Search results

1. T

Electrovoice Eliminator 2 schematic

Got it ! Thanks !
  2. T

Electrovoice Eliminator 2 schematic

Howdy, guys: I have a pair of EV Eliminator 2 folded horn speakers. Does anyone have a schematic for the crossovers ? Thanks in advance.
  3. T

Thanks so much, and Happy New Year !

Thanks so much, and Happy New Year !
  4. T

Artsy photos of your gear

Nice ! Makes me want to go buy everything you've pictured.
  5. T

How many of you built Heathkits?

Oh yes ! Digital clock, bass amplifier, auto analyzer, several others.
  6. T

What Is Your Level Of Education???

Say that again, a bit more slowly..............
  7. T

W5M Peerless

Thanks ! I've had them quite a while, and they were my main units till I built a Bob Latino ST 70 clone. Seemed a shame to let them sit idle, so a-rebuilding we will go . I'll take your suggestion and keep an eye out for a 16458.
  8. T

W5M Peerless

Howdy guys; Am restoring a pair of Heath W5Ms. Stripping out everything but the choke and transformers. One unit has the 16309 output transformer, the other the later, larger 16458 . Should I expect any gain difference in gain / sound quality ? Thanks !
  9. T

My new Konsole, model?

Wow ! You have a real diamond in the rough there. After some clean up, a thorough restoration and some furniture polish you'll have a piece that will serve you well for many years. Congratulations !
  10. T

Pas3-x hum issues

No, there has been no increase in the left channel hum. As for the new tubes, haven't tried re-fitting the old ones, but that's a good thought. And using another power amp, funny you should ask..........just completed a build on one of Bob Latino's VTA ST70s, and the hum is still there. By the...
  11. T

Pas3-x hum issues

No, nothing else preceded the hum. The Pas was running quite happily feeding a pair of Heath W5Ms, until one day on power-up the hum appeared. It was accompanied by some crackling, but a new pair of 12ax7s on the line stage board fixed that.
  12. T

Pas3-x hum issues

No, haven't tried shorting that resistor. I will. Thanks.
  13. T

Pas3-x hum issues

No, haven't tried replacing all four 12ax7s, but I will. Have no tools, meters, etc. for measuring hum. Just my ears.
  14. T

Pas3-x hum issues

Thank you for your clarification and your suggestions. The PAS has been working quite well for approx. two years after those mods. I believe the mods can be dismissed as the likely culprit. As another respondent pointed out, most components are approaching 50 years of age, and may be due for...
  15. T

Pas3-x hum issues

Take it down a notch, if you please, peterh - Your assumption that the work was not done correctly is just that, an assumption. An erroneous one, I might add. I truly appreciate you chiming in with suggestions, but comments like that aren't helpful. With all due respect, Sir.
  16. T

Pas3-x hum issues

Replaced both tubes on the line board with new production Tung-Sol tubes. Crackling stopped, but hum remained. Your suggestions about checking ps board and perhaps reversing left to right connections are sound. I'll try that and post results here. Thanks for the help.
  17. T

Pas3-x hum issues

OOPs - forgot to say the loudness control is out of the circuit.
  18. T

Pas3-x hum issues

Good. Now that I have questions, I can supply answers. First, I don't have a turntable, so not using phono section. The only inputs to the Pas are a Dynaco CD-1 player and an FM-3. Hum does NOT track volume control. I haven't made any mods other than those I described. Tried re-flowing all...
  19. T

Pas3-x hum issues

Hey, guys; Have a Pas3-x ( as the title says ) with a strong hum from the right channel only. It's been slightly modified with an SDS Labs board to replace the Selenium rectifier and associated parts , Curcio mods to replace the original selector switch and volume pot, and deleted the tone...
  20. T

What does everyone own for tube gear!

My comparatively modest system is; Pair of Heath W5Ms, Pas3X, FM-3, Dynaco (!!) CD player, and a newly-built Bob Latino VA ST-70.
  21. T

Tube Choice For Bass Guitar Amp

Thanks, I'll check them out.
  22. T

Thanks, RWood. This amp is one of their new series. It's 1 year old. And the bias won't be a problem, as there is a simple pot and associated red/green leds on the back of the amp to set bias.I have a set of matched 6L6s previously used in the W5Ms. Maybe I'll roll those into the Ampeg.
  23. T

Hi guys; Have an Ampeg tube bass guitar amp, ( 12ax7s in the preamp, 6l6s in the power section ). I play mostly old-school Country, so I'm looking for a warm, clean sound. The amp was delivered with Ruby tubes in it, and they are a bit raw at times. Any suggestions for replacements ? I realize...
  24. T

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

A pair of restored / modded Heath W5Ms from a Pas3x fed by a Dynaco CDV-1 are playing through Fortes. Was using a pair of Dynaco A-25s but the Klipsch's are a revelation, comparatively speaking.
Back
Top Bottom