Search results

1. Webechillin

SX-D7000 Resurrection advice needed (or exorcism)!

Well......I did, I found 220K resistors for R132 & R134, (I put them in) should have been .220K or 220 ohm, NOT 220.1k like my meter said! Later
  2. Webechillin

Just an observation checking transistor voltages.... Q104 to and including Q112 voltages fluctuate a volt or 2 on say 95% of the leads checked, (Voltage climbs steadily then returns back down), & repeats. while everything after Q110 is steady. And while checking Q104 & pushing down on the...
  3. Webechillin

Ok, I did the Q102 & Q104 fake out but still get +53.26V @ the emitter 's junction, It does slowly climb up, about 10mv every 2-3 seconds. I watched it for about 5 min. I'll get the other voltage readings for all the indicated schematic call-out baloon's & get back & here's a pix of my...
  4. Webechillin

All joints were resoldered, and every resistor, cap, zener, & diode, in that channel was checked, After I do the above, do I try to set the DC balance & bias before I check the individual transistors voltages? Or does the workaround disable that? Thanks MTF, I was expecting a "value meal"...
  5. Webechillin

OK, the amp is definitely "railed". Greetings! Ok! put back together & yanked Q102 & I got +53.45VDC at the output emitters center junction....not de-railed yet, still a train wreck? Do I smell a phase 2 check cooking? Thanks, Webechillin
  6. Webechillin

Ok, I'll pull the Q102, & see what I get, It might be a couple of days before I get to it, have to put it all back together, & long work days interrupt. webechillin
  7. Webechillin

Subs for these, Q122 (A904), Q124 (C1914), Some suffix letters on a couple of these are obsolete, 512-KSA1013YBU to-92L current 512-KSC2383YBU to-92L obsolete, YTA is available ---or--- 512-KSA1220AYS to-126 current... I have some of these 512-KSC2690AYS to-126 current... I have some...
  8. Webechillin

What receiver/amp did you buy for $10 or under?

Does "FREE" count? Sansui 1000A Receiver Needed some filament re-wiring. Roberts 770X, worked but too big & clunky. Teac A4010 RTR, needed a few transistors in the preamp. AR B303 speakers, almost mint! sound great! Pioneer SX-980, picked this up in exchange for some PLC...
  9. Webechillin

Just a pix with the transistors I have on the board now, the part numbers are included on the pix next to the parts. I am almost convinced I have the right ones in the right places with the right orientation, It was hard to determine what some of the transistors part # is supposed to be, due...
  10. Webechillin

I read thoseleft channel voltages before I hooked up the output transistors and set the bias, I can, and did set the offset to 0VDC and it stays there. had to read it from the .47ohm resistor center lead, relay doesn't close. These I measured across the resistors Q116 (r124 1.423v), (r128...
  11. Webechillin

Ok, I did that & read all the output voltages with no DBT I installed the Phoenix For Q102 I have a KSC1845FTA All 8 output voltages NO DBT, Meter to gnd. No outputs plugged in. Left & Right channel with bias pots set to CCW looking directly at the pot. Right Channel Pin # 16 72.9V Q4 C...
  12. Webechillin

Hi & I appreciate the help very much, I'll have to get to the voltage request's tomorrow, I have to go to work soon. The output sockets are new Phoenix connectors, I'll have to check on the offset voltage compensation transistor, & go through the post's to make sure. I did put the TO-126's...
  13. Webechillin

Hi all, SOS I mean SOP, (save our Pioneers) I have been trying to get my $50 craigslist find SX-D7000 going for a few months now, and would be forever indebted for some “direction” from anyone on where to go next. I found it “hacked” with wire wound emitter resistors for the right channel...
  14. Webechillin

Favorite Pioneers

The one that Works I have an SX-980 I brought back from the Dead, and enjoy it too much. A problem I discovered the 980 created is the structural inadequacies of my "room", aka. house, EVERYTHING Rattles, buzzes, vibrates, resonates, etc. IT'S HORRIBLE! What can I do? My next fav will be the...
  15. Webechillin

Seasoned Newb from South Bend Indiana

Lucky Thanks All, and tomrich22 I just lucked out fixing the 980, Yours looks great, As far as Steam Punk goes my last Steam project was not intended as such, it just evolved into one. Kind of a kluge that was too weird not to work. I didn't get any pictures, (not wanting any evidence to...
  16. Webechillin

Seasoned Newb from South Bend Indiana

Hi All, Greetings from South Bend Indiana. I signed up at AK a while ago & never did an intro. Here it is finally After finding this forum & lurking for a while I thought I might have a chance to resurrect my Pioneer SX-980 that was just sitting around half dead. There is so much advice &...
Back
Top Bottom