Search results

1. C

Opinions before i make it awesome, or blow it up? Pioneer SA9800 + NAD2200 for 4 and 8 ohm speakers

Because after a discussion here about a year ago, it was brought to my attention that mixing 8ohm + 4ohm speakers was asking for trouble to burn up the SA9800.
  2. C

Opinions before i make it awesome, or blow it up? Pioneer SA9800 + NAD2200 for 4 and 8 ohm speakers

I currently have my Pioneer SA9800 running a pair of Dynaco A35. (8ohm) I would like to add another set of speakers to the other side of the room. Advent smaller loudspeakers (4ohm) and have my NAD 2200 amplifier power those. Can I put a Y splitter on the back of Pioneer between the pre out...
  3. C

Vintage JBL ID challenge... help!

Thank you! Now I know I probably cant afford these!
  4. C

Vintage JBL ID challenge #2!... help again!

Another pair of JBL. About 2.5 feet tall and same wide. Wood grills. Anyone know what these could be? (They currently hooked up to 800c the Fischer, and sounded fantastic) Thanks for any help and opinions!
  5. C

Vintage JBL ID challenge... help!

Hey, there is an estate sale going to happen near me. I'm trying to figure out what these are. They are on legs and is a pair. About 3 feet wide. The crossover pic was taken through the front grill. Than ks!
  6. C

Pioneer SA9800 is safe 4ohm Speaker A & 8ohm B?

Ok so I will NOT combine 8ohm and 4ohm speakers to play simultaneously on A + B speaker outputs. I have a nice pair of Definitive 350 monitors. Those 8ohm. I assume it's safe to mix different models of speaker both 8ohm on the SA9800? Thanks all for the very helpful information.
  7. C

Never worth blowing up an amp! Thanks
  8. C

I have a question with may or may not be simple- I have a Pioneer SA9800 that I currently use with a pair of Dynaco A35 speaked (8ohms) I just acquired a pair of Advent smaller speakers (4ohms) Would it be safe on the Pioneer to run speaker A and B at the same time with each speaker set being...
  9. C

The Stanton 681EEE really is different then any previous cartridge I've ever heard

It's a round shank nude diamond - Instead of a .2 x .7 elliptical as the original, it’s a 5/75 hyperelliptical.
  10. C

The Stanton 681EEE really is different then any previous cartridge I've ever heard

I recently brought back to life an inherited 681eee. It needed a new stylus so I sent it to get a new diamond on the original 1970s cantilever. Previously I have used a Denon 301 mkII and a Dl110. Before those I used Ortofon 2m blue. The denon's are great and never had a complaint. Sound...
  11. C

Starting to explore what my inherited Stanton EEE can do

Well I got the stylus back in the Mail 2 days ago. (joseph long retip the original stylus) I set it up, aligned everything and installed the brush. My review- wow it's nice. Very crisp. A little less bass then the Denon 301II that I was using. The Denon is the silkiest cartridge so it will...
  12. C

So far I definitely prefer the sound to my older 2m ortofon Blue that I was running on that particular table. Even if it has a bit of sibilance
  13. C

So I spent another half hour with the protractor and scale, making sure all the setup can be as exact as I can get it. Thanks for the input, I have not dipped it any different brands of Fram or Castrol oils... It improved and removed maybe half the ssssizzle S. If I wanted a retip is...
  14. C

(My main goal of this post is to possibly gather fresh opinions about a new stylus?) 2 years ago I bought my Niece's Dads record and music collection. Along with that was a few cartridges. So I finally hooked one up and I do really like the sound. I took it off a old dusty Philips Turntable...
  15. C

I have a headshell part from old turntable used for quad. What do i have?

You are soo 100% correct!! That was the turntable in the garage! Now i know what this is. Thanks alot!
  16. C

I have a headshell part from old turntable used for quad. What do i have?

2 years ago i helped my neice clean out her father's estate. There was a container of old cartridges and i removed a stanton eee fron this. I remember there was lots of quad system equipment if that helps? Im trying to figure out what turntable this was from, and if people are looking for...
  17. C

Any help with Identifying the possible DUAL spindle part?

I have a Dual spindle AS-9. In the original box i got it in is this clip in the box too. Is this metal clip part of this spindle or even a Dual turntable part? Thanks!
  18. C

Maybe i finally found the speakers i have been looking for?! Dynaco!

Yes, DLK are one of the more common speakers i find around here.
  19. C

Well. since i do my shopping almost exclusively at Garage and yard sales i may never hear those ohm walsh you speak of... but i do frequently drive past the Magnepan factory and offices (white bear lake, MN) and daydream about finding a garage sale of an employee from there with a bunch of nice...
  20. C

I just realized one speaker has 8 silver screws around the woofer. The other has 4 black screws. Something seems screwy?
  21. C

I have a basement room where i work on things and have a stereo setup to keep me company. I started with sansui sp x8700. Had them for a long time and were just too big and didnt love the sound. So i found some Bose 301 series II. The space is small sounded not good and these had to go! Then...
  22. C

Just found a horde of cables. Can i have help Identifying these? Custom?

The best cable in there is a single older Spectral. Ill have to go back today and see if more could show up? The rest are monster 1000 and similar which i would guess to be a good step upward from my previous bargan cables! (Photo for comparison of my switched out cable)
Back
Top Bottom