 24/96 but it's tough getting the LR balanced on it :)
  22. c-eling

Has anyone spun the new PINK FLOYD 'Division Bell' reissue?

It is quite possible for this release also, the lp sounds nearly identical to the 24/96 that is offered in the box set, the lp is less harsh but it may be due to one's setup, as far as SPARS codes go, my old US CK cd does not list one and they cannot be trusted, I have Glass Tiger-The Thin Red...
  23. c-eling

Quality of new 180 gram pressing?

Well said!
  24. c-eling

Quality of new 180 gram pressing?

For me the only benefit I see in 180's, easier to handle when cleaning, plus I've read they are more prone to non-fill issues due to cooling, no not usually common, like Condorsat stated probably a bad run, remember just because it's on wax does not necessarily mean it's better. I buy new...
  25. c-eling

Best sound quality software in real world

Of those listed, some are free, others have a trial, I think all are bit-perfect, so sound quality wise is going to be based more on your DAC and the master of the audio itself, I voted other, I use LMS, as I have a Squeezebox Touch for my main audio, I've read quite a few good things about...
Back
Top Bottom