Search results

1. yonder

Tandberg tcd 3004 on the way.

I occasionally browse craigslist in towns where I have family. In this case Lincoln Nebraska. I see an ad for this cassette deck that is two weeks old and decided to call anyway. Yep, still for sale. I ask for the bottom dollar and yep, I'll take it. Score. He delivered today as promised. We're...
  2. yonder

Allen organ model 90 questions.

Just received a couple of the model 90s One supposed to be restored and the other mostly restored. The one that works sounds very good. The other powers on but the od3 tubes are not working and would like an idea of what it could be. The other question is what does the rotary switch do that is...
  3. yonder

Making a huge plinth

The Gates cb77 is on it's way and thinking of how to build the plinth. I want to use a tree trunk or log from one of the trees on my ranch. I built my own house and used many trees in the process. A huge oak is holding one part of my 2nd floor while walnut is holding another. Hackberry...
  4. yonder

New Jersey help

Anyone care to pick up a big turntable and send it to me? Pick up is in Ewing, NJ. Need the help on this one. I'll pay for everything of course. Bubble wrap, box, drop off at a Greyhound bus station. Thanks Rex
  5. yonder

Disappointed

A little late but just read where Joe is not on AK any longer for an advertising dispute? What a shame. He's a good guy and has helped countless on this site. We're better with him here than without and the free advise he was GOING to give could be considered invaluable. Maybe not free but...
  6. yonder

Fisher 700-T info

Found this brochure and figured I should share with anyone who has one or is interested. Don't need it myself.
  7. yonder

Aiwa ad-f770 what a mess

Recent purchase. Installed new belts and it works well with most tapes. Speed issues with others so watched a video on replacing idler and as usual I was really good at taking it apart. The idler is soft and appears to be ok. Treat it with belt dressing and after it soaks in I proceed to put it...
  8. yonder

Bargains are still out there.

Something kept me going back to a turntable advertised on cl. All it said was Sony tt and not the best picture. The kind that gets blurry with the first hint of expansion. I go to ebay and found a match. Sony TTS3000a with a pua-237 arm. He was asking about 10% of the ebay Bin. Sent an email to...
  9. yonder

Pioneer PLC-590 tonearm option

Curious if anyone uses a 12" tonearm on their Pioneer PLC-590?
  10. yonder

Needlestein retip

Just received my Empire 4000d1 from Needlestein and must say he did an excellent job. Thank you Sir! From all the positive results and his willingness to share his experiences I believe Needlestein should have his own sticky where he can talk about the experience with each cart he retips. I...
  11. yonder

Grace f9 stylus I.D. help needed

Just got this cart and it sounds great. After a lot of searching I haven't been able to identify which stylus it has. I did read where a number of stylus from other brands would work so I am asking if anyone can tell me. Thanks
  12. yonder

Tracking

I don't know about you guys, but to me the new tacking method used by usps sucks. Waiting on two items and the only thing tracking says is it's in transit to my town. Well no sht. They don't show to which Post Office the item arrives or from which it departs. The only update is it is on the way...
  13. yonder

Sanusi sr-929 help please.

Bought an 929 and see there is a weight that hangs to the side. Is this necessary for the arm to work properly? I ask because it is not there. This table has not shipped yet and if that particular weight is required and impossible to find I'll negate the deal. Thanks for any advice.
  14. yonder

Anyone know who made these?

Bought a box of wires/ICs from a pretty high end sale and these were included. The auctioneer said the gentleman had soldered everything together and to save time cut all the leads. Nordost and Kimber are names on some of the other IC's making me think they might be on the high end side of...
  15. yonder

Black widow on Mission 775sm?

Not all that thrilled with my 774sm arm/Denon 103r combo. Too cd like. Sansui 636/signet tk10ml combo much more to my taste. But, I like the 775sm table because it is built so well. So, how would an Infinity Black Widow work/sound on a non-suspended table. Carts would be the Signet mentioned...
  16. yonder

Hunting a preamp.

History: aquired a balanced only rtr and have been using a matchbox for converting to unbalanced into my Sanusi G9700. Always sounded real good but not a direct connection. Messed around and bought mc2 t1000 amp with balanced input's so I could go direct. I now know what the pros get to hear but...
  17. yonder

Bought an mc2 amp

It's a t1000. Balanced inputs so I am running my tapedeck directly into the amp. The sound is very clean with absolutely no distortion. But...some detail, depth, bloom, musicality seems to be missing. I tried my g8000 as a preamp but something is wrong and only one side worked. My question is...
  18. yonder

Mission 775sm or Sanusi 636

I have located an Mission 775sm with 774sm arm, supposed to be in good shape. The Sanusi sounds good and have no real complaints other than needing to clean the speed pots. No big deal. I've read the mission arm is very musical and would like to know more before going after it. So....what do you...
  19. yonder

Technics sl1200m3d

I saw one of these at a music shop last weekend. The owner said he has had it for well over 5yrs. N.o.s. was his description. Could be a real bargain. The music shop in Arkansas city, kansas.
  20. yonder

Revox g36 worth 250?

Hey all! I can get a revox g36 for 250. Not one flaw cosmetically and operates nicely. Has had very little use. Good heads and all the original Phillips miny watt tubes. Serial number 38602. Is this a mk1,2,or3. Thanks for any and all information.
  21. yonder

Marantz 2600

No affiliation. Houston Tx cl. Marantz 2600. $4000. Teac x1000r $325, that sounds pretty good.
  22. yonder

mixed tapes

The tape format has really gotten to me. Started out with a Tascam 34b. It has a good reputation and is what I consider a nice starter deck. I didn't pay much but it "showed me the way". Thought it would be a good idea to own an auto reverse and wound up with a Sony 758. Thanks Audiokarma, I'll...
  23. yonder

very good tech in kcmo.

Brian at audio mart is a reliable/very competent tech for reel to reels and old turntables. He renewed my Tascam 34b. Good job. He now has my Sony tc-758. The first thing he checked were the pinch rollers and said they were marginal but don't worry I have some good ones for you. His shop is...
  24. yonder

studer b67

Hey guys, I have a chance to get a studer b67 in nice condition. It is in a consol which I don't want. How difficult is it to move the vu meters to below the headstack? The heads are not perfect but usable and sound good and for what I will have to give I can afford to send them off for...
  25. yonder

technics rs 1700

Kc cl has one listed for $1000. As far as sound quality goes where would this fall in line? As good as a sony tc758?
Back
Top Bottom