Search results

1. scimitar12

Sherwood Receivers?

I had an S-7310. Great receiver. Not only did it have a nice warm sound as other have stated, but it compared very favorably to my Pioneer SX-828. And, the tuner was no slouch either.
  2. scimitar12

Sherwood SEL 200 Worth

Not interested in what they sold for new; only what they are worth today.
  3. scimitar12

Cornstock 2018 Iowa/Midwest gathering September 15

I hope to make this event. Sounds like fun.
  4. scimitar12

Kenwood KR-5400 vs Pioneer SX-828 vs Onkyo A-7

I have an SX-828. While I don't have a KR-5400 I do have a KR-7400. Both units are very nice and work very well. The SX-828 sounds much better.
  5. scimitar12

When It Sounds Oh So Good.

There were few things more gratifying after a hard day's work then a stiff drink and getting lost in the music. Now that I'm retired and am freed of the daily grind I am happy nothing has changed.
  6. scimitar12

This is the kind of crap that is on my local CL...

I know some sellers (and not just limited to electronics) who believe "mint" is used to describe the cosmetics of something regardless of the inner workings. Some years ago I looked at an early sixties Ford Galaxie. The car sat in a heated garage for years, and with the exception of dust and...
  7. scimitar12

Is "Concert Hall Realism" Really Necessary?

My home set up is definitley not surround but arranged for stereo. Regardless of whatever receiver/integrated amp I use with different speakers I appreciate the sound qualities from these arrangements. I tend to get lost in the music and am very happy.
  8. scimitar12

This is the kind of crap that is on my local CL...

If the seller has not plugged it in how does he/she know what actual condition it is in? "Mint" is so overly used.
  9. scimitar12

Hey yo! South of Dayton Ohio here

Welcome from the Quad Cities.
  10. scimitar12

Best FM stations in your area

I used to listen to 101.1 when I lived in Sterling, VA. Big plus for that station.
  11. scimitar12

Speakers cables does really make a diference?

I use a roll of thin gauge wires (20/22m) bought from Radio Shack years ago. Works great.
  12. scimitar12

Lately I've Been Into Lo-Fi!

Love this post. I have an old Sony transistor radio bought in the mid 1980s. I used all around the house, mostly for background music. I remember using it a lot doing outside work around the house. The thing has lots of paint splatter from two house paintings. One hell of a workhorse.
  13. scimitar12

KA-8004 and KA-7100 Arrivals

I would use the 8005 plugged into my receivers' aux jacks over the years but it just isn't the same as using Kenwood's integrateds.
  14. scimitar12

KA-8004 and KA-7100 Arrivals

Earlier this month I got my first integrated, a KA-7100. I heard a lot of good things about the model and since I have never had an integrated I bought this item from the auction site. The unit sounds great. It is a bit neutral in sound as mentioned on this board but still provides a clear...
  15. scimitar12

Pioneer SX-828, Sherwood s-7310 Heaven

Is this it? I popped the lid. I have no idea what I am looking at. Sorry for the less than stellar pic. Edit: Upon further research on this site it seems what I have in the pic is something with a handle that is used to cover the device the MC transformer plugs into. It appears I do not...
  16. scimitar12

Yea, I was going to but it I was afraid I might snap it as it does not seem to want to move. Isn't the transformer an add-on supplied by Pioneer?
  17. scimitar12

I recently picked up my first vintage Pioneer off the auction site. The unit works great, at least from my initial playing with it for a week or so. Even came with al three pairs of speaker jacks. The sound it produces reflects everything I read on this site. The mids and highs are very...
  18. scimitar12

Kenwood KA-1000 recap?

Great job restoring your KA-1000. The Sigma Drive is real and improves sound quality, at least with the speakers I paired with my KA-900; Polk Monitor 10s and Advents 1As. I've been looking for a nice KA-1000 with its tuner.
  19. scimitar12

Kenwood KR-8010

I have not owned a KR-8050 so can't speak to that but I used to own a KR-8010. Had the unit professionally cleaned and serviced. Everything was in spec. I found the 8010 lacking in overall sound quality in low volume. Even at moderate volume several of my lower powered receivers at the time...
  20. scimitar12

Kenwood KR-7200 market price

Doing a quick search for these on Ebay suggests a range from $110 to $199 for excellent examples.
  21. scimitar12

KR-770, KR-7050 Similarities

I have a KR-770 and was wondering what differences there are between that and the KR-7050. Both share a lot of same specs including the IF band for FM, and settings for bass and treble plus a mid-range selection. It seems the weight and case dimensions are very close if not identical, though I...
  22. scimitar12

Kenwood KA-1000 recap?

I used to own a KA-900. The sound was superb but boy, did it run hot.
  23. scimitar12

Kenwood KA-8004

Hope your KA-8004 turns out well. I too have the "matching" tuner and am on the hunt for the amp.
  24. scimitar12

Kenwood KR 7600 advice....fair market value?

If it is 100% working perfectly $190 is about it. Not having the coveted wood case really hurts its value.
  25. scimitar12

found a Realistic STA-90

The tech guy that worked on my STA-90 said this model was built by Panasonic.
Back
Top Bottom