Search results

1. mondialfan

The insidious nature of protection relay failures

I had a protection relay issue crop up with one of my own amps recently. This is my personal Nakamichi PA-5, which is a Series 1 version, built in 1985. I pulled the amp out of my audio room to do some quick testing in planning some upgrades and the tests showed the early stage failure of the...
  2. mondialfan

Toshiba 2SC4793/2SA1837

Looks like Toshiba has resurrected these devices in the lower dissipation TO-126 case. TTC011B/TTA006B A DIYAUDIO member pointed this out in their parts forum. Thread here.
  3. mondialfan

Kenwood L-07M II rebuild

I was going to see if some of you Kenwood gear experts have any tips you can give me. I've been repairing some Kenwood L-07's for a local audiophile. These are the first I've ever had on the bench. So far I've done an L-07M and an L-07M II. I've got all of the bugs ironed out of the L-07M but...
  4. mondialfan

New toy, Nakamichi PA-5 amplifier, some pics and measurements

In the past I have had a couple of Threshold Stasis S300's rotate through my system. They were just here for a short while because I was doing some repair work on them for a friend. I wanted to pick up one but the price threshold for Threshold amps is quite high. I've had my eyes on the Nak's...
  5. mondialfan

Acurus & Aragon amplifier bias with A150 test graph

In the past I have had people ask me about setting up the output stage bias on their Acurus & Aragon amps. Not only how to adjust the bias but some people have questioned what the difference is in running a higher bias or lower bias than the factory recommended. Aside from the issues with heat...
  6. mondialfan

A couple of months with Acoustat Spectra 22's and the retensioning transformation

As the title says I bought a pair of Acoustat Spectra 22's from forum member Tomlinmgt a few months ago. I had rebuilt the interfaces on this pair for him a year or more back so I new they were in nice shape and due to the fact I always wanted a set of panel speakers I couldn't pass them up when...
  7. mondialfan

Newly treated room finished

With much help from Michael (Tomlinmgt) I was able to get the audio room acoustic treatment finished this weekend. Michael built up the panels for me over the past few months and dropped by to run some acoustic checks on the room before and then after treatment. Needless to say the difference is...
  8. mondialfan

New DIY amplifier completed

Thought I'd share some pictures of my newest toy. This afternoon I finished up my latest DIY Class A amplifier. I have named it the Frankenamp not only because it uses parts from other amplifiers, but also because its a massive slab of an amp at 65 lbs. I completed the chassis about a year ago...
  9. mondialfan

Newly upgraded Aragon 28k pre

I wanted to share my latest preamp upgrades. It’s an Aragon 28k with a custom external power supply housed in an earlier Aragon IPS chassis. I was always torn on whether I wanted the purity of the earlier strictly analog Aragon models [i.e., 24k, 18k, Aurum] or the convenience of the later...
Back
Top Bottom