Search results

1. prighello

Which Speakers Would you Choose?

I would listen to all the speakers in question and then buy the ones I liked the most. I’d also not limit myself to just those brands or models. If you like accurate speakers go listen to some Kefs and Focals as well.
  2. prighello

Sonus Faber Venere 1.5

I’ll add having owned the venere and had the Lumina II in my room for a month. The Lumina’s are a lot better in my opinion. I’d take a pair of ls50s over the venere 1.5 any day they were nothing special.
  3. prighello

Chateau Reference Monitors

It looks like some of the inductors are encased in the resin? Interesting design. How do they sound?
  4. prighello

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Aug 19th 2012
  5. prighello

Chateau Reference Monitors

The way that battling is all torn up and missing I wonder if mice got in there.
  6. prighello

It's amazing what people try to sell

That was my thought as well or it’s some kind of money laundering or drug exchange thing. Post some piece of oblivious crap for sale and it’s code for something else?
  7. prighello

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

Not a fan of the new ux but I totally understand the need to upgrade.
  8. prighello

Porch Festivals?

They did these in Napa, Ca when I lived there. It was great, one of my buddies used to host at his porch every year. They don’t do them here in AZ where I’m at now but the culture here (lack of) sucks.
  9. prighello

Falcon LS3/5a Silver vs. Gold

Q7 is just a slightly deeper box. To get a Q of 0.7 for the woofer. They also lack the felt around the tweeter on the baffle and they use magnets to hold the grill vs Velcro. Otherwise, it’s the same as the Falcon 3/5. I think the base Q7 crossover is its own thing and not the same as the...
  10. prighello

Falcon LS3/5a Silver vs. Gold

No quite the same but I’ve had a pair of Falcon Q7s for about a year. I upgraded the crossovers to the Gold Badge ones; same as those used in the Falcon LS3/5a. I can say the the GB crossover appear very well made. Even the base Q7 crossover was pretty nice, not that same as the silver badge...
  11. prighello

Please help me decide on new speakers

Tekton makes a ton of makes and the website is confusing; at least to me. Brand new Lores should be around $1K, M and References a little less. If you can find a used pair; I’d snag them. Their bigger speakers with tweeter arrays that act as a mid are more expensive. The Impact Monitor and...
  12. prighello

Please help me decide on new speakers

With your taste in music you might want to add Tekton Design to your list. Very live sounding, great with rock and electronic music. One of the Lore variants would be in your budget. Very easy to drive and dynamic. Some years ago I had the M Lore and put on a Cure CD. My buddy was over and as...
  13. prighello

Car stealership ripoff stories

Book time! Yeah, that is a real trick for sure. Not long ago our Honda needed front struts. I went around to local shops to get quotes and they were all quoting an all day job. I called a few out on it as the struts were being replaced with "quick" struts that come as an assembly. This greatly...
  14. prighello

I live in a dark sky community, it is cool what they do to preserve the night sky.
  15. prighello

That is an insane quote. Maybe for a whole new motor but just a turbo…my a$$. You can get it pulled and rebuilt for wayyy less. Or buy an upgraded turbo kit from someone like APR.
  16. prighello

VM95ML Stylus issues

Could be the angle of the shots but it does look slightly off kilter in both photos. Like it is twisted a bit. I have this cart and never had any IGD so I am inclined to think something is off with yours.
  17. prighello

Shocking TT price.

I agree with this to some extent. The guys I know with crazy systems are actually pretty secretive about it. They have them for their own enjoyment and don’t care to show off at all, the opposite actually. On the flip side, a dealer friend of mine has told me about some high end systems he has...
  18. prighello

Let the buyer BEWARE - Technics SL100C

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of Amazon. I can say in my experience, as a brand on Amazon with fulfillment through their warehouse, one can still have their ASINs nerfed by other resellers (authorized or unauthorized) with bad descriptions, images, etc. I am living this at work...
  19. prighello

Let the buyer BEWARE - Technics SL100C

I wouldn’t judge it by the description on the Amazon listing. Those can be nerfed by third party sellers. I am in the midst of trying to clean up some for my company at the moment. Lots of great turntables don’t even come with carts so I don’t get your point. Also, a rather famous Linn came...
  20. prighello

Not looking good for Audio Research Company (ARC)?

Granite and marble cases incoming :). I like Acora speakers, they sound great but are pricy for sure.
  21. prighello

MoFi news!

I’m sure the way it is structured they will be fine but a $25mm bill for a typical $75mm ARR company would usually be a death sentence. Even if product margins are 50% cut that number right in half. Then you still have overheads to cover. Plus interest rates have been going up a lot so any debt...
  22. prighello

MoFi news!

I was thinking the same thing, that’s a lot for a small company. I don’t think what they did was right but I don’t see how the suit has any merit. You buy the records to listen to them, their value is irrelevant. So long as they play that’s all that should matter in my opinion. This isn’t shares...
  23. prighello

SteamPunk HiFi ???

Anything D'agostino.
  24. prighello

The Notorious Cartridge Question

Smooth cartridges that come to mind are Grado, Nagaoka, Sumiko. I've got the orignal beepre, bust it out in winter time. It's a nice piece of kit :)
Back
Top Bottom