Search results

1. J

JBL Horizon Woofer Polarity

Yup, green is positive on the woofer, just looked at mine.
  2. J

KEF Corelli Type SP 1051 - What do you think?

Theyre used with either a Sansui 7070 or a Sansui 881.
  3. J

KEF Corelli Type SP 1051 - What do you think?

I currently own a pair of these as well, very nice sounding 2 way speaker, and I'd personally keep them.
  4. J

NS-200m with STA-2000

Yup no problem! Just dont overdrive the amp into clipping
  5. J

Mixing Vintage with New

Its all about finding what sounds good with what!
  6. J

Estate Sale Bose 4.2 Wow!

Yea. If you position them in the right spot, they really shine. The speakers are marked left and right also.
  7. J

Estate Sale Bose 4.2 Wow!

I have some Bose 2.2's and theyre the same way youve described your's; Excellent soundstage, impressive bass for their small size, and the fact that they have that cool box shape.
  8. J

Are these worth a look?

Okay, thanks for the information! I think I'll go and give them a listen still though
  9. J

Are these worth a look?

They want upwards of a hundred, but they do look somewhat decent. I was thinking of going and giving them an audition
  10. J

Are these worth a look?

I saw these and was wondering if anyone knew the components and if theyre worth taking a closer look at?
  11. J

EPI / EPICURE linear sound logo/ emblems??

I have those badges on my M150's. My m250's have a different badge. My m150's badge The m250's badge
  12. J

Acoustic Research AR 2-AX vs. Original Large Advents

Yea, I'd also go with the 2ax's. I prefer their sound to the advents
  13. J

Yard sale VOTT

very nice find! Those wont disappoint if you have a large enough space for them. Even if you dont, they're still very nice
  14. J

Local JBL 250TI's

Sounds good. Ill have to inquire further about them
  15. J

Local JBL 250TI's

Not too many questions, just a few. How do they sound to you? And is the midbass woofer sealed off from the rest of the cabinet?
  16. J

Local JBL 250TI's

Completely reconed. And yea, its what I was thinking, but its definitely a pricier pair of speakers to be sure
  17. J

Local JBL 250TI's

asking price is 2.5k, how fair of a deal is that? Lower woofers have been re coned, and they are in mint condition, with one small chip in the back, and no grills. Any thoughts?
  18. J

earth rumbling speaker set up, $200 - $300

I have that particular sub, and it will definitely do the trick. It may not go the lowest, but it does go loud
  19. J

sansui 771 with 4 ohm speakers "SABA 1300"

As far as driving a 4 ohm load, I believe that Sansui should be fine, as long as you're only using one pair of speakers at a time. As for how loud you can drive them, well, it depends on how loud you want. If you're looking to go really loud, the 771 probably wont provide the power you want...
  20. J

I want to restore my AR-2ax. Should I do restore on pots, or buy new?

here ya are http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=306818
  21. J

JBL/AR match!

I can vouch for the excellent combination of the AR and JBL sound, as I have my L166's hooked up with my 2ax's and the sound is perfect together. All powered with a Sansui 7070.
  22. J

Technics sb-a33?

I have a pair of these currently, definitely better than some of the stuff technics made. Yea, they use twin woofers, one plays lower freqs, the other acts as a midbass. kinda lacking on the cabinets, its simple particle board that is 1/2" if i recall, and it lacks internal damping material...
  23. J

Pinnacle PN8+ WOW!

Very nice! Pinnacle speakers are pleasing to my ears, I have a pair of PN monitor 200's. If you cant find any info on them, just send an email to the people at pinnacle, very good customer service, they sent me a copy of the spec sheet, and the original ad.
  24. J

driving JBL L-166 with a small amp

That should be fine for moderate listening. I dont go above 10 watts much with mine.
  25. J

Volume pot(s) won't shut off...

thats how my 881 is. Its not a big deal really
Back
Top Bottom