Search results

1. andruw000

Will dealers trade out factory mounted carts?

Great point, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe I'd be better off keeping the cartridge and selling it unused to someone else. Probably get more than whatever the wholesale cost is.
  2. andruw000

Thanks for the response. The table I'm looking at comes factory mounted with a Sumiko Blue Point 2, which I already own. Was hoping a dealer might remove the Sumiko and credit me with its retail price for the Sumiko, so I can purchase a different cartridge.
  3. andruw000

Many tables with factory mounted cartridges are also offered without a cartridge, however, some are only sold with factory mounted cartridges. Will online dealers (Music Direct, Sound Stage Direct, etc.) remove factory mounted cartridges and credit the value of the cartridge towards the purchase...
  4. andruw000

NAD D3020 Thread

OK, good to know. I'm leaning towards the NAD, as my wife will be able to stream music from her iPhone. I was just worried about the quality of the amp for my turntable and speakers.
  5. andruw000

NAD D3020 Thread

Would this amp be able to drive Wharfedale 10.1's? Which would you prefer? MMF 5.1 + Phenomena II + NAD D3020 + Wharfedale 10.1 OR MMF 5.1 + Rega Brio-r + Wharfedale 10.1
  6. andruw000

Mixing Tube and SS?

Thanks for all of the feedback, guys. Looks like I have some decisions to make.
  7. andruw000

Mixing Tube and SS?

Yes, that's what I figured. It's not really possible to get a clear answer when there are multiple variables. Let's say, for example: Yaqin 23b --> Rega Brio vs. Bugle2 --> Jolida FX-10
  8. andruw000

Mixing Tube and SS?

Thanks for the replies. I am looking to add a tube component, just not sure if I should add a tube phono stage or integrated amp.
  9. andruw000

Mixing Tube and SS?

I tried to search for a similar thread, but couldn't find anything regarding my question. My question is: Generally, is there a preference in running a SS phono stage to a tube integrated vs. a tube phono stage to a SS integrated? Are there any advantages of ss --> tube or tube --> ss? Or...
  10. andruw000

Fixing those scratched dust covers..

So I used the 3M Headlight Restoration System mentioned a number of times in this thread. I followed all of the directions closely and while all of the major scratches are gone, the dustcover is still somewhat hazy from fine swirl marks all over it. I spent around 5-6 hours and I'm really not...
  11. andruw000

Phono Pre: ART DJPRE II vs. DB Systems DB-8

I opened mine up...Hard to see clearly but it appears the top line reads 9271 and the bottom line looks like a square root sign followed by EZ104. Can someone else verify this?
  12. andruw000

ART DJ Pre compared to ...

i have been using the art in my system for about a year. i recently upgraded my grado green stylus to the 8mz and wanted to upgrade my phono stage. after reading over a few different threads, i decided to purchase a rega fono mini. i will readily admit that i have novice ears and don't...
  13. andruw000

Some Audio Upgrade Questions...ZVOX

bump...little help?
  14. andruw000

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

television - marquee moon
  15. andruw000

Ikea Expedit for record storage - show yours!

here is my humble record collection (about 50 or so). the tt is a mitsubishi lt-20 -- thanks to perryrva for bringing it back to life!
  16. andruw000

Roku, Now What?

i've been using a roku since its inception. i have the first version and have not upgraded since then. i absolutely love it. i use netflix, amazon, crackle, pandora, and plex. now regarding the content from these channels: netflix: as mentioned previously, netflix lacks a number of the...
  17. andruw000

I wondered if that was the case since most of the stuff you listed is very expensive. So, to you, or anyone else who cares to read this: Given my current setup, would a stylus + preamp upgrade be a more cost-efficient improvement than a new receiver/integrated amp + speakers, while keeping my...
  18. andruw000

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the cash to replace my stylus, preamp, and ZVOX (amp/speakers). So, the 8MZ would be my best bet initially? Then purchase a power amp to run my ART DJ through, or an integrated amp and forget the ART altogether? I'm looking to keep this under $300. I know I can...
  19. andruw000

So I've been enjoying my Mitsubishi LT-20 for about 6 months now. My cart is a Grado Green. My LT-20 is fed into a ART DJ II, which is then fed into my ZVOX 555. If you're unfamiliar with ZVOX, they make single-cabinet audio systems (mainly for television use). The speaker systems were designed...
  20. andruw000

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

new order - substance
  21. andruw000

Grado Prestige Blue

I had something similar happen to me a few days ago. I called a local store about picking up a Grado Black. He said they had a few left so I decided to head over and grab one. Well, it turned out that he was mistaken and they only had some Blue and Green in stock. As a result, he gave me the...
  22. andruw000

What was the last movie you watched?

The previous poster stated that he didn't want to see the American version as he believes foreign films to be superior to their American counterparts. There is some truth to this as the US does continually butcher excellent foreign films. Why? I can think of two reasons: money and most Americans...
  23. andruw000

Also, I can't comment on the Swedish vs. US Dragon Tattoo films, but I will say that Let the Right One In is superior to Let Me In. In fact, LTROI is one of my all-time favorite love stories.
  24. andruw000

I thought Take Shelter was a terrific film. It was a travesty that Shannon wasn't nominated for Best Actor by the Academy. I knew he was something special when I first saw him in Shotgun Stories, also directed by Jeff Nichols.
  25. andruw000

New Vinyls playing strangely?

I'm in my twenties and only listen to vinyls to make myself look cool. So your comment definitely applies to me.
Back
Top Bottom