Search results

1. M

What TT's do you folks have

Currently using a Thorens TD 125 MK II with SME 3009 improved tonearm. About to purchase a Bryston table but not sure which cartridge at this time.
  2. M

Bi Amping JBL 4430's

Looking for some guidance in choosing the right crossover for bi amping my 4430's. First of all I understand that by going this route I will have a better sounding pair of speakers and of course give me more flexibility in choosing how they sound.I am considering driving the bottom end with my...
  3. M

JBL 4430 v. JBL 4341

Just seeking some advice and opinions on both of these speakers specifically the 4341's. I may have the opportunity to do a trade with my 4430's for a pair of 4341's plus some cash on my part. I have never had the chance to audition the 4341's and don't really hear much about them as they where...
  4. M

Bi Amping JBL 4430's

Thanks guys, all great suggestions and I agree that all of Zonkers fixes are all very worthy. As I have already located a Bryston 10B since I last posted I'm just looking for a decent little tube amp to power the top end. I have no knowledge whatsoever with tube amps so any suggestions on good...
  5. M

Bi Amping JBL 4430's

Thinking about bi amping my 4430's and looking for suggestions on amplifiers and crossovers. I am currently driving my JBL's with a Bryston 4B-ST and was considering staying with Bryston products where I can and start the combination with a used Bryston 10B crossover and have no idea what to use...
  6. M

New to me Tangent RS8 speakers! Wow!

When I was in high school I worked at a high end audio shop in Mississauga,Ontario and we where one of the first stores to retail Tangent speakers. I owned a pair of TM1's and always lusted for the RS 8's. Very good bang for the buck and high quality construction. Classic British speakers of the...
  7. M

Stacking JBL's

Got a bit of spare time on my hands and wanted to stack my JBL's and have a listen just out of sheer curiosity. I'm looking for the safest way to do this without chancing any damage to my equipment. I am driving the speakers with a Bryston 4B-ST and want to power my JBL L-65 Jubals and my JBL...
  8. M

Jbl 4331b

Scotch ;)
  9. M

Jbl 4331b

Getting there,just waiting for my tweeters to get back from paint then figure out what to do about crossovers.
  10. M

Jbl 4331b

11. M

Jbl 4331b

Thanks, hoping to have them all together and sounding great by the end of the week. I'll take lots of pics of the final project.
  12. M

Jbl 4331b

Here is a pic of the finished cabinets below
  13. M

Jbl 4331b

Just got my cabinets back today and they look really good for what I had done on them. I decided to not re-veneer and just get the original finish restored to the best possible conclusion. I'll send pics as soon as I get some help to get them out of my truck tomorrow. They aren't perfect and you...
  14. M

Jbl 4331b

Yes, that price includes the pair of 2405's as well but I can still work on the price with guy and see if I can work him down to 600.00 anyway.
  15. M

Jbl 4331b

O.K. I have a line on a pair of 3133 crossovers with a pair of 2405's and the right L-Pads all for $700.00 Canadian. The serial#s on the c/overs are quite far apart as they are from two different sets of speakers but otherwise they are identical. That's the lowest price I could get him down to...
  16. M

Jbl 4331b

Now if someone can tell me where I can start looking for a set of JBL 4333 foilcals I'll be in good shape. The 4331's foilcals will be put away just in case I switch them back to two ways at some point of time in the future.
  17. M

Jbl 4331b

I think by the time my speakers are done to my liking I'll probably have 1500.00 (Can) in them which isn't too bad.
  18. M

Jbl 4331b

Yes I'm going to keep an eye out for a pair of proper crossovers but in the meantime I don't want to do anything to them that would ultimately detract their resale value. I plan on keeping them but you never know and I think keeping them as stock as possible is always a good idea.
  19. M

Jbl 4331b

Those look fantastic, you did a great job. I'm very anxious to get my 4331's up and running again as they sound incredible(in my opinion anyway). Just need to get them all beautiful again ;)
  20. M

Jbl 4331b

Yes, I did the same thing and just got them a week ago. They look and function quite well, now I just need to build some grilles for these babies although they won't be on the speakers very much ;)
  21. M

Jbl 4331b

Yes I'm sure Nelson Pass has amplifiers we can only dream of at his disposal. I'm driving my speakers with a Bryston 4B SST and it's more than ample right now. I have a second Bryston 4BST that I can use as well when it comes back from service at Bryston in a couple of weeks. Two 4B's would do...
  22. M

Jbl 4331b

Your darn right, I would love to have those crossovers. I read Nelsons article as well and if he's happy with his L-300's I'm sure I would be in heaven. I got to admit though I've been using my Jubals while the cabinets are getting done and they are a damn fine little speaker in their own right...
  23. M

Jbl 4331b

I'm liking your idea of adding the N8000 crossover with the extra pair of tweeters I have (077's not 2405's) and hiding them (crossovers) inside the cabinet. As I won't be doing the actual wiring and mounting I will be asking my tech guy to do this for me for so I was wondering where i might get...
  24. M

Jbl 4331b

So I am still deciding whether or not to leave these speakers original or modify to 4333A specifications. Would I be messing with the value of these on a resale? I'm thinking now of just cleaning these up and try to hold on to them as long as I can (wife doesn't appreciate the size). I should...
  25. M

Mystery JBL Speakers

Yes, I was thinking of just making a deal for a pair of horns as he has one set complete, and enough parts for another full set.
Back
Top Bottom