Search results

1. Monteman

Sansui cabinet labels on Ebay

Thank you- They are nice and professionally made. I sent them back one time during the proof process because they were not perfect, and they finally got them exactly like the originals. Ebay has not responded to my appeal on their decision and charged my credit card the full amount of the sale...
  2. Monteman

Sansui cabinet labels on Ebay

I was the seller for these. The set icluded one "Passed" round label and one "Caution" label. I was in the process of doing a few cabinet restoations on my own gear so I decided to have a label company in Phoenix reproduce them for me. The minimum amount I had to have made was 200 of each-and...
  3. Monteman

Looking for service on my Mitsubishi LT20 Linear Tracking Turntable

I have the belts, but need to have it adjusted so it will work properly. It seems like not many techs are willing to work on these tables even though the service manuals are available. I'm willing to ship anywhere in the U.S. Thanks in advance
  4. Monteman

Anyone have experience with Circle Stereo?

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to chime in about this guy and what is currently going on with him. I sent a Marantz 2235B in for the restoration years ago. The work that was done was shoddy, the FM was not working in Stereo, and it took forever to get it back. Only now is the...
  5. Monteman

I'm finally getting Back into vintage gear again after a hiatus.

I'm finally getting Back into vintage gear again after a hiatus.
  6. Monteman

MAC 1700 aftermarket volume pot-use as a last resort!

Unfortunately I did not do my research before wasting 90.00 on a piece of junk from a dishonest seller. I've been on Audio Karma since 2006 and have learned a lot about what to avoid. I wished I would have researched it first. I read the earlier posts. Thanks to all who replied.
  7. Monteman

McIntosh 1900 Volume Control / On-Off Switch Replacement

Same here. MAC 1700. A 90.00 dollar hard lesson learned. The pots he sells are JUNK.
  8. Monteman

MAC 1700 aftermarket volume pot-use as a last resort!

Bought online from the auction site (hifiaudio) I paid 90.00 plus for a supposed "high quality" replacement pot for my MAC 1700. 1. The shaft was too long and had to be shortened. 2. The mounting threads were too short to go through the front panel leaving the panel unstable. 3. The volume knob...
  9. Monteman

Ampex Mark IV Speakers

These Ampex Mark Three made by the same mfg? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-AMPEX-MK-III-HOME-AUDIO-SPEAKERS-SOUND-GREAT-/190722683267?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2c67f53183
  10. Monteman

Ampex Mark IV Speakers

Ampex branded speakers I bought a set of the Ampex branded Mark IV along with a Sanyo 20363 receiver, and a Sansui SR-2050C turntable. I cleaned up the cabinets, removed the flaky trim rings. The drivers are not top quality. The mid and high crossovers work as they should. The dimensions: 21W...
  11. Monteman

New Old Marantz 5G speakers . . .

Some before restoration shots, Marantz 5G's Doing cabinets first while I try to find either replacement foam grilles, or go to cloth grille cover.
  12. Monteman

New Old Marantz 5G speakers . . .

Reproduction Foam grilles out there??? I just picked up a pair 5G's for 40 bucks from the original owner who lives 6 blocks from my house. He bought them in 1974 from a long gone music store in Aberdeen WA. As usual on top of the cabinets there are plant watering, beer bottle, drink glass water...
  13. Monteman

Garage/estate/yard sale strategies

Excellent spot on advice! When I have the occasional garage sale sometimes a junk dealer, or professional Ebay seller stops in and tries to haggle the price down to an insult. I tell them I don't sell to dealers unless they pay my asking (reasonable, fair) price. If they persist, I won't sell to...
  14. Monteman

a question ONLY for those who cheerfully listen to CD's AND vinyl

For me...It depends on the Artist and the album in question. Typically I will purchase on CD first, then later the vinyl on Ebay. Sometimes the price I pay is less, other times it ends up costing me more. For the first time since I could remember I bought a vinyl record album from a (very busy)...
  15. Monteman

What's a cool looking receiver?

@ Juliegirl and anyone else.. have you ever listened to MUSE? They restored my faith that someone is still making good ROCK music.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2_SSNpcgc
  16. Monteman

What's a cool looking receiver?

I like this one, A Setton RS220. BOTL, but still a nice, unusually designed receiver..I've owned Settons (RS220,AS3300, TUS600, and TT-11) since 1978!
  17. Monteman

Hello Geert- I will send you the PDF files for the Settons to your hotmail address. Look for...

Hello Geert- I will send you the PDF files for the Settons to your hotmail address. Look for the files in 1-2 days.
  18. Monteman

Good DVD player for CD playing?

Oppo Hey Vistance- I understand your position on the Oppo. That's unfortunate, because I purchased an Oppo DV-980h (not a Blue ray player) used for 125 bucks. It was like new, came with the box etc and software updates. I have it hooked up to a Sansui G6000 and listen to standard CD's through...
  19. Monteman

Setton power-up/flickering problem: Solved.

I have a Lafayette LR5555A with the same switch/problem. The thing is a thumper when powered on. The power switch contacts were burnished which cured the problem...for a while. If it doesn't get powered up for a time the switch contacts oxidize. Usually what I end up doing is move the switch...
  20. Monteman

Technics SA-616 receiver ?

Technics SA-616 My brother gave me his SA616 (FREE) that he purchased new in 1981 for about 700 dollars. It has been in his garage for quite some time. Lucky for me the unit is in good shape, just needed cleaning. This thing is a monster! It sounds like other Technics I've had in the...
  21. Monteman

Setton museum-complete

Setton Site Great job Henry- I have sent numerous copies of Setton service manuals to various AK members over the years. It's nice to see a link I can refer them to as well. Nick
  22. Monteman

Hello- Sure, I'll send a copy of the manual. I need an email address. Nick

Hello- Sure, I'll send a copy of the manual. I need an email address. Nick
  23. Monteman

Laserdisc Enthusiasts>Helpful Tip:)

...Well, at least I didn't have to pay anything for it. Guess I'll look for another one to replace it. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  24. Monteman

When a Family Member wrecks your Gear

OK, so that was mean. Sorry, I'll take those comments back. I truly hope you get the issues resolved.
  25. Monteman

When a Family Member wrecks your Gear

Still no excuse. Goldwax needs to either take ' em out of the wife's purse, or grow a pair.
Back
Top Bottom