Search results

1. damacman

New Boris Blank Album

Resonance Love Boris, Yello, and such. Always have. His first solo effort, Electrified, was quite enjoyable - Big City Grill is really something . . . But Vertigo Heroes on Resonance is next level even. I'm not sure how they've always pulled off the massive soundstage they do, but this...
  2. damacman

MC275 joins damacman's lair

I pried this original from @Mike Gibson 's hands . . . he's only had it since 1972. Mike did a bang up job packing it and it arrived here in the very same condition it left his grasp. In all my years of buying / selling / trading McIntosh, I've only had ONE other MC275. I sold that one in '94...
  3. damacman

How many power amps is too many?

MC225, (2) MC2300, (4) MC2500, (2) MC2600, Bryston 3B-ST, Crown MT2400, Crown K2, NAD 218THX, SAE 2600, Sansui BA-3000, etc. Seems like the right amount to me. Or is there room for one more? Hmmm . . .
  4. damacman

McIntosh guy buys his first SAE!

A 2600 even! Looks like this one spent all its time in a club. Hours of vacuuming and cleaning ahead ... wow. Reminds me of the MC2300 I bought from the long defunct Wrangler night club in Little Rock! I needed a tetanus shot after cleaning that one up ... She supposedly works but it's...
  5. damacman

New Patio System in AZ

And it's freakin' perfect. One click on the volume is ideal for the evening and three clicks is full on party. These 901s just blow my mind. This is the perfect application for them. And man does the bass sound killer ...
  6. damacman

MQ112 - finally!

We been asking for years ... https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/room-correction/MQ112
  7. damacman

Questioning Folklore

Thanks to many incredibly great minds before us, the laws of physics serve us well. Why then are they always on trial when it comes to audio? Is there some kind of secret handshake that goes on behind closed doors which I'm oblivious to? Not one electrician ever told a customer After we get...
  8. damacman

Vintage Audio Values . . .

I've followed the market closely on used high-end audio for 30 years now. Many of you here do the same. It's obviously cyclical and the laws of supply and demand apply. I once bought, sold, and traded. For the last few years, I've mainly just bought. I'm currently sitting on the sidelines...
  9. damacman

McIntosh guy buys his first Bryston!

A really nice 3B ST! She works like a champ and is in pristine condition. News to follow.
  10. damacman

Vfet Stash ....

Well, I knew he had a few spares but man oh man ... all appear to be NOS as well.
  11. damacman

The MC2500 - Best Value Proposition?

Folks are always looking for a metered McIntosh power amplifier which they can afford. I used to say that the MC7270 was the best value in used McIntosh. Since the pandemic, prices on these have shot through the roof. So, maybe not so much anymore . . . everyone seems to want glass faced...
  12. damacman

My Office System - Part 3

Well, it was time to freshen up my other 2300 and I had these two 2500s just chillin' ... so ... One 2500 runs a pair of Polk RTA15TLs One 2500 runs a pair of Rockford Fosgate HX2 18" in big ass vented enclosures tuned to 28Hz Same as before with the 2300s. It's a wee bit psycho ... perfect!
  13. damacman

Multiroom Audio for the Workday

Shop - MA6200 / MR75 / DefTech AW6500s Common Area - C200 / MC2600s / Sansui TU-9900 / XRT22s Shipping Station - MC2500* (via spkr2 of C200) / Mission Bookshelves Loft - biamp SCM7600 / Ashley XR-1001 > MC2300 & Crown K2 / MR78 / Polk RTA-15TLs & 18" Subwoofers In the AM, we do Holmberg on...
  14. damacman

Lost my Buddy Mikey G . . .

On Sunday, I was notified by his daughter that his health had taken a turn for the worse and he may not make the day. Mike passed peacefully at 4PM CST. He was a very young 72. I'm literally numb as I type this. I met Mike in 1994 in Little Rock, AR. I had run an ad in the paper offering a...
  15. damacman

I've Given up Collecting!

No more. I've got amps, preamps, and such coming out my ears. So, I'm good. Unless of course I found the right deal on an original MC275, nice pair of MC60s, or an MC7200 falls into my lap at the right price . . . or if I could ever locate a Nikko Alpha 650, Sansui BA-5000, or Yamaha PC5002M...
  16. damacman

CA-3000, BA-3000, TU-9900 find

A picker friend of mine found them yesterday ... $50 for the set. Those deals are still out there I guess - albeit harder to come by. The preamp and tuner work like a champ but will get a complete cleaning and service. The tuner picks up many stations in Stereo with only an alligator lead...
  17. damacman

McIntosh Power Amps & Hartley Speakers in CA!

If you're in the SF Bay Area, this would be worth a look! https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/santa-clara-mcintosh-mc-2100-amplifiers/7582796668.html Hard to tell if the woofers are 18" or 24" . . . listed as 21", which I do not believe Hartley ever made.
  18. damacman

McIntosh Social Guidelines

If you have a distaste for McIntosh gear, I've put together the following social guidelines for you: 1 - When a fellow enthusiast asks, "Which xxx will sound great with my yyy?" begin your reply to them with, Well, as I don't care for McIntosh, I can't recommend any of that . . . It's...
  19. damacman

Schmutz on the glass - 7083

Drives me crazy about this otherwise really nice unit. Of course it's on the rear of the glass itself, which requires removal of the plexiglass which is stuck on to the rear, on the painted surface. Any suggestions on removing the plexi without damaging the paint?
  20. damacman

Brandi Carlile on Austin City Limits

Her first appearance on the show, the 2nd half with Roseanne Cash being the first, was epic. I had never heard of her prior! The 2nd appearance was good as well, but not quite as good as the first IMHO. This 3rd appearance started off somewhat slow - I wasn't really digging it. Then, when...
  21. damacman

MC2600 - Headed to the Dr ...

It's distorted on power up until it warms up. Began innocently enough but now that takes 10-15min. So, time for some love. Afterwards, whaddya' say we get some power numbers, including what she'll do on 20ms bursts? Cause that's the plan ... I'll grab some video ... Stay tuned!
  22. damacman

Saw The Who last night!

At Ak Chin in Phoenix ... or this shit hole of a refurbished car park as Pete called it ... Lol! In spite of a few sound challenges, they put on one hell of a show. We sat right in the center on the lawn and had just excellent seats. The sound was pretty damn good but the PA just not nearly...
  23. damacman

FM Radio in 2022

Like many of you, I own multiple tuners - KT-8300, MR75, MR78, MR7083, and a TU-9900. Tuning in a program and listening has been a part of my being for as long as I can remember. I enjoy that as much today as I did listening to Kasey Kasem as a kid. Our middle school bus driver used to play...
  24. damacman

MC2300 Sighting on stage

Interesting ... with the beautiful Grace Slick. Don't think that's Papa John Creech's amp as it has the side rails on it still.
  25. damacman

New Speakers! Very controversial ...

I must say, these sounded quite good when I auditioned them. So, I opened my wallet and they came home with me. Speakers, boxes, packaging, EQ, manuals, and tulip stands - all from the original owner and all in primo condition. MC2500 is at the ready ... time to weigh in on this debate from a...
Back
Top Bottom